Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Imagine where MSFS will be in 3 years?

3 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Right now, in 3 years either in the bin or it has actually become a simulator. Doesn't look good though...

The sim is already way ahead of p3d and XP despite its short comings. You think Asobo is going to keep updating the game to get worse or better? My money is on it getting better and once the big devs start releasing their payware study level planes, those other sims will be a thing of the past. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ADamiani said:

I bought it after trying the XBOX pass version because I liked what I saw. THAT is what I bought. Then they started destroying it.

Isn't it funny? You test drive a new product, you like it, so you buy it. Then the producer starts adding bugs, for no apparent reason.

And please do not divert: I am not asking for something to my linking. I just want the product that I tested and was advertised by the producer.

That's all.

A.

How exactly have they destroyed it? Some of you guys are funny as heck. A few bugs and people are still flying. Obviously they are not show stoppers, because it they were nobody would be flying even you and I know you are still flying msfs because you wouldn't be in here if you weren't. I don't use XP or p3d any more but you don't see me in their forums saying how the devs are not fixing weather, performance, atc etc. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

.. and once the big devs start releasing their payware study level planes, those other sims will be a thing of the past. 

Probably this is already the case.. 

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

How exactly have they destroyed it? Some of you guys are funny as heck. A few bugs and people are still flying. Obviously they are not show stoppers, because it they were nobody would be flying even you and I know you are still flying msfs because you wouldn't be in here if you weren't. I don't use XP or p3d any more but you don't see me in their forums saying how the devs are not fixing weather, performance, atc etc. 

Some people are digital in the crudest sense of the word. There is only 1 or 0. And everything that is not exactly 1 is 0 to them. 🙂

When we had this annoying fps loss and microstutter bug, some people cried "Everything is a slideshow! Broken!" When I pointed out that I fly every day, mostly without any slideshow, one guy told me "Yes, I can find places to fly too! But that is not the point! It is broken! You are an undercover agent of Asobo!"

Had a wonderful flight from EGGW to EGGP with the CRJ right now (I fly this route a lot, somehow the LPL approach to Rwy 27 is nice). No stutters, wonderful scenery, great clouds and some wind. But of course "they" destroyed it. 🙂

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, devgrp said:

The sim is already way ahead of p3d and XP despite its short comings. You think Asobo is going to keep updating the game to get worse or better? My money is on it getting better and once the big devs start releasing their payware study level planes, those other sims will be a thing of the past. 

Many were even more positive than you are. But up to now it has been 3 steps forward and 2 steps back.

Continuesly the attention to newer scenery, but I prefer a solid base first. The 787 is still not the ac it should have been. Probably not important enough. And you had to pay extra for the De Luxe version to get it. The 747 also has it flaws. 

The SDK/Simconnect is still too simple and most SDK features still are not implemented.

All eyecandy and fancy menus are nice but give me a solid base first,...

I am hoping for the best but at this point I say : seeing before beleaving... 🧐

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Many were even more positive than you are. But up to now it has been 3 steps forward and 2 steps back.

Continuesly the attention to newer scenery, but I prefer a solid base first. The 787 is still not the ac it should have been. Probably not important enough. And you had to pay extra for the De Luxe version to get it. The 747 also has it flaws. 

The SDK/Simconnect is still too simple and most SDK features still are not implemented.

All eyecandy and fancy menus are nice but give me a solid base first,...

I am hoping for the best but at this point I say : seeing before beleaving... 🧐

Thats your opinion, we dont share the same. While you fiddle and complain about your home pit not working, I and lots of others are enjoying the sim regardless of its shortcomings. Aerosoft released their crj and as far as I can tell the sdk didnt stop them from developing a pretty good semi-study level plane. I expect more big devs like pmdg, majestic, a2a and more to follow suit.

For the record this is already a solid base. If you guys cant enjoy the sim while waiting for addtional fixes, why stress yourselves out with msfs? That just seems like punishment to me. If something frustrates you and you keep doing it, then obviously you like the sim or you just like punishing yourself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crimplene said:

Had a wonderful flight from EGGW to EGGP with the CRJ right now (I fly this route a lot, somehow the LPL approach to Rwy 27 is nice). No stutters, wonderful scenery, great clouds and some wind. But of course "they" destroyed it. 🙂

I find it laughable.  Everyone here should by now fully understand this is a gargantuan work in progress, porting to console and PC and at some point DX-12, and it is already light years ahead of the ancient other two major sims.  P3D is now 11 years post first release, and 98% of its first release was FSX repackaged w/ very tiny modifications, though for its time it was sufficient to tease over some.  Today, now a good SIXTEEN YEARS of development later you still have paint-by-numbers land class based garbage to fly over, are just starting to get decent volumetric cloud coverage, and most all airports are still stuck back in 2007 quality until you purchase someone's handiwork.   

