Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

This has been amping up for a bit now since the patch on the official forums and I myself am personally OVER IT..

I caught the entire failure on video now..  This happens MULITPLE times a flight. NO COMMUNITY addons..  Doesn't matter what plane you're in... 

VIDEO

Flying to a VOR when suddenly.. Avionics abruptly fail, AP disengages the whole nine yards...  Nothing you can do except flip the avionics switch off then back on to correct it..  IF you're lucky. Some planes there is no recourse. You're simply left without avionics.  Only left to *wing it* or restart your flight. These kind of bugs are absolutely criminal and we shouldn't have to wait a month for it to "maybe" be fixed.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/black-avionics-screens-after-update/273751/105

Edited by styckx
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

That was fast!  😅

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

20 minutes ago, styckx said:

This has been amping up for a bit now since the patch on the official forums and I myself am personally OVER IT..

I am with you on this. Even the steam gauge C172 is unflyable now. I wonder if there is even one aircraft in this simulator that is as of now, not a total [word most definitely not allowed] mess. If there is, please someone let me know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I had some odd problems prior the second patch. So I accidentally reset app and was forced to reinstall the whole sim again. Now, while it was drag it solved all my problems before after the second patch. So day after I installed second patch and now I do not have this  electrical issue like other people do. I wonder if my complete reinstall was a reason for that.

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

I had some odd problems prior the second patch. So I accidentally reset app and was forced to reinstall the whole sim again. Now, while it was drag it solved all my problems before after the second patch. So day after I installed second patch and now I do not have this  electrical issue like other people do. I wonder if my complete reinstall was a reason for that.

No, it wasn't your reinstall. It was the latest patch..

I've never seen a `game' continue to  get more broken as the devs try to fix the release problems.   

Even to a casual this game is unplayable.  Seriously. Whoever is in charge of QA should be fired.. Stevie Wonder would have noticed these problems. 

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Is it a driver issue? Do folks with AMD cards experience the same problem? What else did you change/do?

Did you delete and then reinstall MSFS?

etc. etc.

Without any of this information, your post is just a rant, with no informative or productive value.

Your claim that it is "the latest patch" is unsubstantiated. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

I  have this same problem, having to cycle avionics off and back on to get my Autopilot to work. I thought it was my GoFlight hardware, good to know it isn't the hardware.

This situation started after the Patch....

Edited by mjw25
  • Like 2

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

I`m not seeing this problem, have the latest MSFS patch and bought the Carenado Ovation today and my sim is perfect.

• Like 5

tpewpb-6.png

36 minutes ago, styckx said:

Even to a casual this game is unplayable.  Seriously. Whoever is in charge of QA should be fired.. Stevie Wonder would have noticed these problems. 

41 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

I am with you on this. Even the steam gauge C172 is unflyable now. I wonder if there is even one aircraft in this simulator that is as of now, not a total [word most definitely not allowed] mess. If there is, please someone let me know.

Can either of you provide full replication steps to reproduce this behavior consistently and easily?  

I don't have either of your experiences.  I just had a wonderful flight through Yosemite with the C172 and it was easily flyable.  And NOT one plane I have had has had the Avionics just turn off.  I understand you have a video, but unless it is easily replicated with consistent repeatable steps,  then you really have nothing more than what might be an environmental issue unique to your installation and not with the program.

So before you call for the head of QA to be fired, perhaps you should chill out on the hyperbole, and actually help the team track down this issue and make sure it is a product issue and not an issue with your system.

• Like 8

Steps to reproduce:

1. Fly any airplane

2. Just wait

End of steps...

Pretty sure my video, this thread and the official forum thread of countless complaints of this same exact  is enough..

I paid $120 for a simulator to fly planes, not to be a freelance debugger.. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, mjw25 said:

This situation started after the Patch....

Unfortunately this is apparently a recurring BUG, (perhaps in the core code), affects most airplanes and was reported long time ago. It has nothing to do with GPU brand.

12 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

actually help the team track down this issue

We tried to; since Alpha day 1. IMO Zendesk is a joke.
Just take a look at the MSFS forums today, it is full of reports about the same issue, on different planes.

Edited by RamonB
  • Upvote 1

This happened to me for the first time yesterday in the 172 on a 20 minute flight.

Not sure of the need for the hyperbolic reaction, though 😁 It'll get sorted.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Same here happening in the c172 after last patch, I hope they fix this quick

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

23 minutes ago, styckx said:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Fly any airplane

2. Just wait

End of steps...

Pretty sure my video, this thread and the official forum thread of countless complaints of this same exact  is enough..

I paid $120 for a simulator to fly planes, not to be a freelance debugger.. 

1. Loaded up the TBM 930

2. Completed a flight with no issues (othere than the usual quirks)

You continue to throw a temper tantrum without providing any kind of productive information. 

• Like 18
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

1. Loaded up the TBM 930

2. Completed a flight with no issues (othere than the usual quirks)

You continue to throw a temper tantrum without providing any kind of productive information. 

You're my hero! Welcome to my ignore list..  

• Like 4