Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Update coming

They have to make a way for the updates to be smaller in size and also, to do updates without affecting user mods, meaning you should not have to move your mods to a separate folder and reinstall them each time.

Greazer.

10 minutes ago, Greazer said:

They have to make a way for the updates to be smaller in size and also, to do updates without affecting user mods, meaning you should not have to move your mods to a separate folder and reinstall them each time.

Greazer.

Who said that any of this is the case? Community folder stands separate from Ofiicial.

Edited by Evros
  • Like 1

Pure clickbait and misleading info!

The only info we presently have with 100% certainty is that Microsoft will on 27 August 2020 inform everyone of the date they plan to release the MSFS patch on.

Yeah the video is garbage, but why is content menu already showing that restart for update thing? Obviously, no update is being delivered upon restart.

Edited by Evros
  • Like 1

So, will I receive an email from Microsoft tomorrow or how to get it? 

If it's Microsoft store than I'm screwed again... 

2 minutes ago, Rene777 said:

So, will I receive an email from Microsoft tomorrow or how to get it? 

If it's Microsoft store than I'm screwed again... 

How to get it? It will be in game, that's why it checks for updates every time you load up.

1 hour ago, EmaRacing said:

I don't think it's 79 gb of download, that's just the size of the core files of the game.

yes you are right, 79 is the actual size on disk....

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

28 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

How to get it? It will be in game, that's why it checks for updates every time you load up.

But that is my point. I still can not come in the game... 

Click bait/sales pitch for Russian stuff. Meh.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Please delete that video. By having it on the forum, all you are doing is helping a fraudster monetise his YouTube channel.

• Upvote 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hello all,

Regardless, of whether or not, this is garbage or fact, it raises a point for me, and probably for a lot of others too.

I spent an appreciable amount of time, with incredible help from the community, sorting and mapping out my controller and keyboard functions. I have to say that sorting this out was the prime reason for my 360 degree turnaround in attitude towards this sim.  I went from wondering why I spent the money on something that simply did not work properly to an absolute believer and, I hope, one of very many, who are now enjoying the heck out of this.  It all came down to not understanding what the basics were all about, and I have commented on this before on this forum.  This is a brilliant sim. I am now. however, waffling and will now get to the point of my response.

Will this update (or future update) effect all that work setting up by defaulting all the controls. I am significantly nervous because of the alleged "mandatory" CORE update, because I really do not want to go through that hassle again. Having said that, It would be nice if they actually fixed that interface.  The most baffling aspect was finding that many keys, buttons or axis functions were allocated to up to four different functions.  It was really no wonder why I had so many problems. I am still finding a key that will give me a particular view when pressed. When pressed again, it goes to another view and another press defaults back to the view I started with. I just found that late last night and will fix it today.

Luckily, for me, I had zero problems with the original download, (other than time)  but I really feel for the people who struggled initially, and others who are still struggling. Obviously, there are still some problems there which I hope will be fixed by this (????) update or subsequently with a "real/genuine" update regardless of size.

So whatever happens today or tomorrow, I just hope it goes smoothly for us all as I really, really, want to continue enjoying this fantastic sim. I am still going backwards and forwards (every day  ..... the one big advantage of being a pensioner) to P3D (still installing and modifying recently bought v5) and to Xplane which are both fully functional or close to it LOL and despite the absolute goodness of MSFS, still extremely enjoyable.  I have sent an email to the governing body above to ask for a few more hours in the day LOL

I do not suppose anyone has any concrete information about the upcoming update but sharing a few thoughts on this aspect would be welcome.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.