I just did a fabulously smooth flight out of Port Angeles WA over the Puget Sound islands to Power River BC, and here is the rural airport no one hardly will fly to.  You would have paid $25 for this little nothing not long ago, but now they're virtually everywhere, and summarily dismissed by the whiners about the state of MSFS today.  Enjoy the comparison airport from P3D below and note the GPU impact in P3D:

CYPW-1.png

CYPW-P3D.png

Actually this airport isn't half bad compared to so many, especially the bigger terminals where buildings are absolute garbage in the default versions in P3D.  This is part of ORBX' PNW or a general airport upgrade from them.  

• Like 4

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

First of all you should avoid giving adjectives like "funny" to people you know nothing about. I hope mods will take action about this, as they have in the recent past.

I have not launched MSFS since last Wednesday. I have had just three or four spare hours in these 6 days and I have flown PSX. Unfortunately I was unable to use MSFS as scenery generator for it, because a new bug appeared out of nowhere, and I have no time to spend debugging someone else's code or finding workarounds.

If you don't plan to use P3D or XP I find it logical that you don't write in those forums.

I write in this Forum because I would really like to use the software I paid for. Do I need your permission?

A.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

First of all you should avoid giving adjectives like "funny" to people you know nothing about. I hope mods will take action about this, as they have in the recent past.

I have not launched MSFS since last Wednesday. I have had just three or four spare hours in these 6 days and I have flown PSX. Unfortunately I was unable to use MSFS as scenery generator for it, because a new bug appeared out of nowhere, and I have no time to spend debugging someone else's code or finding workarounds.

If you don't plan to use P3D or XP I find it logical that you don't write in those forums.

I write in this Forum because I would really like to use the software I paid for. Do I need your permission?

A.

You're funny bro Lmao. If all you're doing is complaining might as well go do it at the official forum where they'll actually see. All the whining and complaining won't accomplish anything over here except showing who the drama queens are. Go do a flight, life is too short lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

Thats your opinion, we dont share the same. While you fiddle and complain about your home pit not working, I and lots of others are enjoying the sim regardless of its shortcomings. Aerosoft released their crj and as far as I can tell the sdk didnt stop them from developing a pretty good semi-study level plane. I expect more big devs like pmdg, majestic, a2a and more to follow suit.

For the record this is already a solid base. If you guys cant enjoy the sim while waiting for addtional fixes, why stress yourselves out with msfs? That just seems like punishment to me. If something frustrates you and you keep doing it, then obviously you like the sim or you just like punishing yourself. 

The CRJ is nice but you cannot compare it to PMDG or FsLabs level regarding systems.

No, this is not yet a solid base. Just read this forum and the official MSFS forum. It has to many issues for to many people. One day it will work and the next day it won’t.

How it will turn out we will have to wait for and see how it will develop. It is too soon to say that it will succeed and too soon that it will not succeed. 

If you are satisfied that is all that should count to you 👍

• Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

But up to now it has been 3 steps forward and 2 steps back.

So it's still moving forward by my calculation--for every 3 steps (and these are in the arena of world scenery updates, improvements to cloud rendering, and various small improvements in the various planes offered) we actually move forward a net 1 step.  I think that's bogus--it's more like 3 steps are made forward, and a few issues crop up that really have been relatively minor save the recent strange issue w/ sudden performance drops which have been largely resolved now.  So I'll go for every 3 steps forward, we get 0.5 steps backwards in the form of new issue to resolve.  I think their pace of development is nothing short of spectacular and inspiring especially in contrast with P3D, now 11 years into LM's hands, and years and years before that in MS' hands.

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Sorry, no time anymore to respond.

Benelux + France is out 

It will be bought by Lockheed Martin and is named Prepar3d V8 

Edited by rob0203

5 hours ago, Noel said:

I find it laughable.  Everyone here should by now fully understand this is a gargantuan work in progress, porting to console and PC and at some point DX-12, and it is already light years ahead of the ancient other two major sims. 

I find truth to both sides of the disagreement and do not consider either side laughable. When you think in terms of visuals, yes it's great, they also started with an amazing game engine OOTB. They have done a lot of things right and some things wrong, it just depends if you are heavier on wanting IFR type accurate simulation stuff or are more there for VFR stuff. Also, at least with a Joystick and no rudders, I still find it twitchy regardless of how many different settings I try, no idea if I had real flight controls (maybe a different feel).

I am impressed overall and glad that the last update somewhat addressed the performance issue, at least in some places for many people. I think the servers get slow sometimes though to some providers, there is something with that too that seems on server side more than game. 

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

4 hours ago, devgrp said:

You're funny bro Lmao. If all you're doing is complaining might as well go do it at the official forum where they'll actually see. All the whining and complaining won't accomplish anything over here except showing who the drama queens are. Go do a flight, life is too short lol

@devgrp, stop being so aggressive with your replies. As a paying customer ADamiani is perfectly entitled to complain in this forum if he wishes to. It allows others to discuss the problem which may affect lots of people or maybe just his.

If you can’t engage in a helpful way I suggest you refrain from posting since your replies aren’t helping. In fact they’re having the opposite effect.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather