Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

What's this? C172 Liveries

Just discovered that there are a few liveries for the Classic 6 Pack C172.

9J8BcAR.png

a5cBYXv.png

They are available from the individual livery downloads page.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

17 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Do you have a link for those? TIA!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y4c1L73NT5BkXHeKwq-Q_TJRbAzGGkEJ

• Like 1

Is that for the G1000 172 or for the steam gauge 172? I am looking to get some steam 172 liveries.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Is that for the G1000 172 or for the steam gauge 172? I am looking to get some steam 172 liveries.

For steam version.

• Like 1

Thank you. I could not load more than 3. for some reason when I download the 4th one I am not seeing in my Download folder.H,mmm

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just now, Manny said:

Thank you. I could not load more than 3. for some reason when I download the 4th one I am not seeing in my Download folder.H,mmm

Press download on one livery. Wait until it downloads. Then go to the next one. I had no problems downloading all of them. They all look good.

• Like 1

And for those who are a little adventurous, and know how to make a back-up of their default planes before they start tinkering...may find out (like I did by tinkering of course) you can change the color of your Cessna (or any default plane I think) by editing the small paint chip file in the texture folder.

The only caveat is the propeller stripes take on the accent color (Haven't had time to figure that out yet...too busy flying....in planes with colors I like vs what the sim gives me) 🙂

Edit at your own risk of course.  And don't sue me if you mess it up, and didn't make a backup 1st! 😉

BM9MKI.jpg

Have fun...and color your plane with your favorite colors! 🙂

Was getting bored of green...switched to Aqua...I like this color!

qY7qSa.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

12 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

And for those who are a little adventurous, and know how to make a back-up of their default planes before they start tinkering...may find out (like I did by tinkering of course) you can change the color of your Cessna (or any default plane I think) by editing the small paint chip file in the texture folder.

Superb.  Love the loving the aqua Steve - classy. 👍

Is there any chance you could give me the exact RGB colours for that one please, so that I can make up a paint chip?

Also, have you tried a gradient in the paint chip yet to see if that has any effect?  

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

46 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Superb.  Love the loving the aqua Steve - classy. 👍

Is there any chance you could give me the exact RGB colours for that one please, so that I can make up a paint chip?

Also, have you tried a gradient in the paint chip yet to see if that has any effect?  

Dark aqua:  HTML color is #175958 and RGB is 23,89,88

Light aqua:  HTML color is #116f6f and RGB is 17,111,111

The hack is so easy it actually takes longer to find the chip and  open in your paint program than it does to paint it. 🙂

To check your paint after adjusting and saving it....go back to MSFS and into your profile and go to aircraft....if that plane is already selected...change to another, go back and let that new plane display in the hangar. (the sim must be forced to redraw the bird to see the paint change).  Then when you go back to your plane, the new paint should be there to inspect.  If you don't like the colors...they always are a bit different-looking in the sim (wait for the hangar door to cycle so you can see it in both the shade and light to access if you like the color)....just repaint the chip and do these steps again to see the new color.

I have not tried gradients yet, let me know the outcome when you do. 😉

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just now, Steve Dra said:

Dark aqua:  HTML color is #175958 and RGB is 23,89,88

Light aqua:  HTML color is #116f6f and RGB is 17,111,111

The hack is so easy it actually takes longer to find the chip and  open in your paint program than it does to paint it. 🙂

To check your paint after adjusting and saving it....go back to MSFS and into your profile and go to aircraft....if that plane is already selected...change to another, go back and let that new plane display in the hangar. (the sim must be forced to redraw the bird to see the paint change).  Then when you go back to your plane, the new paint should be there to inspect.  If you don't like the colors...they always are a bit different-looking in the sim (wait for the hangar door to cycle so you can see it in both the shade and light to access if you like the color)....just repaint the chip and do these steps again to see the new color.

I have not tried gradients yet, let me know the outcome when you do. 😉

Having FUN?

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Having FUN?

more than should be legal! 🙂 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, BaronKen said:

What are you using to open this file?

Paint.net works fine.

I did a purple and mauve one - works great - if a bit loud!  😃

I did a gradient - not sure if it works.  It may have just taken an average of the colours.  Although it did seem to blend or be kind of translucent over the cowling, but it might be a sun/reflection effect.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.