Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Imagine where MSFS will be in 3 years?

20 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

But I also see XPlane and P3D sat on their butt the last decade, not really pushing the envelope on new technology.  The improvements for both over the last decade have been very marginal and nothing ground breaking.  How shall we say it ... they got complacent

I dont care for P£D but are you serious? ASOBO is a huge team, funded by Microsoft with Millions if not Billions of $$$ behind it. The XPLANE flight model still could not be beaten by all that backing. The basics of Flight simulation and Avionics they could not get right. If I was in charge I would be climbing the walls, With all that power and money we put this out? Avionics barley upgraded from FSX? Are you kidding me? Awful un-useable default airliners, no SDK at launch, Updates that kill pay ware, WOW I would want FAA certification possibility at launch, that's how good it should of been, you know like X-Plane is capable of, they won on one count...Graphics, the easiest thing to do! I really could go on, but I just cant be bothered any more.

LR is 3 or 4 man team... The only people getting complacent are ASOBO and MS, and why wouldn't they when they have people like you totally denying all the facts and ramming the sim down peoples mouths!! There is no need to be negative all the time, but there is also no need to be in complete denial, As MK form Aerosoft said "Graphics Matter" and this seemly comes above the purpose of what it is. 

Edited by a321
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There have been prioritization issues, but hopefully now that they have gotten some of the modders directly involved in the company, they will address some of the oversights.

• Like 2

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

11 minutes ago, a321 said:

they won on one count...Graphics, the easiest thing to do! I really could go on, but I just cant be bothered any more.

Exactly! And because this is the easiest thing to do, LR and P3D never did it. They insist that X-Plane and P3D have to look like word not allowed because it would be too easy to change that.

Honestly, your post was the most bizarre stuff I read in a while.

• Like 4

LM were complacent at what exactly?

They simply grabbed and implemented use of the base FSX engine for the better.

LM never claimed to be dedicated cutting edge flight sim devs.

This community doesn't appreciate anything, I swear!😒

The minute a new shiny sim releases its time to arrogantly turn your nose up and be extra judgmental at what YOU used to enjoy the past decade.

Definitely the most bipolar turncoat genre consumer base in all PC gaming/simming.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

It's not as easy for Xplane or P3D since the round earth model coordinate junk limits their implementation choices and they also do not own any aerial imagery, so it's a lot of modding. Asobo had access to an internal game engine by Microsoft / Turn 10, and help from Microsoft's DirectX team as well.

Xplane or P3D could have used NAIP and the same alpha blending tricks that MSFS uses as you get lower and lower so the alpha channels blend the textures over the aerial imagery. That is something Xplane needs to try, but if they use NAIP it would look more equivalent to the worst parts of MSFS areas rather than the higher quality areas.  Then there is the, maybe Google would let them, but probably not interested.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

5 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

There have been prioritization issues, but hopefully now that they have gotten some of the modders directly involved in the company, they will address some of the oversights.

I sure hope so!

Once aircraft stop bouncing around like a rubber ball on a warm day / kite in a gale, and when I don't need full rudder deflection to stay on the runway in a slight crosswind, I will enjoy MSFS.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

13 hours ago, OSM said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is the Best Flight Simulator ever, with the most advanced Graphics and Physics!!! 😃👍

Beatton River, Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada (56,2989° N, 120,7349° W)

Just love that Porter I can sit and watch this all day

• Like 2

6 hours ago, a321 said:

I dont care for P£D but are you serious? ASOBO is a huge team, funded by Microsoft with Millions if not Billions of $$$ behind it. The XPLANE flight model still could not be beaten by all that backing. The basics of Flight simulation and Avionics they could not get right. If I was in charge I would be climbing the walls, With all that power and money we put this out? Avionics barley upgraded from FSX? Are you kidding me? Awful un-useable default airliners, no SDK at launch, Updates that kill pay ware, WOW I would want FAA certification possibility at launch, that's how good it should of been, you know like X-Plane is capable of, they won on one count...Graphics, the easiest thing to do! I really could go on, but I just cant be bothered any more.

LR is 3 or 4 man team... The only people getting complacent are ASOBO and MS, and why wouldn't they when they have people like you totally denying all the facts and ramming the sim down peoples mouths!! There is no need to be negative all the time, but there is also no need to be in complete denial, As MK form Aerosoft said "Graphics Matter" and this seemly comes above the purpose of what it is. 

If you hate MSFS so much, why are you here in this forum? Maybe you should go to the P3D or X-Plane forum.

You are so bitter and negative about every single aspect of MSFS, I have no idea why you play MSFS in the first place.

What I see is MSFS pulled flight simulation to the 2020s.  X-Plane and P3D would have kept flight simulation a decade behind at their rate of improvement.

Just uninstall MSFS.  You are so negative and bitter about everything about MSFS.  You don’t have single positive thing to say about it.  Go back to P3D and X-Plane.  I’m not sure what you are doing in this forum anyways.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

18 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Right now, in 3 years either in the bin or it has actually become a simulator. Doesn't look good though...

