Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Big Tire Productions Kitfox in Microsoft Flight Sim

Abruptly showed up in the marketplace.

Hi!

Not much info at all. https://www.thresholdx.net/news/btpmfs

Found this, but I speak no Spanish, so.......

EDIT: The google translated comments on the video tell a tale of woe.

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, Unlikely Spider said:

Man, another Cub-like with a glass cockpit. Not exactly what we need more of in this sim.

Agree.... Would love to fly a piper with glasscockpit.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Looks like a rush job, I don't think even Carenado would release that 🤣

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Unlikely Spider said:

Man, another Cub-like with a glass cockpit. Not exactly what we need more of in this sim.

Yes and Rotax-powered as well, isn't it? Which we also have a few of.

Really hankering for something with a good ol' loud radial engine that leaks oil all over the ground to let you know it's there, rather than more buzzy lil' birds.

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

This game also needs a DC3, a dual engine turboprop mid range airliner, a 737, a glider, and a trike.
It really needs open cockpit stuff with these ambient sounds! 

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

NEXT plane in MSFS with glass cockpit??? Pff, not for me.... 

Could there be a problem with 3D gauges modeling? Easier to insert 2x G1000 again. 😅

Why not like this?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I have bought Carbon Cub from Big Tire back  in XP11. Shortly after release Cub was abandoned by developer, no patches no bug fixes. Instead he focused on making new airplanes to push sales. So just like in saying "screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me". No  more buying from Bug Tire for me! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 euros for this ? It doesn't even seems have custom G1000. 

They should stop rushing bad products like that. I prefer to wait a few months and have quality ones. 

Edited by Aaron555

If it had amphibious capability I'd buy it.

Not the best model I've ever seen, either inside or out, not the most accurate of flight models either. It's not a terrible model, but neither does it wow you.

It does say in the text for it in its installation folder that it is 'an artistic interpretation' of the real thing 'intended for fun', and this is kind of what you'd expect for the price, which isn't a great amount so I didn't expect it to be spectacular, nor should you for that kind of money. 

No manual that I can find in the installation folder, I had a pretty good look. Can't seem to open the doors (which is poor considering the real ones have a two stage latch and a gas support strut which is specifically intended to allow the doors to be opened in flight). At least Carenado did that with their 182.

On the plus side it does have an autopilot, so for a small STOL aeroplane it is nice to have that for long stretches when exploring. Back on the minus side, I can't seem to get the flaps to deploy despite there being a flap lever in the cockpit which moves, but the flaperons do not budge (everything else in the cockpit does appear to work (except there being no door latches).

If you have 7 quid going spare, it's okay, but if not, you're not missing much because there are already many default aeroplanes which do pretty much the same thing. Oh, and for a basic aeroplane, I wasn't terribly impressed with its frame rates; they're not terrible, but they should be better than they are for what it is.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I lost interest in the X-Plane version (where this Kitfox originates from) three minutes after starting it up: sub-standard in every respect. Cannot comment on the current version though (but with luck the dev is a little more hands-on this time). 

Thats the thing. MS say they have 800 or 900 developers making addons to sell in the marketplace but I suspect most will be putting out stuff like this to cash in. The quality producers are still likely to be the same 10 or 20 we are used to.

Edited by sanh

It looks like a nice plane but poor implementation 👎.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2