Sign in to follow this  
ark

Throttle Quadrant

8 hours ago, ark said:

Not sure what you mean here -- 3 vernier (screw) axes?

To illustrate Chris' answer: As seen at bottom right of this photo.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 hours ago, tutmeister said:

The first was going to be a 6 axis because it is more flexible.

Chris, that sounds good.

And the one exception to having a set of generic momentary type push switches I pleaded for above would be to have a gear lever switch with the typical little wheel knob on it. That's pretty universal across all a/c with retractable gear.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

To illustrate Chris' answer: As seen at bottom right of this photo.

Yep -- thanks.

Al

On 3/27/2021 at 7:52 PM, tutmeister said:

At the moment there is no such things as weekends off, for me at least. UPS do not accept parcels either standard or express over the weekend. Even if I drive them to the depot it is closed over the weekend. Sorry.

Regarding the throttle, the mechanism.is designed but the other bits aren't finalised yet. Picture a metal saitek quadrant type of thing. The question is, do we bother making 3 ways or just a 6 way (like 2 put together).

Also buttons. Toggle or push? Push are more universal and easy for people to assign like on the saitek. The throttle will not be like the honeycomb with lots ofextras. It will be more straightforward and functional as a throttle.

Should it be followed up with a 3 way Vernier style throttle?

Chris

Sorry for bump up an old thread...but I just want to express that yes please have some buttons on the throttle quadrant, at least TOGA and AT Disengage buttons! It would be so odd to reach out to somewhere else for those buttons where IRL you can push them without move your hand away from the TQ, especially in VR.

Also look forward to the Vernier style. If you guys can sell one with push-to-advance as well as the twisting adjustment, I'm sure it'll be a no-brainer to buy it, since you guys are making solid, professional product while not selling the steel like gold. 😉

I would like to se a throttle like the 737 or E190 with the buttons you mentioned, I don’t know why It is so difficult for the other sellers to make a throttle with at least AT and TOGA buttons, this is what I feel honeycomb, saitek and ch products have. 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2021 at 8:20 AM, tutmeister said:

It is not going to be quick I'm afraid. We are still struggling with production of the yoke due to various hold ups in the UK. However design is done, we are just not in a position to start running production on it. Should be later in the year once the order backlog is cleared. I'm hoping this will be done by some time in March. There will also be a stand alone trim wheel coming after that of a similar form factor to the throttle quadrant.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Anything new you can share on the Fulcrum TQ?

Thx,

Al

Hi Al

Not really, as in nothing I want to show publicly yet as it will change. The basic mechanism is designed and is a 6 lever quadrant. All levers are equally spaced so it can easily be changed from prop to jet. Number of buttons and other configurations are not finalised so can't really show anything yet.

Chris

• Like 2

Allowing different configurations (Airliners, GA) is essential. Having reverse switches and other buttons would be great as well. If the TQ is built the same way as the yoke, I'll for sure pre-order it. Thanks Chris!

• Like 1

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

Only just discovered this thread - and indeed brand so wanted ask about the throttle. Would it have detents to allow for beta range, feather, cut off etc.?

Currently running a premium HOTAS setup but looking for something more suitable for switching out for GA. Also, Would it have some form of quick attachment for adding/removing from a desk for example? I'm not familiar with your Yoke yet and how that attaches so off to do some research now.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

On 9/8/2021 at 2:48 PM, Donka said:

Only just discovered this thread - and indeed brand so wanted ask about the throttle. Would it have detents to allow for beta range, feather, cut off etc.?

Currently running a premium HOTAS setup but looking for something more suitable for switching out for GA. Also, Would it have some form of quick attachment for adding/removing from a desk for example? I'm not familiar with your Yoke yet and how that attaches so off to do some research now.

It will have a single thumb wheel for mounting to a desk similar to the yoke. If you look at the product page on our website you will see the yoke clamp.

The throttle can be changed from jet style to prop style handles and the levers are tension adjustable. It offers 90 degrees of lever travel and has 2 mounting positions, upright in a traditional quadrant style and then tilted back by 45 degrees for a more airliner style of travel.

However we have not finalised switches or detents yet but I will update with full details when we can.

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks Chris - much appreciated.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Hi,

I’ve just joined AV Sim because I finally got my yoke today after being one of the first pre-order customers. Delay was all on my side but absolutely worth the wait. I only just found out via the included documentation that this is one of the few places where Chris has a support forum for Fulcrum’s products. I’m also very eager for a TQ and would like to add to this discussion with my thoughts on what I’d like to see in a quadrant. My 2 cents if you will.

All metal construction as is the Fulcrum style. I like the VF TQ6+ in this regard.

6 Hall effect sensed Axis with tension adjustment.

Configurable handles for different aircraft types with electrical buttons. I love this aspect of the Honeycomb.

An enclosure that’s as big as it needs to be for the internals but no larger. The Saitek and TQ6 win this one. The Honeycomb falls down massively in this department.

No bling that doesn’t fit the role of a TQ. Certainly don’t need extra switches, buttons, AP etc. certainly no Annunciator panel. These functions are the role of a switch panel/button box.

Certainly include TQ related functions such as TOGA, reversers, detents for every axis etc

Judging by the quality of the yoke I’m sure it will turn out great.

3 hours ago, Sling said:

No bling that doesn’t fit the role of a TQ. Certainly don’t need extra switches, buttons, AP etc.

I agree with all your points bar this one. Extra buttons - as we have with the Saitek throttle quadrant - are very helpful.

As an example, I use one with the up click starting the elapsed time on the PMDG737. The down click sets TOGA.

Without a button to do that I have to revert to using the mouse on the VC. Yuck!

Buttons are essential on a flight sim TQ in my opinion.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Buttons are necessary on a TQ in my opinion. The other feature that it should have is the ability to configure throttle levers in different ways (airliner, GA, etc).

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

Thanks Ray. I’m glad you largely agree. I think it is a sensible list. I get why you want extra buttons I just wouldn’t want something that’s not for the TQ itself to detract from its purpose. I think that’s what I meant by bling. I had the honeycomb in mind with that point. If it was done in a discrete way like the saitek down under the levers then perhaps I’d concede their usefulness. Thinking about what normally goes down there perhaps a rudder trim would be nice so I can use the Fulcrum one yoke switch for aileron trim when applicable. If it’s close to that list I think it’s another winner.