Sign in to follow this  
RW1

REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator

Emails, really, just read this topic, emails.....

We’re did I say I emailed you? Or said I did, just read this topic, it’s  not hard.

I would appreciate you getting you facts right first, thank you.

Also you still not, even when quoting me answered the question.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You said you reached out to us. Well where did you reach out to me.  I didn't get anything from you email's or anything.  YOU said you reached out twice with NO reply. I am saying I never heard from you.

The quote about the FPS was for those with lower end machines.  We provide an instant load if the transitions between weather cause an issue.  That was it.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Emails, really, just read this topic, emails.....

We’re did I say I emailed you? Or said I did, just read this topic, it’s  not hard.

I would appreciate you getting you facts right first, thank you.

@Nyxx why don’t you refer to the facts before making assumptions? We welcome constructive feedback. thanks 

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

We’re did I say I reach out to you, quote me. 

1 minute ago, fs1 said:

@Nyxx why don’t you refer to the facts before making assumptions? Please and thanks 

Am still waiting for we’re I “reached out to you” Or implied I emailed you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The reviews will soon tell the real story, good or bad.  I'll leave my purchasing decision until then, after the smoke settles.

• Like 2

Matthew S

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Am still waiting for we’re I “reached out to you” Or implied I emailed you.

I answered that. You said you reached out to us 2 x.  I am saying WHEN and HOW?

Then I answered your question.  If you would like to email me personally I would be happy to answer you.  rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

@Nyxx I have not received any message from you. What would like to know about the product?

Federico Sucari

Again similar problem with wind at destination. Everything was fine until short final. Wind went from 11 kts to 6 kts. Thus pretty much what default live weather does

unknown.png?width=2222&height=1250 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I said quote me, never mind.

Whats hard to grasp that you cannot read this topic. I never said I PM any of you or emailed you.

I spent a lot of time making a guild to SF and EF and was a good customer, and a big fan, but frankly you attitude stinks.

You just lost a very good customer.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Again similar problem with wind at destination. Everything was fine until short final. Wind went from 11 kts to 6 kts. Thus pretty much what default live weather does

unknown.png?width=2222&height=1250 

To better understand, what altitude is that airport at?

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

9 minutes ago, rstough said:

You said you reached out to us. 

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Maybe let's stop that little skirmish here and let's get back to the topic.

As far as I can see, this question brought up here earlier hasn't been answered clearly so far. So you can take the opportunitiy to clarify right here:

Reading through the manual I stumbled over this:

Weather synthesis means that the weather engine reads the location of the aircraft, selects the closest metar data report, and then decodes and injects that weather into the flight simulator. The initial load is instantaneous, but all consecutive injections are smooth and spread over time.

That sounds like REX just takes the local METAR and injects that weather globally. And when moving from one METAR station to another the weather transitions globally to the weather of that METAR station. That would mean that the weather would look the same up to the horizon in each direction which would be a major step backwards from the default weather which is so immersive because you can see different weather in every direction up to 200 miles away.

I hope my conclusion is wrong.

... yesterday I flew across a mountain range and had (realistically) completely different weather on each side of that mountain range on my way there and back. On the west side of the mountains there were clear skies and on the east side thick clouds and rain. And far in the west I could see another cloud system approaching. These conditions stayed roughly the same and were visible when looking around during all my flight there and back. So definitely different weather depiction for different locations and not the same weather globally depending on my current position. That was with live weather - with the static weather presets of course the weather is the same globally.

Will I be able to experience the same with REX Weather Force? Or will the weather be clear skies gobally as long as I am close to the METAR station west of the mountains and transition to overcast globally as soon as I get to the METAR station east of the mountains (in that above example)?

• Upvote 1

Trying it now. Looks like the weather is injected globally. So no flying from weather system to weather system still...Devs correct me please if i am wrong. But using the NEXRAD function on the G1000 one can clearly see the Patterns reaching from Horizon to horizon.

Taking off at 3kts of wind....now at FL200 and still 3kts.

The depiction overall looks great but the globally injected weather is a big no no for me. sorry!

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

This strengthens my suspicion that the wind gradient Asobo programmed into the weather system is wrong. They tried to implement a system that accounts for terrain and buildings influencing wind on the ground and as you climb the wind gets stronger. But the gradient reduces the reported ground level wind instead of increasing it in the air.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Trying it now. Looks like the weather is injected globally. So no flying from weather system to weather system still...Devs correct me please if i am wrong. But using the NEXRAD function on the G1000 one can clearly see the Patterns reaching from Horizon to horizon.

Taking off at 3kts of wind....now at FL200 and still 3kts.

The depiction overall looks great but the globally injected weather is a big no no for me. sorry!

You cannot set station by station as there are no stations to set.  So we have to transition it in over time.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

God speed all those who spent their money on marketing tactics. 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 4

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors