Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

I'm pretty convinced that a large group of folks that say their sim is 'absolutely ruined' either dug around their config files haphazardly trying to 'fix their sim' prior to the update, or downloaded one or more 'fixes'.  

There cant be another reason for such wild differences in experience.   Such a wide majority are reporting huge increases in performance, and others are saying its busted.  

Thats not normal. 

Edited by JughedJones
  • Like 12

You guys pretty much made this sim unplayable for the time being. I would suggest rolling back the patch until you guys figue this out.  Explain how nobody tested a take off with the A320 before the patch.

Can't change the sensitivity settings on anything anymore.  The A320 shuts down engine 1 if you turn off the APU and the AP is wrecked.  Flying to FL140, I turned on the AP and it climbed at 6000 ft per minute, then descended around 4500 feet per minute.  I'm not a pilot but I know the main rule is to keep passengers comfortable.  Never experiened this before the patch or before mods.

I did star to use the A320NX mod about a week ago which is broken now but that was expected so I removed it.  The engine 1 bug is without mods to the A320

One fix though, you have to keep the APU on the entire flight.  Once you turn it off and set the engines back to idle, engine 1 dies.  It also still sways significantly when cruising so that didn't seem to get fixed.

The ATC has gotten worse.  Cleared to land at KDAY rwy 28R which I've done thousands of times, landed smoothly, then pulled off onto a taxiway, wanting to taxi to a gate and all I could select was another take off or request a pushback.  Flight wasn't logged into the profile either, which I really don't mind, but ATC could at least direct me to a gate. 

Call me what you want but I paid $120 for this.  I played Xplane for years too so I expect things to not work perfectly for a sim.  But an engine not working, the AP and ATC not working is game breaking. 

Roll back the patch please so I can enjoy the sim again which I paid $120 for

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

One observation. Winds aloft have no effect on the aircraft ground speed. 20knt tail wind and the GS matches the IAS. C208 FL6000.

IAS tells you not much regarding your actual speed versus the air, check TAS. 

Edited by Steku

Ugh... The download speeds are horrendous.. I have 1GB internet and my average for the update is 2Mbps

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Actually for the PC environment, it is pretty normal ... finding the cause can be tricky.  This is why consoles are so popular, controlled hardware/environment (I guess Steve Jobs was right).

Cheers, Rob.

Yeah...  Youre right Rob.   

Theres something to that.   

However, I know this community.     A lot of these cats became amateur coders in the past couple weeks.   Now some of them are wondering how things got a little screwy after an update.  

Both our points are valid I think. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DukeOfMerle said:

You guys pretty much made this sim unplayable for the time being.

Who are you talking to? This isn't the official forum, this is a group of enthusiasts. I think you are in the wrong place. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

I'm pretty convinced that a large group of folks that say their sim is 'absolutely ruined' either dug around their config files haphazardly trying to 'fix their sim' prior to the update, or downloaded one or more 'fixes'. 

12 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, like I said, some things of flight simulation never change ... editing files manually then saving them in the wrong format, renaming files, moving files, etc. etc. ... it's all been done before in P3D and XP and FSX and FSW and ....  It doesn't invalidate the user problems, but it does make it much more difficult to diagnose the issue and resolve (if it is indeed not a bug).

Cheers, Rob.

I "fixed" 3 of my friends machines last night who had unplayable sim after the update..  they live a few doors up and down the street and they know me well, and i had panic phone calls...  

1)  My 172 shuts down if i try to turn the AP on now..  

Fix..  Have you any mods in?...   Nope,  none?..  nope, but i thought you added the Garmin1000 update?  yeah...  , well thats a mod..  oh,.. take it out..  okay..  still going beserk..  nope and seems smoother now.

2) was similar..  a320NX mod in place  His a320 flights were behaving badly..  now smoother but he misses the mod 🙂

3) Someone who had played with the config in the main files and forgotten that they HAD changed the config and also what they had changed.  Now works fine, but not much change for them from the patch (if any) but the config changes that were "essential" are now not needed 🙂

Now, this will be by  no means everyone, and some will have genuine issues, but it's like when it first came out and people had modified machines  with overclocked cores and hyperthreading turned off, because other sims preferred that which again is completely wrong for this one.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Fixed my slow download issue.. Ran the game as administrator peak downloads at 300Mbps

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

just had time to do a quick flight last night with the CJ4 from Orbx London city and over London city pack, and while I  just have a few more fps around 45-50 the smoothnesshas improved a lot. For the first time when I see 50 fps on the screen I really believe it. Taking off is smooth, you can feel the speed on the runway and the same goes for the landing where you can feel the speed of the impact of your wheel on it.

Still a lot of test to do in the following days but I´m really happy with the performance of the sim after this patch.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

9 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I'm glad we got this patch, but I'm also a bit worried about Asobo not releasing hotfixes. So, now we are supposed to just live with the newly introduced bugs for a few weeks until we get the next patch?

Do we have a link for no hotfixes?  I thought that as of last night they were looking at this with a view to doing a hotfix?

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

13 hours ago, YoYo said:

"Press any key" at beginning is present still ???

I'm part of the Microsoft User Research Survey. Week 4's questions included one about what we think of the "Press any key". So they know that people don't like it and there must be a possibility of removing it otherwise they wouldn't have asked. Let's hope the message comes loud and clear to them. Two more weeks for the surveys, so it's possible it could get removed in the next patch.

So, if I understand this correctly...installing this new update will either give you a major increase in FPS and smoothness, or will make the sim stutter-y, slower, and unplayable, and it appears to be pretty much a coin-flip which one you will get.  Do I feel lucky, punk?

Of course, there also appears to be some bugs fixed, but whole new major ones introduced (A320 left engine, AP on Caravan and C172 shutting off after an hour, missing sensitivities screen.)

In short, though, it would appear to either be a great update with Asobo deserving our heartfelt thanks, or it should be immediately rolled back until all the new bugs can be fixed (which, I assume, would be in the October patch at the earliest).

🙄

1 hour ago, jpe828 said:

Who are you talking to? This isn't the official forum, this is a group of enthusiasts. I think you are in the wrong place. 

Oh, I can only imagine the carnage going on over there... 🤣

Edited by JDWalley
  • Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

32 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Do we have a link for no hotfixes?  I thought that as of last night they were looking at this with a view to doing a hotfix?

I suppose they might...but one can only guess what else might inadvertently get broken, and need a hotfix for the hotfix,  Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Massive improvement for me on my i5 3.4ghz Nvidia 1060 6GB, absolutley mega....hapoy has a pig in the muck here!!!! 

• Upvote 1

Regards

Paul EGCC