Sign in to follow this  
fmloyola

Affinity Mask - FPS boost

Wait!  NickN's "The Bible" still exists.  LOL  I guess some elements are still relevant.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

26 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Adding this in the CFG at the bottom always worked for me..

[PLACEBO]                                              LowerFPSBy5=0

When the FPS gets really low I often use this tweak:

[MAKEYOUFEELBETTER]               JackDaniels = +8

• Like 4

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

As my next post, I will cover mid-level tweaking, which you should complete before embarking on your first MSFS flight. 

To heck with that. Please jump to the really advanced stuff because I can barely maintain 100FPS at KSEA.

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

30 minutes ago, W2DR said:

To heck with that. Please jump to the really advanced stuff because I can barely maintain 100FPS at KSEA.

Well, I thought I'd take some time to edit the "mid-level" document, because I don't want to be accused of posting a "word salad" again. I shall also limit myself to no more than 10 fonts/font sizes in the text.

I'm going to try and keep it simple for newbies, but I'm confident that with a bit of time and effort I should be able to deliver you a consistent increase of 2-3 frames per second. As these tweaks will involve substantially modifying the Windows 10 kernel, you might want to brush up on your C and assembly language skills while you wait. Also, we'll be adding some extra code to both the OS and MSFS using GW-Basic, so make sure you're up to speed on that as well.

I'm well aware that some of you are keen to fly but be patient - we'll get there soon!

• Like 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Didn't we all discuss this - not that long ago - about having new members here - and NOT blitzing them away?

I get all that, but this is like showing  up in a forum for fuel injected cars and creating a post promoting the miracles of carburetor cleaner.. 

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

10 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Didn't we all discuss this - not that long ago - about having new members here - and NOT blitzing them away?

This thread is pretty much for comic relief at this point, I hope people would pick up on that if they venture in here.

We have a new sim that is currently getting worked on and updated it would be foolish to start messing with tweaks and config files. 

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

you guys are nuts

pointing links of tweaks for OLD sims?

Not until the author revises it, tests it and change the website title to

MSFS2020 tweaks !

4 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Please, for the love of god, do not try to run this sim using default settings! Aviation simulation is not a game - setup and tweaking is serious business.

This is the guide that I used to set up MSFS.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS!!!

https://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

YOU SKIPPED SOME OF THE STEPS, DIDN’T YOU?? NOW YOU WILL NEED TO GO BACK TO THE START AND BEGIN AGAIN.

This link covers the basic initial setup and tweaking, which should only take a number of hours. After this, you will be ready to test-boot the sim and try out the menus.

As my next post, I will cover mid-level tweaking, which you should complete before embarking on your first MSFS flight. 

Good luck!

My 4k high+ settings was in the low to mid 40s, but at night over LA it would dip pretty hard in fps and micro stutter. Dropped it to 1440p ultra all sliders to the right and its sitting around the 60 fps cap I have it on even over LA. 🙌  I have a feeling people are trying to run it at 4k+ high+/ultra like its a regular game.

Edited by PDillon86

Guys we are living in a whole new universe here in MS2020 land. These two guys missed the point that we are making fun of how Dumb we have been over the years. Probably not a good thing.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Cfg tweaks is the reason why so many people have awful performance. Just wait for the official updates from the team.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR
  • Upvote 2

Has anyone even figured out WHERE the MSFS cfg file is located? Or even if there IS one?

🙂

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

ok, for the record - NickN has updated his bible but it's mainly for setting up your SYSTEM n ot the sim. He doesn't talk about Affinity masks etc - he thinks they're a waste.  So, for a newbie - using the bible to set up the hardware and windows could be a good plus.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Has anyone even figured out WHERE the MSFS cfg file is located? Or even if there IS one?

🙂

Vic

It's under  C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe and localcache I believe.

Edited by DylanC

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

No stop - did I just read this is still a thing.  I quit.  Time to find another hobby...

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals