Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Start up experience

Hopefully they sort this out... Developing for the sim where you have to restart several times (even with fast-mode and in-game tools) becomes very very tiring quickly. I'd love to just open the sim and it takes me straight to an airport with an aircraft selected automatically like P3D does.

• Like 5

Well, yeah, same here, and this is a problem, why?

By the time the sim loads on my crappy machine and I'm ready to fly, I got my dishes done and the laundry folded. 

• Upvote 1

Of all the recent games/sims I've owned this one does clearly take the longest to get to the main menu. I've disabled the logos and on my M.2 SSD it does load reasonably quickly but still too long, hopefully it's something they can tweak in the future but it's not a major issue for me.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I remember having FSX setup up to skip the main menu completely and directly load into my plane in a cold and dark (or whatever state you like) with live weather injected. I used to plan my flights from there...

would be nice to have such an option in MSFS too.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

For me the startup time is not that bad, but I wonder why we need to "Press any key".

When I click on the icon on my desktop, I do so because I want to use the simulator.

Asking me to "Press any key" makes no sense, since there aren´t any options to back out at that point.

• Like 3

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Now that I've got things working (mostly), I still wonder about the start up of the sim.

Do you have the same experience?

1. 30 secs of "nothing".. no reaction to indicate that I was successful in starting the program

2. 10 secs of black screen with grey surround

3. Flashy corporate logos

4. Pretty picture with "PRESS ANY KEY"

5. Pretty picture with blue bar

6. Grey surround with "WELCOME, SET YOUR EXPERIENCE"

7. New pretty picture with blue bar.. which takes a long time..

8. Sim welcome screen

Bizarre sequence IMHO.. Am I the only one?

Totally agree....specially with the first point, so frustrating !!!

Press any key...

'Yeah, I already did that when I clicked on the shortcut icon which I specifically attached to my task bar for that purpose.'

Okay-dokey then, I'll start up the music you turned off in the audio options, shall I?

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I complained about this on day of release right before I removed it.

Today I just see it as part of the process.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Here is a fix for that, which was available right after the title released:

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Wasn't the startup already a "significantly improved" item planned for release in the next patch?

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Now that I've got things working (mostly), I still wonder about the start up of the sim.

Do you have the same experience?

1. 30 secs of "nothing".. no reaction to indicate that I was successful in starting the program

2. 10 secs of black screen with grey surround

4. Pretty picture with "PRESS ANY KEY"

5. Pretty picture with blue bar

6. Grey surround with "WELCOME, SET YOUR EXPERIENCE"

7. New pretty picture with blue bar.. which takes a long time..

8. Sim welcome screen

Bizarre sequence IMHO.. Am I the only one?

I don't get number 3 as I use the custom start but yer its a ZZzzz Bert.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

30 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Lets hope that Asobo is reading this...

On the MSFS site, members on that site are able to vote on fixes and bugs, which give Asobo an idea of user's priorities. Asobo has stated that they do look at Avsim, but it might be good for some Avsim members to go to the MSFS site and look at the bugs and how they rank, as well as vote for the bugs that they think are important. This is a great way for people to communicate with Asobo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

42 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Wasn't the startup already a "significantly improved" item planned for release in the next patch?

That would be nice, indeed 🙂

Bert

Has anyone screamed in frustration and asked where the "Any Key" was on their keyboard? 😅

• Like 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator