Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

I think this is the future of addons.

Airports don't have to come with big areas around them, MSFS does not need that only key building but not all the PR etc like P3D Simwings LEBL. Good news for developers it will lower their time and cost to develop.

I still want addon airports but this is more I think the focus of Orbx will be going forward. Ofc I would be wrong.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/199890-australia-arrives-for-msfs-introducing-cityscape-sydney/

Focus on cities and landmarks etc.

nEv2ZGr.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This could well be a future trend. The only risk I see is if Bing decide to push on with their photogrammetry cities. But maybe developers such as ORBX have some insider knowledge on this. What I personally, as a customer, would like to see are more sceneries that combine airports and landmarks, like e.g. LOWI. 

• Like 4

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

blimey ... i think i can see the pylons of the anzac bridge 😄

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Airports don't have to come with big areas around them, MSFS does not need that only key building but not all the PR etc like P3D Simwings LEBL. Good news for developers it will lower their time and cost to develop.

I still want addon airports but this is more I think the focus of Orbx will be going forward. Ofc I would be wrong.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/199890-australia-arrives-for-msfs-introducing-cityscape-sydney/

Well, I'm just trying to foresee what would happen once PMDG delivers their first plane into the sim. Add AI traffic and you'd need 4080Ti at some point.

• Like 1

I'd rather have MS pushing more Photogrammetry cities. They're still working on these, aren't they. For payware, I'd prefer more general packages, that don't concentrate on one single area. Here are some ideas:

"USA Bridges"
"TV towers of Europe"
"Castles of France"

You get the idea...

• Like 14

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I am not sure there will be a market for sceneries outside of airports, and i surely won’t be buying too many airports either. I don’t see a market for much past aircraft tbh. No even weather or AI traffic. The sim already includes excellent scenery. The winners will be aircraft developers imo, but the cost for all add-ons will come down because the market will be so much bigger. Win-win situation.  

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Unfortunately CPU is the problem, not GPU. I hope they keep improving CPU performance with even more usage of multithreading. (Altough they are already using it up to some extent)

Not sure if this is the future, as a World Update focused on Australia could end up making this add-on near useless. But then what Shack95 said could be true, and such an update might be a long while away, which would make this add-on relevant for quite some time.

This is still some tremendous work from Orbx, though the comparison screenshots show that updating the landmarks and watermasks could have created a very similar result with much less effort, and likely at a much more attractive price which would increase its sales considerably. It will be interesting to see how well this add-on will be received.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 1

I don't really understand the point of addon scenery. I thought Photogrammetry via Bing generated, so to speak, "live scenery".

Granted, Bing Maps aren't perfect, but this seems like a step backwards towards "static scenery".

I also don't see much of a future for addon-scenery.

Edited by Ricardo41

Stuff like this will make the devs even more lazy. Just like with liveries. They were set to come out on 21st August but since we have a ton of them already made by volunteers, devs delayed the official ones just because we have already something to chew on for the time being. I fear same will happen with regional updates.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I don't really understand the point of addon scenery. I thought Photogrammetry via Bing generated, so to speak, "live scenery".

Granted, Bing Maps aren't perfect, but this seems like a step backwards towards "static scenery".

i think if you live there the addon could be interesting for you, but i prefer streaming data with photogrammetry, sure you won't get every detail like hand made, but i dont like filling hard disks again. I hope they sell just the Landmarks too, thats what i would be interested.

11 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I also don't see much of a future for addon-scenery.

Did you even follow the link?

If this was you home city or even if not, its clear to see and this you call "backwards" and this has no future? OK your entitled to you option ofc.

Slider-Left-jpg-ded3a769f57cef0f2ffff129

Slider-Right-jpg-153afd2a10f27eb9b5b0b67

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

nEv2ZGr.jpg

Or they can spend the same time an do better airports more accurate, realistic and accurate PBR material and buildings and its illumination as in the reality in the night etc. etc., there is work to do if they want too, and to focus in other matters and issues.

8 minutes ago, peloto said:

Or they can spend the same time an do better airports more accurate, realistic and accurate PBR material and buildings and its illumination as in the reality in the night etc. etc., there is work to do if they want too, and to focus in other matters and issues.

You mean like this

https://orbxdirect.com/product/gaya-eddt-msfs

They have a lot of people working for them and others working with them, am sure making the above does not stop airport development.

Or this coming soon

629-b0ff5a2568beb1370281dc1f700db641.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Did you even follow the link?

If this was you home city or even if not, its clear to see and this you call "backwards" and this has no future? OK your entitled to you option ofc.

The future of flight simming is live scenery. It is definitely not perfect, and in places, where Bing coverage is spotty, is downright ugly and/or non-existant. So, in theory, if a great flood does away with the Sydney Opera, eventually the building shouldn't show up any more in the sim.

But I think there is no going back to static scenery, even if that scenery looks really pretty.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1