Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Back to Xp11 :-)

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Give them 17 beta's, 10 release candidates and it's still buggy as h3ll, with no new features and runs like a dog, bottle necked on one CPU thread [xp11]

It's only on RC1.  There has never been 10 RC's.  And an RC is, by all intents and purposes, final.  But hang in there.  Asobo will release 1 update...hopefully...sometime within the next few months.

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

He has a guy in Europe (somewhere) working on "ultimate" scenery for XP.  Complete and utter joke. He's too busy working on side projects and been out of the loop. He doesn't understand photo real scenery, photogrammetry, the tech, how advanced it is and how far (decades) that XP now finds itself.  Nobody is slower at getting around to improving things, or fixing bugs than these guys.

Wasn't the last MSFS title back in 2006?  🙂

"But the weather and scenery is much better than X-Plane"

Didn't take long for the toxicity to rear it's ugly head, yet again.   

You might want to read this before making any further posts.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Excellent post by Janov in 

here

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, Janov said:

I have no doubt that the majority of flightsim users fall into the second category. I am thankful to LR for NOT jumping on the bandwagon of least resistance and maximum income. Not everything in life is about making the most money, I think it is about doing something right.

Jan

I thought that was an excellent post by Jan. Let's stop the fighting. Its good to have more than one option. No one knows the future. If one title stops in 5 years we will all be raving and jumping on the other one. There are not many flight sim options out there compared with other game or sim type options. We need them all to do well and then go with the one who meets your needs. That could change as time passes but you will be glad to have a choice!

Edited by sanh
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I asked Austin about 3D trees and windshield rain?  "They are. I'm already looking at the imagery in internal pre-alpha tech-demos." I wonder what he means by 'imagery'?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

On 8/24/2020 at 11:27 AM, mSparks said:

give a man a fish

give them the tools to fish...

aka

msfs 

v

xp11

still think anyone waiting for underpaid overworked 3rd party devs to do what "unlimited budget" Asobo/Microsoft failed to deliver should just keep holding their breath (or maybe just start)

XP is more like give a man a fishing "rod" only, and tell him he will have a great fishing experience.

He then realizes that the rod isn't enough and has to go out to get the reel, the line, the bait and the hook from other vendors to actually have that great experience.

MSFS is more like that fishing complete package for one price, and a beautiful looking sky and water to enjoy that experience.

• Like 1

Just now, FlyBaby said:

MSFS is more like that fishing complete package for one price, and a beautiful looking sky and water to enjoy that experience.

...and all of that equipment (and the fish and the river!) look just awesome!

It´s just too bad that the fishing pole doesn´t work, bait that will actually attract the fish needs to be supplied (over the next 10 years) by some "other" company, and the fish doesn´t taste like it was promised beforehand when the guy bought all that junk 😆

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Janov said:

I think it is important to realize for everyone that the scenery in XP12 will not be looking as good as MSFS´ scenery when you are doing VFR sightseeing. Just to curb some expectations here. It will look a lot better, but it won´t be photorealistic and a copy of the  real world, like MSFS in photogrammetry areas.

XP12, when i that release date (not cycles of betas) and features list?

I believe it will have a much better lighting engine (look more realistic) and it will have an improved weather system (maybe even on par with MSFS).

I

Are you referring to the stock lighting that "lights" up in square / grids as you fly by??? Oh, wait...is there another addon for that now?

X-Plane will be the simulator for people that enjoy the realistic operation of aircraft.

Is that default aircraft or payware???  And what about the sky that aircraft files in...is that realistic in XP11???

I have no doubt that the majority of flightsim users fall into the second category. I am thankful to LR for NOT jumping on the bandwagon of least resistance and maximum income. Not everything in life is about making the most money, I think it is about doing something right.

LR did nothing for years but make money...with little improvements over time. Jumped over to the mobile market where they make the most money, diverting resources from the desktop app.

Austin bragged about not spending any money in market research....MSFS obviously did spend money on research, creating the sim, and advertisement...for a $119 product that XP users will have to spend 10X or more $$$ in addons to still fall short of MSFS offers stock.

"...doing something right"...you obviously can't see it when it is staring you the face...for $119. Ok, come back in 3 years when XP finally gets around to XP11.2, I mean XP12.

I really don't know about details regarding XP12, and I do acknowledge that regarding the components that interest me the most, Flight dynamics, Systems modelling and Weather, X-Plane has progressed slower than I would like it to, but, if you care to give a look at the links I posted at another thread here on the X-Plane General Discussions Forum I am sure you'll recognize how much detail can be put into the design of an aircraft model in the sim, using only the default tools.

Austin is at it, long before MFS was announced, with the "Experimental" flight model, and in those videos he mentions aspects of the tools that are going to be updated, while other added to make it all even more feature complete, towards an even better simulation of the way a given aircraft model can behave.

It's a rather dynamic simulator platform imh, and if we see how much time MS FS has taken to evolve from fsx to MFS ( not counting my preferred ever version, which is still MS FLIGHT ), you'll have to agree that X-Plane, with a lot less resources than the old Aces Studios and now ASOBO has progressed a lot more.

Above all I see MFS as yet another great flight  simulation, that together with X-Plane, and, why not, Aerofly FS 2, and the Combat Flight Simulators of reference can ALL enrich our experience as simmers.

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Sad 8ers. Why still here? I've never seen as much toxicity as in the MFS forum nowadays. Please keep your toxicity there, thank you.

• Like 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, FlyBaby said:

XP is more like give a man a fishing "rod" only, and tell him he will have a great fishing experience.

He then realizes that the rod isn't enough and has to go out to get the reel, the line, the bait and the hook from other vendors to actually have that great experience.

Yes it's only the basic rod.  For all the other stuff, you need to install the extra's from 3rd parties.

But when you call support and say the rod has issues, not catching any fish, they will literally blame you and the addons you installed in the first place.

47 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

LR did nothing for years but make money...with little improvements over time. Jumped over to the mobile market where they make the most money, diverting resources from the desktop app.

Note to other people: if you don't want to be an embarrassment to yourself, avoid stating factually incorrect things that are the opposite of truth. Mobile market actually _brought_ resources for the development of desktop version.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Mobile and desktop code are almost the same, according to a comment by ben supnik a while ago.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Mobile and desktop code are almost the same, according to a comment by ben supnik a while ago.

Resources = $$$ ==> Investment in platform development...

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

45 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Yes it's only the basic rod.  For all the other stuff, you need to install the extra's from 3rd parties.

But when you call support and say the rod has issues, not catching any fish, they will literally blame you and the addons you installed in the first place.

That is what many folk overlook, the extra's that often result in conflicts and more performance issues.

Vulkan still has issues....and there has been no major advances on the level of MSFS.

Again, the same argument developing from the same users.  Congratulations to getting another thread locked. 

• Upvote 1