Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Is this a joke?

12 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

What does it say if you actually read it?

Sounds like you're new to 2020!

Hot-take and strop come first, we all know that.

You answered your own question.

It is a joke.

And the punchline comes from the people saying "it's ok they know what's wrong" 

Doubt Asobo will fix issues such as flight model and stutters anytime soon, if ever. 

Edited by maniamcool
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tinribs said:

Rene. Do you have all the Windows 10 XBox gubbins installed (that most of us uninstalled after installing 10 thinking we don't need any console Apps on our PCs}?

If so, you need to install it.

If you do have the X-Box App installed, go here and install the Beta (this sorted me out).

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10

o/c of the installation, try running the MF20 Installer again.

Hi Tinribs,

Yes, I installed all the xbox junk because that seems to be necesary...

Unplug joystick, disarm firewall, unplug audio device...all that doesn't make a difference...

But, how and where will we hear/ read if the update is there, I mean, was ment for today , right ?

1 hour ago, W2DR said:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/known-issues/

Is that really the complete list of all the things they consider "known issues"?

If you had mustered all of your perseverance to make the arduous trek all the way to the end of the headline, you would have understood it’s only the TOP issues. Going the extra mile to the very first sentence, you would have found a clear signal that there are many other issues flagged.

Unfortunately for the flightsimming community, you chose not to, and so we find ourselves labouring once more through unwarranted hysterics, ever closer to death, but ever further from meaningful contributions.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

33 minutes ago, maniamcool said:

You answered your own question.

It is a joke.

And the punchline comes from the people saying "it's ok they know what's wrong" 

Doubt Asobo will fix issues such as flight model and stutters anytime soon, if ever. 

You sound like you enjoyed writing this . If they had come this far Im one of the few with positive thinking that knows things will probably take time . But (taking time ) its a joke to others ..... Im sure they know whats up . And that lost says . last updated AUG 18 . By know i sure the h ll know they probably added a few other things.

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I think a lot of people have way too high expectations for this coming patch, and are going to feel let down......

I predict we will have a flood of "Patch is out still having this issue" topics.  But like others said the biggest fixes will be the installer issues and other issues that completely stop the program from running in some form or another.  Then they just prioritize from there based on whatever metrics they are collecting I would imagine.

46 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Always when I hear "Captain Sim" I am remembering that day in 2008, when I had achieved solid 30FPS in FSX. Then I bought the Captain Sim 757, loaded it up, and in the VC, I was greeted by 12FPS.

😄

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Nope, this is a joke:

A truck carrying 1,500 copies of Roget's Thesaurus was driving through Manchester City Centre this morning, when the driver lost control; the truck skidded and overturned, shedding its load.

Witnesses were stunned, startled, aghast, agape, nonplussed, taken aback, stupefied, confused, punchy, shocked, rattled, paralyzed, dazed, bewildered, mixed up, surprised, awed, dumbfounded, flabbergasted, astounded, amazed, confounded, astonished, boggled,  overwhelmed, horrified, numbed, and perplexed.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I think a lot of people have way too high expectations for this coming patch, and are going to feel let down......

I believe people had WAY to high expectations for the initial release, period!

55 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Always when I hear "Captain Sim" I am remembering that day in 2008, when I had achieved solid 30FPS in FSX. Then I bought the Captain Sim 757, loaded it up, and in the VC, I was greeted by 12FPS.

I pulled my hair out back the time . I used to want to enjoy this when was released but like you said the thing was a nightmare. Here os and old video i made . 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

They should add perhaps one more point to their list (just posting it for the sake of fun, physics should be top priority):

Offline scenery and/or low settings:

There were many legit sources that showed some brillant graphics in low settings like this one:

Guru3D

Yesterday I discovered some fan made videos, the low settings and/or offline scenery does really look horrible and somehow reminds me on - back to the roots of FSX.  

The links:

YouTube01

YouTube02

I know the workarounds on this, caching online scenery, or just flying online, but still word not allowed it...

low-official-vs-site.png

offline-02.png

offline-01.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rene777 said:

Hi Tinribs,

Yes, I installed all the xbox junk because that seems to be necesary...

Unplug joystick, disarm firewall, unplug audio device...all that doesn't make a difference...

But, how and where will we hear/ read if the update is there, I mean, was ment for today , right ?

Understood. I was having the very same problems you are experiencing. Someone suggested that BETA that I linked to, and after that I got past the "Press Any Key" screen and the install kicked off.

Also (hope one isn't teaching you to suck eggs) but right click the installer icon and "Run As Admin".

Edited by Tinribs
Added the Admin bit

I have said it before in these forums, the first patch, IMO, is a start of the many fixes to come. I really believe that, in the meantime, we have a platform which is eminently playable and enjoyable.  Quite a few issues, I know, but please be patient.  It will all happen in the near future, and please bear in mind just how long it took FSX and Xplane to get to the stage of development that they currently enjoy. MSFS is STARTING at a point which in many ways, is better than both those platforms after 10 years of development.

Aircraft are all default, but better than any previous default aircraft. No excellent sceneries, but these will surely come. No utilities, but again, these will surely come. I would have thought that a basic or detailed manual would be the head of the listed priorities and that would alleviate a lot of perceived problems. Sadly, it does not appear to be mentioned anywhere.

Personally, I have a sim, I am happy with, knowing that 3PDs will improve the hell out of the "basics" we already have, and I surely look forward to all of the addons to come.  My wallet probably does not and my wife definitely does not. 

Just settle down, relax and enjoy what we already have. It can only get better.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.