Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Big Tire Productions Kitfox in Microsoft Flight Sim

7 hours ago, HighBypass said:

...If they had the big guy fully animated, moving around the city with a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound... I'd would probably pay some money for that :cool:. (not a lot, but some for such a novelty)

'Specially if he picks up a bus and throws it back down, as he wades through the village toward the center of town...  :cool:

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

33 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I actually opened the door in flight.. 😉

And quickly closed it again.

ha ha.  Safety first there.

As for Microsoft vetting what goes in their store, I figure they won't do anything more than virus check it and make sure it doesn't contain anything inappropriate.  As for how I feel about it, one person's trash is another person's treasure.  If MS vets what is in their store, who is to say what is "unworthy" or "worthy"?  I'm not sure I want someone deciding that for me.  I'm the decider.  As someone once famously said.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

ha ha.  Safety first there.

As for Microsoft vetting what goes in their store, I figure they won't do anything more than virus check it and make sure it doesn't contain anything inappropriate.  As for how I feel about it, one person's trash is another person's treasure.  If MS vets what is in their store, who is to say what is "unworthy" or "worthy"?  I'm not sure I want someone deciding that for me.  I'm the decider.  As someone once famously said.

I agree no vetting, BUT I believe there should be the ability to post reviews from verified buyers (if there is, I apologise as I haven't seen it) but although there is the idiom buyer beware, I think we should also have buyer informed 🙂

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

I think we all or must of us been around long enough to know what to expect and from who to expect a good finished product. 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

1 hour ago, rtodepart said:

I think we all or must of us been around long enough to know what to expect and from who to expect a good finished product. 

There are a lot of new people downloading and using this Sim, who will know no such thing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, rtodepart said:

ahhh yes, but then again, I see people who have been around a long time with completely diametrically opposed views...  slowly but surely I am building a list of those who I trust and those I question no matter the length of time on here, and irrespective of their favorite sims 🙂  Likewise, I have seen some established companies release things that have raised a lot of questions based on speed to release...  Currently, everything to do with MSFS seems to be a bit wild west-ish and not sure who to rely on or to believe, so even with reviews it would be hard to judge currently. but I believe the whole process of having reviews would lead, over time, to a collective group of reviewers and companies to fully trust.

It seems to me that not only are some products being a little rushed, but some of the reviews out there are also desperate to be first and missing things as well.

At the moment, it's very much buyer beware and for that reason, there will be problems until that is sorted out🙂

Graham

• Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

@Stoopy Yes. You know where I'm coming from. 🍻:cool:No doubt when Tokyo gets a makeover, he'll pop up over there too. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

just gave it a try, the plane is fun, but definitly not worth 10$, 

Flaps are not working, the plane is almost impossible to land due to high speed (which is sad cause it would have been a nice plane for a quick/fun flight) 😞 

Hope they will update it just a little 

On 9/14/2020 at 1:03 PM, dyl55 said:

Flaps are not working, the plane is almost impossible to land due to high speed

The flaps are now animated, but they only go up to 6º ... i think they should go more, like 3 positions 6,12,18

The windshield has also been fixed.

The big problem remaining in the RPM at ilde, that push makes short landing very difficult.
With slip, you can achive some short landings, but not bush plane short.
And if you cut the engine with CTRL+word not allowed+E, then you can achieve ultrashort landings.

If they fix that issue, I think it will be totally worth the 9€, because of it's visibility, it's amazing. You can look down to the left, you even see the wheel, and things bellow you

On 9/14/2020 at 9:03 PM, dyl55 said:

j

Flaps are not working, the plane is almost impossible to land due to high speed (which is sad cause it would have been a nice plane for a quick/fun flight) 😞 

I learnt to fly in one of these.

It does NOT have flaps.

It has FLAPERONS which are good for lowering stall speed but do not have air-brake effect of the barn door flaps on a Cessna.

If the thing barrels down final like a bat out of hell and needs you to be really good at side slipping to wash off excess speed it most likely is a realistic model 😄

They should deploy more than 6 degrees though.

Relevant thread:

https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/threads/6373-New-to-flaperons?mode=hybrid

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

18 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It does NOT have flaps.

By flaps not working, he meant that when you activate the flaps lever, you didn't see visual feedback in the flaperons.
Now it has been fixed, and the base position of the flaperons changes.

Visually it looks like it's more than 6º, but if you go to third person camera, it say's they are at 6º

3 minutes ago, cercata said:

By flaps not working, he meant that when you activate the flaps lever, you didn't see visual feedback in the flaperons.
Now it has been fixed, and the base position of the flaperons changes.

Visually it looks like it's more than 6º, but if you go to third person camera, it say's they are at 6º

OK fair enough.

In real life they are fun little things to fly. 

A fabric, rotax powered, wooden propped kit plane with a floor mounted joystick is quite a change from a Cessna.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:44 PM, Stoopy said:

Really hankering for something with a good ol' loud radial engine that leaks oil all over the ground to let you know it's there

Yeah! If it's not leaking, it's empty!!

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

In real life they are fun little things to fly. 

In MSFS too. In handles similar to the Savage Cub, with more power, especially at high altitude, and much more visibility underneath.

Until you put the manifold on idle, and you see it doesn't want to stop ...

I'm really enjoying the Kitfox despite it flaws, the best visibility by far in MSFS !!!!

And shuting down engines with CRTL+SHIFT+E I can achieve very short landings.

Very happy with the purchase give the price, still i think some fixes are due ...