Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

9 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Did someone say you need Windows 10 v2004 in order to get the sim working properly? Is that correct? Will I be fine if I download / install without it?

I started the download for the windows update but it's stuck at 93% on the installer...

Yes.. somebody did. I wasn't expecting that so now I'm sidetracked getting 2004 in place when I should be downloading the sim. Argh!

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Does this blue bar move? It would have been thoughtful and forward-thinking to have some sort of information screen here to tell us what's going on at this point. Is it even attempting to download? I have no idea. Many will likely try to reboot.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

2 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

Does this blue bar move? It would have been thoughtful and forward-thinking to have some sort of information screen here to tell us what's going on at this point. Is it even attempting to download? I have no idea. Many will likely try to reboot.

I suspect it's all overloaded. Unfortunately, it's not downloading at that point. It will eventually check for updates and ask you to confirm downloading the game.

• Like 1

Just now, bonchie said:

I suspect it's all overloaded. Unfortunately, it's not downloading at that point. It will eventually check for updates and ask you to confirm downloading the game.

Thanks. At least I know what's going on now.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

I started my download about 10 minutes ago at exactly midnight Eastern Time. So far, it's downloading faster than any of the alphas or betas did. I think Microsoft is ready for us!

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Just now, David Mills said:

I started my download about 10 minutes ago at exactly midnight Eastern Time. So far, it's downloading faster than any of the alphas or betas did. I think Microsoft is ready for us!

Not me in NJ. Started on the nose as you did.

1 minute ago, Agrajag said:

Thanks. At least I know what's going on now.

Force quit and relaunch. Worked immediately for me the 2nd time. Downloading now.

Are you guys running the May 10 (2004) Windows version? The requirements mention the May update but from 2019, so I haven't updated to that yet as it's known to have issues.

3 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Good DL speed here too

• Like 1

Deeply painful from midnight to 1AM local UK time last night.  Never got to the actual downloading part and gave me a sleepless night.  However it started downloading on the first attempt right now, and is going as far as my physical connection will permt (about 35Mbps).  Hopefully better times ahead.

4 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Force quit and relaunch. Worked immediately for me the 2nd time. Downloading now.

That did it for me too. Thanks. It's "flying" (no pun intended). 1GB already done.

I'm in central time zone and it let me launch the app but the blue bar is stuck.  I noticed their FB thread said 0500z for US central, but originally it was 2300L.  I wonder if it's actually midnight for US central for the download to start.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

When I got up this morning (about twelve hours ago), I had no internet service. As you might guess, I was almost panic-stricken. Of all days!!! I thought that the overgrown tree in my backyard had finally destroyed the cable internet wires leading to my house. I got online, via cellular, and discovered to my joy that the entire area had no internet service. (You know what I mean. It wasn't just me.) The Comcast website said that internet service should be restored by 3:45PM. It was, thank goodness.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

13 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Eastern time ? what state are you in 

Rich Sennett

Huntington, West Virginia

• Like 1