Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 27th, 2020 - Development Update

9 hours ago, MatthewS said:

It's been 3 years in dev and if you believe some let's say up till now 200+ full time developers (at $50K / year), that's at least $10M a year (so $30M in total)... Rather a large budget I'd say.

Thinking that a full-time developer would get paid just 50k a year, or that 30m is a big budget for a modern game, says a lot about how informed your opinion is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, L3m0n said:

Thinking that a full-time developer would get paid just 50k a year, or that 30m is a big budget for a modern game, says a lot about how informed your opinion is.

So lets say $100k/year, now it's cost $60m. Or if you prefer lets go for $150k/year, now it's $90m.

And you think there's still 200+ full time developers working on MSFS 🤪

Matthew S

2 hours ago, MatthewS said:

And you think there's still 200+ full time developers working on MSFS 🤪

Show me where I made that claim.

1 hour ago, L3m0n said:

Show me where I made that claim.

I guess, jumping in, you don't understand the context of my comments 🤷‍♂️

So we are agreed then, there's not 200+ full time developers (and thousands of part time developers) on the MSFS payroll. 👍

Matthew S

A team size of 200 doesn't mean they're all developers. There are a lot more things involved...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

I also work for an ungodly huge technology company.  200 people isn’t even really that big of a team...

20 hours ago, MatthewS said:

So we are agreed then, there's not 200+ full time developers (and thousands of part time developers) on the MSFS payroll.

No one has ever made a claim that all were "on the MS payroll, that is something you've "assumed".

Many well-known FS developers were invited to visit Asobo's studios over the pre-pandemic months in 2019. Quite frankly I'm much more inclined to trust my team mates who made the trip to visit in person than some random stranger on the internet.

• Like 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

No one has ever made a claim that all were "on the MS payroll, that is something you've "assumed".

🙄

Matthew S

It's 09.03.20 and no update... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Dillon said:

It's 09.03.20 and no update... 

It's only a little after 3pm where MS is at.

Eric 

Before update I was getting 60 fps with only the occasional stutter and limited by gpu coming on, Now I have limited by main thread and fps of 20 with lots of stutters. Any help would be great. Thanks 

i7 9700 k , gtx 1080 32mb ram

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

On 9/2/2020 at 4:48 PM, Slides said:

You probably need 10 people just to set up a meeting with Microsoft

Yup, and what a lot of people fail to realise is that in a lot of creative media roles, you don't tend to walk into a job and stay there for years, there's lots of temporary contract stuff and freelancing going on. I know, I did that for years.

Sometimes you can be in for as little as one day, a bit like the cavalry to the rescue, other times you are there for ages. If you're good and they like you, you get called back frequently when they need someone, so it becomes a bit like a permanent gig on a fairly regular basis. These roles are not typically advertised at all - they know you and have your number - so the fact that they've got some adverts for jobs is no indication of a limit on how many people they are actually taking on and using.

Because if this, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to find there were waaay more than 200 people working on it, although not necessarily all the time day in and day out.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

One thing I think is important to remember is that some people have direct communication with Asobo , some of the 3rd  party devs. so maybe add them into the mix as far as people " working on Sim stuff " 

Also Asobo has increased their hiring from 10 to now needing over 27 positions filled. Just with-in the past 2 weeks. The teams are not getting smaller but larger. 

• Like 1