Dude that comment makes no sense. Taxi lights still don't work in FSX to this day so what are you on about?

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

33 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

If you hate MSFS so much, why are you here in this forum? Maybe you should go to the P3D or X-Plane forum.

You are so bitter and negative about every single aspect of MSFS, I have no idea why you play MSFS in the first place.

What I see is MSFS pulled flight simulation to the 2020s.  X-Plane and P3D would have kept flight simulation a decade behind at their rate of improvement.

Just uninstall MSFS.  You are so negative and bitter about everything about MSFS.  You don’t have single positive thing to say about it.  Go back to P3D and X-Plane.  I’m not sure what you are doing in this forum anyways.

It has nothing to do with hate. He is a paying customer that continuesly is disappointed how Asobo/MS is “improving”  MSFS. Like many others.

Like I wrote yesterday before the update : continuesly 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. Not XP nor P3D has ever went through this.  What today works might be broken tomorrow. And might be broken for a long time if ever be fixed....

And as I have said many times : I hope they can pull off what they have claimed and stated , but looking at the past often shows what the future might bring. To me it looks that this is more than they can chew....

Yesterday’s update was a new example of 3 steps forward and 2 steps back.

I wonder what Mathijs is thinking : did they not had the chance to bètatest this update with their CRJ ? ....

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

???

19 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It has nothing to do with hate. He is a paying customer that continuesly is disappointed how Asobo/MS is “improving”  MSFS. Like many others.

Like I wrote yesterday before the update : continuesly 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. Not XP nor P3D has ever went through this.  What today works might be broken tomorrow. And might be broken for a long time if ever be fixed....

And as I have said many times : I hope they can pull off what they have claimed and stated , but looking at the past often shows what the future might bring. To me it looks that this is more than they can chew....

I wonder what Mathijs is thinking : did they not had the chance to bètatest this update with their CRJ ? ....

So what I said was MSFS has brought flight simulation to the 2020s, especially in the areas of graphics and generating 3D terrain from satellite/photogrammetry data streamed to the player's computer for the entire world.  And they did it at the low cost of $60 USD without recurring subscription fees. And that is the comment that a321 responded to.

Do you not deny this is a huge success in itself?  This doesn't mean MSFS is perfect, but it is a very impressive feat by Asobo/Microsoft.  

Some of the other stuff a321 wrote, I'm not going to bother going down that rabbit hole.  For example, the complaint about default planes.  Were the default planes for FSX any good either?  A lot of "default" stuff for FSX was pretty poor too.  But over time, 3rd parties made FSX much better. 

I can tell you that I am happy that I don't have to fork out hundreds to thousands of dollars to make my flight simulator look good.  It's $60 USD with no recurring subscription fees.  And I am also happy that I don't have to download TBs worth of ortho, and also buy a separate hard drive (which costs even more $$$) to store those TBs worth of ortho.  This doesn't mean MSFS is perfect.  But recognize what MSFS has accomplished and it is very impressive.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 hours ago, airservices said:

Just love that Porter I can sit and watch this all day

Sir, one day you will FLY ALL DAY!!!😀👍✌️

Edited by OSM

Gee whiz...I am almost embarrassed to post this, but since todays update my potato rig has been running MSFS better than ever.   30fps & smooth as a baby's bottom. Downloads and installation no problem.

So yeah, I'm sorry , I have no angst or vitriol to add to this conversation so I'll go back to flying and enjoying.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So what I said was MSFS has brought flight simulation to the 2020s, especially in the areas of graphics and generating 3D terrain from satellite/photogrammetry data streamed to the player's computer for the entire world.  And they did it at the low cost of $60 USD without recurring subscription fees.

Do you not deny this is a huge success in itself?  This doesn't mean MSFS is perfect, but it is a very impressive feat by Asobo/Microsoft.  

Some of the other stuff a321 wrote, I'm not going to bother going down that rabbit hole.  For example, the complaint about default planes.  Were the default planes for FSX any good either?  A lot of "default" stuff for FSX was pretty poor too.  But over time, 3rd parties made FSX much better. 

I can tell you that I am happy that I don't have to fork out hundreds to thousands of dollars to make my flight simulator look good.  It's $60 USD with no recurring subscription fees.  And I am also happy that I don't have to download TBs worth of ortho, and also buy a separate hard drive (which costs even more $$$) to store those TBs worth of ortho.  This doesn't mean MSFS is perfect.  But recognize what MSFS has accomplished and it is very impressive.

That you are happy should only count to you. If you only use the default ac it might be good enough.

If you take a look at the MSFS forum where this update is being discussed than you will see many opposite opinions.

The succes is primairy because of the huge marketing campaign. Great looking vids and Q&A’s etc. 

And many of the eyecandy likers where all about systems in XP/P3D and PR scenery was not that important....

Just give me a solid base with all default aircraft working and then start expanding.,,

This latest patch has been tested by 300 betatesters and no one noticed the WASM issue ..?!?!?

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0