Sign in to follow this  
RW1

REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator

yep noticed that - I will eagerly wait for reports from early adopters!

• Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

By client if you mean a standalone app, yes I think so.  Just adds to the number of apps required to open when launching the sim.  I remember using a cool program called SimstarterNG for P3D which opened all your apps at the click of a button.  I would rather not go back to those days though.

• Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, CallsignDE said:

Sorry for off-topic: How do you display the FPS like this?

With MSI Afterburner.

• Like 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Only 21.95.  I spent more on dinner last night.   I'm downloading it now.  UPDATE: I downloaded the .exe but Windows doesn't like it, so I hit Run anyway, but nothing happens. Wierd...

Ah.. I see there is a whole thing of disabling antivirus and user account controls and creating folders and unzipping and downloading word not allowed.  Sigh.

Nope still don't know what's going on.  If I'm frustrated as a long time FSX user, others are going to not even bother. 

I'm on this step 2. Download the zip files or copy and paste the file into that folder. (Figure 1) what zip files.  The only thing the store gives me is rexsetup.exe.  So where do I get this file? rexwxforce_2020XXXX.zip

Edited by aniiran

I'm interested not in better depiction of real-world weather, but in evolving dynamic weather.   Sometimes I just want to go flying in a particular place without knowing what's going to happen, and the static weather which is the option to real-world weather in the sim just isn't interesting, especially since crafting anything more than a wind or cloud layer or two is annoying.

I'm going to get this and give it a go, I've been spending too much time prepping the G1000 for release and could do with a mental break before the final stretch.

28 minutes ago, aniiran said:

Ah.. I see there is a whole thing of disabling antivirus and user account controls and creating folders and unzipping and downloading word not allowed.  Sigh.

I don't understand this requirement. Are they unable to contend with the Windows architecture? I've excluded directories from Windows security for some P3D aircraft (A320x), but this seems daft. The hundreds of programs I run/have run and I've never needed to do this. Are they talking about the install duration and then you can switch the security back on? That, I've done before.

Does anyone have an insight as to this requirement?

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

22 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I'm interested not in better depiction of real-world weather, but in evolving dynamic weather.   Sometimes I just want to go flying in a particular place without knowing what's going to happen, and the static weather which is the option to real-world weather in the sim just isn't interesting, especially since crafting anything more than a wind or cloud layer or two is annoying.

I'm going to get this and give it a go, I've been spending too much time prepping the G1000 for release and could do with a mental break before the final stretch.

Try the DCWS that are weather scenarios that will change as you fly.  WE will be adding more later and a feature to create your own in later builds.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

11 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I don't understand this requirement. Are they unable to contend with the Windows architecture? I've excluded directories from Windows security for some P3D aircraft (A320x), but this seems daft. The hundreds of programs I run/have run and I've never needed to do this. Are they talking about the install duration and then you can switch the security back on? That, I've done before.

Does anyone have an insight as to this requirement?

Security can go back on after you download and install.  Just make sure to give the REX folder exclusion rights in you AV software.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Thanks for the reply.

Now, I get it. This requirement is like with your P3D products, which I own and enjoy. Might have to give this a try.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Its still not working for me at all. Virus and threat protection are off, virus and firewall protection are completely off. 

Where am I supposed to get this file from the user manual talks about?  2. Download the zip files or copy and paste the file into that folder. (Figure 1)    

What zip files.  I was given no zip files, where do I find these files? rexwxforce_2020XXXX.zip

The only thing I can get from the store is rexsetup.exe

Edited by aniiran

Well... Actual weather is loaded and worked upon multiple airport relocations. Baro will be stuck at 29.92 until you move your aircraft for some odd reason - - need to do a longer flight to test transitions.