Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 27th, 2020 - Development Update

22 hours ago, MatthewS said:

There's no way they have 200 people working full time on MSFS (I very much doubt they ever did anyway)....  I reckon there's no more than 10 to 20 people working on MSFS full time now.

What do you base this on? Actual knowledge or the usual 'patch is taking too long so nobody is working on it now' that I see elsewhere?

Over the past 12 weeks they have been consistently advertising for jobs to work directly on MFS. Just today they have added another 5 positions dedicated to MFS. Yet you think there are only 10 to 20 working on it altogether?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MatthewS said:

There's no way they have 200 people working full time on MSFS (I very much doubt they ever did anyway)....  I reckon there's no more than 10 to 20 people working on MSFS full time now.

The head honcho -- Jorge Neuman -- just stated a few days ago that they had > 200 full-time people + several thousands of others as part-time developers and consultants. 

Have you ever bothered to read the Credits? It takes several minutes to scroll through the complete list of people involved.

• Like 7

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 minutes ago, n4gix said:

The head honcho -- Jorge Neuman -- just stated a few days ago that they had > 200 full-time people + several thousands of others as part-time developers and consultants. 

Have you ever bothered to read the Credits? It takes several minutes to scroll through the complete list of people involved.

I was going to mention the credits in my above post as well because I did see this mentioned elsewhere last week somewhere in a Youtube convo. Apparently credits should be ignored because they just stick a load of random names in, not people who work on the software. 😁

You just can't convince these people otherwise, they know best.

Edited by DPSimulation
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

You just can't convince these people otherwise, they know best.

It's called "gaslighting". It's generally fairly easy to figure out where some people get their facts; they pull them out of their arse, which can be rather explosive!

• Like 9

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 minutes ago, n4gix said:

It's called "gaslighting". It's generally fairly easy to figure out where some people get their facts; they pull them out of their word not allowed, which can be rather explosive!

It just seems the way nowadays, people make word not allowed up that cannot be backed up with facts, sad.  It's almost like asking a kid why and the answer is because.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

I'm talking about Asobo.

Matthew S

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

It's called "gaslighting". It's generally fairly easy to figure out where some people get their facts; they pull them out of their word not allowed, which can be rather explosive!

You can't believe anything these "CEO" or "VP" or "marketing" types say.

I would say he's pulling "facts" out of his word not allowed. 🙊

200+ full time developers plus thousands of part time developers/consultants still working on MSFS? Absolute rubbish. 🙄

I'll believe it when I see the evidence. 🤷‍♂️

edit: All IMHO ofc and I understand some of us still believe in the tooth 🧚‍♀️

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

5 hours ago, MatthewS said:

I'm talking about Asobo.

Yeah, about a 100 of them are from Asobo. Next

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Yeah, I called up old Bill G and he said he doesn't want to share the contractors list with you.

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

You can't believe anything these "CEO" or "VP" or "marketing" types say.

I would say he's pulling "facts" out of his word not allowed. 🙊

200+ full time developers plus thousands of part time developers/consultants still working on MSFS? Absolute rubbish. 🙄

edit: All IMHO ofc and I understand some of us still believe in the tooth 🧚‍♀️

To be perfectly blunt, whether what the CEO types say is completely truthful is one thing, but at least that CEO actually knows the truth.  you, sir, have no idea.  you are guessing and supposing.  so why on earth would your "opinion" matter for anything?  I trust CEO's and marketing types to speak the truth when it suits them, which at least is something.  I count on random internet posters who are in no position to even know the truth, not at all. 

which isn't to say that there isn't the tiniest ghost of a chance that you might be ultimately correct, but there is zero reason to assume that you are, and if you are it is only by sheer accident.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

You guys really believe there are 200+ full time developers plus thousands of part time developers, all on the MS payroll, working on this game. 🤪

Psst, I know of this bridge, in Brooklyn, for sale... 🤣

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

For myself, I did not say who or what I believe, just who I do not.

Edited by ShawnG

4 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

For myself, I did not say who or what I believe, just who I do not.

Yeah, fences are comfortable.

Matthew S

The fence, coincidentally enough, is generally free of bull droppings, whereas the field on either side of the fence is generally prime area to wallow in it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShawnG said:

either side of the fence is generally prime area to wallow in it

I'm glad we agree it can be either side.

Matthew S