Sign in to follow this  
maniamcool

This release is the epitome of the gaming industry

1 minute ago, langly said:

Weird because in another thread you stated you hadn't bought the sim yet...

Yup, and I still haven't either.  You'd have to, you know, actually fly for a while to understand what MSFS is really all about.  It's not about circuit breakers.  It's about... flying... yeah, that's the ticket.  It's a flying simulator.

Oh, and my cats are obviously smarter than yours. 😄 

Remind me again why you aren't on my ignore list yet?  You tempt me with every post.

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Software is nowadays extremely complex. Expecting everything perfect day 1 is going to lead to disappointment.

• Like 2

Hi,

I still think its quite a solid release. It's running stable. I didn't have a single CTD since I joined the alpha. I am not used to stable running flightsims developed by Microsoft on release.

I agree that setting up a controller is quite awful and that some things are lacking, but compared to how unusable FSX was at release, FS2020 is a dream.

The flightdynamics and systems of default aircraft never where amazing in any sim. I remember how shocked I was about the standard C172 in XPlane 11. But be honest, how many hours did you spend in default aircraft in the last years?

I fly general aviation aircraft in real world and did some hours in the default C172 in the sim yesterday. I reduced the sensitivity of my Alpha Flight Controls a bit and have to say, I found it pretty ok. Not A2A level, but for sure not worse than the default C172s in FSX or XPlane.

Regarding weather: I flew around Portugal and for the first time in a sim without any addons, I had the felling I am flying in some sort of "alive" air. I could feel some thermals and realistic bumps.

After that flight I changed to the new Zell am See (LOWZ) scenery that was released by GAYA Simulations yesterday and flew around Austria (where I fly in real life). I have to admit that the bumps and thermals are way to exaggerated, when you come close to the mountains. I was using "Live weather" and yesterday evening was a pretty calm one.

So, overall I am very optimistic that this will become the gamechanger we all ware hoping for. Was it released to early? Yes. Doese it have huge potential? Definately yes 🙂

Kind regards

Martin

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

I am fairly sure that many new members just stay a short while, but stuff like this make them go away and never come back. And stuff like this especially drives away people who want to have some intelligent and mature discussions about flight sims and aviation. Those that remain are often those that frequently rant and complain, because hey, that's apparently what people do around here.

The two people you quote are newcomers to Avsim. As most of the authors of the inflammatory statements.  

What is your point ? What do you propose besides criticizing  the community to which you participate , the favorite masochist past time in the West these days ?

Avsim is built over a principle of freedom of expression within reasonable limits and that includes hot statements. I don’t like them either but I hate more censorship. The best way to counter rants and puerile back and forth  is indeed to bring « some intelligent and mature » arguments to the discussions about flight sims and aviation . Expecting yours .

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

23 minutes ago, gassa said:

I have to admit that the bumps and thermals are way to exaggerated, when you come close to the mountains.

When you get close to the mountains, you get the air flow over them.  I can't comment on how realistic it would be compared to the real world.  It should allow for some ridge soaring in a glider.  Or even a Cessna 152. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

I can agree with the main word in the OP - GAME.

It's a GAME !

Yes, it is - they are all, no matter how you dress while using them, how complex a setup your money can buy and your partners at home can sustain, how "professional" you try to be at the commands, how big you fell when you read "captains..." like some game producers like to write. It's a GAME ! That's for sure.

Regarding the rest of the OP, and most of what's written in this thread, please just have some patience - we're all losing the quality of waiting... Wait ! Enjoy what you have already !

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Elitist flight simmers: The thing you enjoy is garbage based on my 1 billion hours in C320 Neo Max Dreamliner

Elitist flight simmers: 😳 Shocked at people defending the thing they enjoy.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

I don't guarantee that's true.  Just a feeling though.  Even if it were it's not something that would bother me as not everyone involved would be working on a console release.

Hook

Me either. I found Neuman had an embarrassed  answer during the last interview. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the port take a long time, a very long time, a very, very long time.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

What do you propose besides criticizing  the community to which you participate

Only what I wrote in my previous post: That people sometimes should just try and pause and think about what they are about to post before hitting the submit button.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JacquesBrel said:

Only what I wrote in my previous post: That people sometimes should just try and pause and think about what they are about to post before hitting the submit button.

I couldn’t agree more. But forums are forums. And this is not the worse, by far, a good middle ground between the boring ones, the cheerleading excuses for a forum... and sewers. Lively, international, with good contributors on average.

Dominique

29 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I found Neuman had an embarrassed  answer during the last interview. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the port take a long time, a very long time, a very, very long time.

A very very Very long time... as in they haven't started on it yet and have no idea if it can even be done? 😄 Well, they originally *intended* to do an XBox port...

I have no idea.  But like I said, I'm not worried about it.

Hook

Larry Hookins

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

The problem was that it didn't have airliners and that offended a certain segment of the simming population.  It was also limited in the areas you could fly.  And no real world weather... I never cared for the weather themes.

Only major complaint I had was the complete lack of traffic, making the living world feel somewhat dead. An improved Flight would've been a great alternative to the current simulators all these years. Its engine and flight model were amazing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Only major complaint I had was the complete lack of traffic, making the living world feel somewhat dead. An improved Flight

It helped to fly online.  And it was fun, too.

Hook

Larry Hookins

2 minutes ago, LHookins said:

It helped to fly online.  And it was fun, too.

It sure did. I'm quite sad I didn't have much time to fly online then. Hopefully the multiplayer in the new simulator is at least as good and will maintain a high amount of active users.

• Like 1

To be honest, this sim is way to complex to release it in a perfect state. It needs the constant feedback of the user and yes covid might had them rush to release. However, they had 4 years of development and I dont really see this atm. And what I still dont trust: Will MS & Asobo develope it further into a perfect Sim? For sure MS came back to the Sim to get its piece of the very high customer lifetime value of a simmer when it comes to sales in the add on Market. This is a cash cow for decades! Now will MS lean back and let the third party devs polish things or will they keep developing?