Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Big Tire Productions Kitfox in Microsoft Flight Sim

28 minutes ago, YoYo said:

It looks like a nice plane but poor implementation 👎.

Yeah, that's about the size of it. It doesn't really add anything of note to the sim at all; there's already a ton of similar aeroplanes included by default which can do as much as it.

Now if it had been a good, detailed model faithfully replicating perhaps an early mark Kitfox without the tundra tires, instead of the mark 7 with them, as it does, then it would have been perhaps more interesting. I've always been a fan of the original Kitfoxes, they are one of the best and most democratising home-builts ever, being comparatively inexpensive to build, to end up with a good looking and pretty tough aeroplane which flies extremely well and is extremely wallet-friendly to maintain.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The spinner is about to drop off in that first video.  Is this developer just out of playschool?

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Just now, jaydor said:

The spinner is about to drop off in that first video.  Is this developer just out of playschool?

I think the spinner animation betrays the model's origins, which as I understand it, is X-Plane.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

If Microsoft is going to peddle add-ons on the marketplace in game they need to implement a quality control standard or it will end up a shovelware playground just like most of the simulator stores online where sifting through the plethora of junk just to find something of quality is a full-time job itself. I stopped the minute I saw the spinner in that video. 

• Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

12 minutes ago, styckx said:

If Microsoft is going to peddle add-ons on the marketplace in game they need to implement a quality control standard or it will end up a shovelware playground just like most of the simulator stores online where sifting through the plethora of junk just to find something of quality is a full-time job itself. I stopped the minute I saw the spinner in that video. 

And we will have payware  addons (like this) 😉 :

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

47 minutes ago, styckx said:

If Microsoft is going to peddle add-ons on the marketplace in game they need to implement a quality control standard or it will end up a shovelware playground just like most of the simulator stores online where sifting through the plethora of junk just to find something of quality is a full-time job itself.

Pretty much all online marketplaces are like this (not just software like Steam or Google Play or Apple AppStore but Amazon, eBay, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace etc); they're not the arbiters of taste they just remove stuff that's unsafe (eventually, after lots of people yell at them).

Attached reviews and filters like "most popular", "highest reviewed" and "hot" are for separating the wheat from the chaff.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, styckx said:

Is it possible in Microsoft Store back addon and do request for refound? If yes maybe its a good option to do small test before stay with new addon? Just idea.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I hope Microsoft has a quality control for what is sold on the Marketplace, Godzilla is not something I want to see there.

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, styckx said:

Yeh the whole "800 or 900 addon developers have signed up for the marketplace" sounds deflating if this is going to be the standard...

It seems no matter how poor the quality people will buy right now. There is a thread knocking this addon on the ms flightsim forums as well.

Edited by sanh

The Gojirah add-on is freeware is it not? If they had the big guy fully animated, moving around the city with a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound... I'd would probably pay some money for that :cool:. (not a lot, but some for such a novelty)

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

5 minutes ago, sanh said:

Yeh the whole "800 or 900 addon developers have signed up for the marketplace" sounds deflating if this is going to be the standard...

It seems no matter how poor the quality people will buy right now. There is a thread knocking this addon on the ms flightsim forums as well.

Right now it's the 'golden hour' for people to make a fast buck off anything they can get out of the door. It will balance itself out eventually.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

1 minute ago, HighBypass said:

The Gojirah add-on is freeware is it not? If they had the big guy fully animated, moving around the city with a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound... I'd would probably pay some money for that :cool:. (not a lot, but some for such a novelty)

Yeah me too. I don't object to pretty much anything being an add-on, freeware or payware, since it ain't compulsory to download or buy such things. Being able to let rip at King Kong from a biplane like in the original movie as he scales the Empire State would actually be a cool mission. I'd pay for that. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun in your sim once in a while.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

46 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yeah me too. I don't object to pretty much anything being an add-on, freeware or payware, since it ain't compulsory to download or buy such things. Being able to let rip at King Kong from a biplane like in the original movie as he scales the Empire State would actually be a cool mission. I'd pay for that. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun in your sim once in a while.

I'm not sure we collectively have enough of a sense of humor for something like that to appear in the SIM without controversy. It would have to be strictly voluntary.

I know that War Thunder has been implementing April Fools jokes for years. I wonder how something like that would go over in flight simulator 2020!

I would go for it, but I'm a heathen. 😛

Going back to the subject of the kitfox, it's going to be a pass for me. There are too many similar things already in the Sim, done better.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I hope Microsoft has a quality control for what is sold on the Marketplace, Godzilla is not something I want to see there.

I don't think MSFS will ever have any godzilla in the marketplace, the godzilla add-on is from a external website