Sign in to follow this  
F1le

IFR planes are like arcade planes so far?

10 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

When i start a turn i would expect to push a bit the correct foot in to avoid slip/slide. here you simply dont need the ball is all the time centered. Pushing full rudder on stight flight dont do much...feel arcade 

sounds like auto-coord is on or the sim isnt using your manual inputs for the rudder for whatever reason.

47 minutes ago, 7478i said:

Unless you fly these aircraft in real life, you don't have the qualifications to compare these aircraft to real life. 

FWIW some real world ga pilots have commented on the ga aircraft and were praising the flight dynamics. 

Whom? I would like to ask them, why no rudder input is needed. Serious. 

BTW dont get me wrong. Flight dynamics might need few tweaks and maybe night performance as well. But other than that its really a masterpiece.

Roi Ben

how is rudder input not needed ? have you completed the crosswind landing challenges without rudder ?

2 minutes ago, cepact said:

how is rudder input not needed ? have you completed the crosswind landing challenges without rudder ?

No i haven't, but so far in all scenarios ive been i didn't need to input any rudder when making turn. The ball stays in the center with just minor movements. Is this a correct dynamics ?  

Roi Ben

MSFS is new and interesting if you like eye candy. Scenery is a great step ahead if you have the computer power to see it. MSFS is for VFR flights in smaller aircraft. If you like good aircraft and real IFR X-Plane is way better. Unfortunately X-Plane does not have good ATC however MSFS seems smoother but is just as bad.  

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 9:13 PM, F1le said:

Do you have an impression that all those IFR planes their FMC/MCDUs are most likely arcade planes not real one? Most of the buttons are inOp, FMC can't even allow you make changes, it's like 10-20% of real functionality of pmdg/fslab - you can't even input a road only points, I think for all IFRers it'll take some time to really have fun. VFR is really cool, but  IFR so far not so much. 

Do you have same impression?

Yes for sure, the vfr is great and I have not even flown the jets I'm just waiting for the 3090 and pmdg, mind you I have never flown default aircraft that much but I do like the vfr aircraft in this sim

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I just shoo RNAV approach in moded A320X. I love to fly every approach in the sim I do by hand. Autopilot goes off either at 1000 AGL at FAF. 

So frankly, other than missing  in depth systems I absolutely see no difference between hand flying Toliss  319/321 or Flight Factor 320. I know people complained airplanes are bouncy. Well, I'm yet to bounce A320 ! My average touch downs between 180 to 380 fpm  per acars data which is not great but not that bad either.

So if you treat MSFS as an arcade then you get arcade. If use it like sim than you get sim. Simple as that!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 8/18/2020 at 9:57 AM, roi1862 said:

When i start a turn i would expect to push a bit the correct foot in to avoid slip/slide. here you simply dont need the ball is all the time centered. Pushing full rudder on stight flight dont do much...feel arcade 

What airplane and what is your bank angle and airspeed? I’ve spent almost all of my time I’m MSFS in the 152. The ground handling is poor, but for the most part I can fly it in cruise with my feet off the pedals which is more or less realistic. You do need a hair of Rudrer on climbout. 

In order to be able to understand your concern, we need more information. 

11 hours ago, mtr75 said:

What airplane and what is your bank angle and airspeed? I’ve spent almost all of my time I’m MSFS in the 152. The ground handling is poor, but for the most part I can fly it in cruise with my feet off the pedals which is more or less realistic. You do need a hair of Rudrer on climbout. 

In order to be able to understand your concern, we need more information. 

Put out full flaps and bank left/right. Don't pull the nose let it drop nose a bit and then bank the other way. There is no way the ball stays almost perfectly centered. You can try in the c152, c172, cub's... technically all of the them behave quite same in regards to slip/skid. In most small GA planes if you roll to one side without rudder input you will actually turn a bit to the other side due to ailerons drag. Here it dosnt happens.

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

On 8/18/2020 at 1:13 PM, F1le said:

Do you have an impression that all those IFR planes their FMC/MCDUs are most likely arcade planes not real one? Most of the buttons are inOp, FMC can't even allow you make changes, it's like 10-20% of real functionality of pmdg/fslab - you can't even input a road only points, I think for all IFRers it'll take some time to really have fun. VFR is really cool, but  IFR so far not so much. 

Do you have same impression?

Why does Avsim not immediately lock these troll posts that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, clog up the forum and pushes important topics off the first page?

Shouldn't the fact that this guy is referring to planes as a "IFR planes" be enough to understand the intention?

On 8/18/2020 at 9:39 AM, Dominique_K said:

What does happen when on a straight flight you push a pedal all the way ? 

In real life I imagine the vertical stabilizer will shear off if you kick the rudder with all your might at cruise.

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

In real life I imagine the vertical stabilizer will shear off if you kick the rudder with all your might at cruise.

If you're below maneuvering speed (Va) the plane will just yaw hard right or left.  It might be a little uncomfortable but nothing bad will happen.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

16 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

If you're below maneuvering speed (Va) the plane will just yaw hard right or left.  It might be a little uncomfortable but nothing bad will happen.

Even in the 172 I usually cruise well above Va. Usually can get it to 120 knots.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 hours ago, WestAir said:

Not if you're below maneuvering speed.