Sign in to follow this  
eslader

Anyone else having ATC audio issues?

The offline mode isn't even that bad.... At least it has female and male voices that sound alright. 

• Like 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

2 hours ago, smoothchat said:

I think the Azure server is under stress and not coping with so many simultaneous users.

Agreed, I think it is an Azure-related problem.

• Like 1

It’s funny that some people scoffed at the thought that MSFS could cause load issues with Azure...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm having this issue too. 

Just for good measure, how do I check if text-to-speech is installed? 

Thanks for any help. 

51 minutes ago, regis9 said:

It’s funny that some people scoffed at the thought that MSFS could cause load issues with Azure...

Just imagine if Asobo had also used the speech recognition features.🐢

I'm having a similar issue as well. I wanted to do an IFR flight from Amsterdam to Poznan Poland in the a320. With text to speech set to Azure I got no sound at all from atc. Then when I switced to Windows Offline, ground services and ATIS worked fine, but as soon as I requested IFR clearance, the actual request would have sound but then no reply or sound from atc. The odd thing is I did another quick flight for comparison straight off the runway without an IFR plan in the same aircraft and with Windows Offline the ATC had no issues at all. I hope someone maybe has a solution to this. 

Edited by MB987
Was missing info

Yes, I would like to have "James" as the ATC voice.  Is there a way to do that in the sim?

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

I have an issue where it's making my pilot voice female, yet my profile is male.

ATC set to Windows Offline mode as the Azure ATC randomly cuts out.  Still, I'm not a woman!!!!  😁

• Like 1

I don’t want to jinx it but in my current flight I have heard every single ATC communication...first time in final release version.  Maybe they’ve fixed something in the back end.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have this issue using Azure for ATC. Seen a lot of people mention it. Changing the setting to windows offline seemed to have fixed the issue with the ATC communications not coming though.

seems to be some problem with the online servers at the moment. Maybe being overloaded by demand? No clue but that fixes it. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 11:06 AM, xenonsk said:

Try this : Go to options, general, sound, text-to-speech settings and switch from azure to windows offline. Worked for me.

^ This worked for me as well but the ATC still seems buggy itself

Flew from KCMH to KDAY and once I transferred over to Indianapolis tower, the ATIS just kept on repeating and wouldn't stop, I couldn't confirm the direction back to ATC then they eventually cancelled the IFR haha.

Does anyone know how to change the pilot's voice though?  I want the voice to be male and not female.  I changed the pilot avatar but it didn't change the voice.

I had to switch the volume off.

If I heard one more "Generic" callsign I'd have jumped off my balcony.

Instead of Air Lingus xxx or Cessna, it's "Generic Airbus" or "Generic Cessna".

Seriously, it's like a placeholder... Simply unfinished, like many other things.