Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

MS Store users can launch it already

Good morning, fellow Kiribati's!

I just bought a monthly Game Pass (after moving to Kiribati). When I go to the Xbox app and double click on the Standard Edition, I get this error message:

73LnezP.png

Does this trick only work for pre-orders?

9 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

As many other fellow flight-simmers, I am now a resident of the Kiribati islands. 

We should do an online fly pass tonight in honour of the islands very generous hospitality to us all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Change your region to Kiribati in your Windows 10 settings, where the game just launched, then you can start it 🙂

EDIT: Has a 91.36GB initial download for me, with the Game Pass standard version.

m59YBYP.jpg

I have a 91.36gb download but I bought the premium deluxe version but I do also have a game pass, wondering how that’s going to work.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, antonvs said:

Bloody hell, there goes Microsofts great idea of staggering downloads around the world. Very hard to remain in a happy state regarding users who think this is a cleaver idea!

Well, they will still get quite a staggered launch I suspect. It's a little "hard core" to change your region settings like that. Many people wont even get the idea into their head. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 minute ago, Carts85 said:

I have a 91.36gb download but I bought the premium deluxe version but I do also have a game pass, wondering how that’s going to work.

Premium only unlocks additional content, and the MS Storefront probably is configered to easily handle people who upgrade from standard to the other two versions. For now im totally happy to fly around in standard untill I can get my premium deluxe to launch properly. 

• Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

2 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Likewise, it only seems to be downloading the 90gb right now....

Just now, Andreas Stangenes said:

Premium only unlocks additional content, and the MS Storefront probably is configered to easily handle people who upgrade from standard to the other two versions. For now im totally happy to fly around in standard untill I can get my premium deluxe to launch properly. 

Yeah I think you're probably right there!

Seems to be working only for Game Pass users. Normal preorders ask for a Digital Ownership that the installer doesnt seem to detect, and asks for a physical copy.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Perhaps the digital licence for those who pre-ordered will be activated once the simulator is released in their region, since this is where they bought it from.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just now, ChaoticBeauty said:

Perhaps the digital licence for those who pre-ordered will be activated once the simulator is released in their region, since this is where they bough it from.

Exactly, that`s what I was thinking about.

Iñigo Bildarratz

17 minutes ago, SeanMo said:

Good morning, fellow Kiribati's!

I just bought a monthly Game Pass (after moving to Kiribati). When I go to the Xbox app and double click on the Standard Edition, I get this error message:

Does this trick only work for pre-orders?

I did it through the MS Store itself with the Game Pass, not the Game Pass app. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

32 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

It started, jeez I never seen this many people in kiribati!

Ko kaman uuti? As we say here. 🤣

• Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Moving to Kiribati brought me to the TBM start screen, but I cannot get past the CD request. Seems the installer can be fooled, but not the license tool.

So close, yet so far away ...

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 3700 | nVidia RTX 2700S | 32 GB RAM | 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSB | Dell U3818DW 3840x1600 Display | Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick | Thrustmaster TCWS Throttle

11 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I did it through the MS Store itself with the Game Pass, not the Game Pass app. 

When you get the xbox gamepass for pc (beta), the ms store updates because those things are connected to your ms account. So after I got the gamepass, the store would say that I could play the standard edition as part of my gamepass sub, or I could buy it to own it. 

Andreas Stangenes