Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing Pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020

Hi Dave,

I have done a lot of digging into how to get flight plans from Pilot2ATC into FS2020. It seems possible to load PLN-files into FS2020 via the [SPACE] LOAD/SAVE button on the OPTIONS menu. As yet, I haven’t succeeded in doing so. Maybe I have to try a little harder!

However, the discrepancy between the information that is available in the Pilot2ATC flight planner and in a saved VBF-file on one hand, and in an exported PLN-file on the other, is quite disappointing!

Pilot2ATC manages to recreate the original flight plan from a VBS-file. No irrepairable loss of information there! The PLN-file only contains the departure ICAO and the arrival ICAO. No SID, no STAR. If we ever want to achieve some level of integration, flight plans should be transferrable without the slightest loss of information!

I am aware, that Microsoft / Asobo also have some work to do, before FS2020 will fully honour the efforts of others, such as Pilot2ATC. It seems that at present FS2020 can only load VFR flight plans. But someone has to begin somwhere. I very respectfully would like you to be that person!

Regards,

Han Schouten

Hi Dave, I owe you two apologies: one for not knowing this and one for not taking care of my VFR / IFR setting.

In the meantime, I have performed a small experiment. If you export an IFR fight plan with SID and STAR as PLN file to FS2020, via the SAVE /LOAD button on the flight planning screen, all information included is available without loss of information. I have verified this by meticulously comparing the XML files. If you save this flight as a PLN file, its contents are nearly identical to the exported PLN file.

Having tried flight planning in Pilot2ATC and in FS2020, I must say that Pilot2ATC is much user-friendlier. Selecting a SID or a STAR in FS2020 by name is pretty obscure: you actually don’t know what you are selecting.

Regards,

Han Schouten

Hello

thank you for enabling Pilot2ATC with the MSFS 2020. My problem is that I have very long loading times when connecting, importing the flight plan, submitting the auto plan for SID and STAR and submitting the file for approval.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

For comparison: I have been waiting for more than 5 minutes for the auto plan function ...

Thank you and best regards

The only thing I can suspect in this case is that you are running out of memory or CPU resources.  Check in Windows Task Manager to see what your CPU and Memory usage percentage is.

Dave

Thanks for the answer. So with P3D I never had such problems, but maybe I will have more consumption through MSFS 2020, I'll check that out.

No problem during the flight - communication was as always. A very good product 🙂

Thank you and best regards

A Beta version of MakeRunways which works with MSFS is now available on Open Beta:

MakeRunways Beta version 5.00 for MSFS

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Problem with this guy is he only gives you one chance at the trial?

I tried it a copuple of weeks ago and it was horrid.

Now I want to try again and its blocked!

There is a chance ill buy it but cant re test it.

If you got unlimited tries at a 10 day trial, then it would be freeware.

If you need some additional time with the trial, send an email to admin@pilot2atc.com and request another trial.

Hi Dave,

Do we need to buy FSUIPC for MSFS to use Pilot2ATC now? 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

This would be a question for John Dowson, the owner of FSUIPC.

http://www.fsuipc.com/

However, other version of FSUIPC have had a free version that only did the data exchange with no customizations or control setups, etc.  The site above is their official site and seems to have a free version of FSUIPC7 available.

Dave

Thanks, Dave.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White