Sign in to follow this  
qacmemphis

X-Plane vs MFS 2020

1 minute ago, rob0203 said:

Good luck then with MSFS without addons 🤪

Thanks! I just started a VFR world tour and trained my weekend VFR navigation on the sim, it's awesome.

• Like 3

imyj2f-5.png

4 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

(2) Camera settings - I remapped my hat switch to look around and snap back to the original assigned view #1

Care to share how to do this please?

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, qacmemphis said:

MFS doesnt have (or at least I wasnt able to find) "Cold startup"

1. Select airport you wish to set as a departure airport. Zoom all the way in: move plane to parking position. Plane will be in a cold and dark state - took me a minute to figure this out. Use logic and common sense. Already hundreds of youtube tutorials available...

(RTFM!)

Edited by Ricardo41

I See is his First post welcome to the forums. Another one making a weird comparison with xplane that has had a hefty amount of work/updates after release. I think this is a perfect example of what maybe someone with a new account to come in and try and fail to pss people off . 

• Like 3

Image removed as image is no longer available.

1 minute ago, andrecarli737 said:

Thanks! I just started a VFR world tour and trained my weekend VFR navigation on the sim, it's awesome.

Sounds great! Too bad I am a IFR jet flyer, and can’t even undock PFD / ND / EICAS to a second screen in my home cockpit, and the jets really are not good.

But I must admit the weather and VFR flying are a good experience.

49 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

You have to start at a parking spot,

lol, this shows the guy knows nada....ahhahahahaah amasing inst it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

(2) Camera settings - I remapped my hat switch to look around and snap back to the original assigned view #1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

Yep of course! It made the sim for me.

Go to Controls > select your yoke / joystick

On the bottom left, change Filter to ALL, and then search for “look” in the search bar. You’ll have to manually set each look event for each of the 8 movements on your joystick hat.

You can also bind Load Custom View #x to any joystick button, and if you set it to #1 for example, when you press that button it’ll go to whatever view you assigned as #1 by doing CTRL-ALT-1 (not num pad - top button)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Cai Zicheng said:

What part of the MSFS 2020 camera is not better than X-Plane default camera?

Camera presets like closeup views of gauges that are saved on an individual basis for each aircraft model. Unless it was added since I left the Alpha? One of the things I missed the most.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

3 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Camera presets like closeup views of gauges that are saved on an individual basis for each aircraft model. Unless it was added since I left the Alpha? One of the things I missed the most.

Most of the planes come with custom views of the various parts of the cockpit. The Citation CJ4 comes with 9 of them. Seems pretty decent for a default plane....

Just now, Paraffin said:

Yes, it's added. Check "Save Custom Camera" and "Load Custom Camera" in the key binds. Works just like the Num 0-9 keys in X-Plane.

Zicheng Cai

9 minutes ago, Cai Zicheng said:

Yes, it's added. Check "Save Custom Camera" and "Load Custom Camera" in the key binds. Works just like the Num 0-9 keys in X-Plane.

And it saves on a per-aircraft basis? That's cool, thanks for the update!

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

23 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Yep of course! It made the sim for me.

Go to Controls > select your yoke / joystick

On the bottom left, change Filter to ALL, and then search for “look” in the search bar. You’ll have to manually set each look event for each of the 8 movements on your joystick hat.

You can also bind Load Custom View #x to any joystick button, and if you set it to #1 for example, when you press that button it’ll go to whatever view you assigned as #1 by doing CTRL-ALT-1 (not num pad - top button)

I tried this, but when I let go off the hat switch, the view doesn't reset like you mentioned. I thought it was suppose to reset your view once you let go.

Just now, captain420 said:

I tried this, but when I let go off the hat switch, the view doesn't reset like you mentioned. I thought it was suppose to reset your view once you let go.

Oh I miswrote that. You're thinking of "quick look" instead of "look". 

What I meant is that I can use the hat stick to pan the view around, and when I'm ready to go back to the main set view, I set another button to return to Custom View #1.