Sign in to follow this  
UKflyer

A320 V0.3.0 mod released

You guys are amazing. The A320 becomes more and more a real joy to fly. Many thanks and keep it up!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

The way this is going very soon there will be no need for any Aerosoft A320 family.

Certainly not if their charging more than $20 USD for it.

Matthew S

Is anyone or any group working on a Basic Flight Tutorial for this A320neo?  It was be a waste for the users to not know how to use or be able to experience all this creative work.

I would think a basic flight tutorial could work hand in glove with the continued development of the systems and displays.

Just a thought.

• Like 5

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Don't have any of their previous mods, so just wondering if this one incorporates all previous ones? 

Cheers 

These improvements are impressive, but the A320 is still unflyable in short final after the 50ft call which makes manual landings impossible.

Is it just me or these improvements are quite secondary if we can't land the aircraft normally?

And don't get me wrong, I admire the FlyByWire team! I just question myself why they don't fix this first?

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

Don't have any of their previous mods, so just wondering if this one incorporates all previous ones? 

Cheers 

As far as I am aware it does. You just download the latest version each time completely replacing the old version (as in you delete the old version first if you have it and then paste this one into your community folder).

Just wanted to say as well that this is truly outstanding work. Thank you to the developers.

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Noooch said:

These improvements are impressive, but the A320 is still unflyable in short final after the 50ft call which makes manual landings impossible.

Is it just me or these improvements are quite secondary if we can't land the aircraft normally?

And don't get me wrong, I admire the FlyByWire team! I just question myself why they don't fix this first?

The improvements to the FBW is currently work in progress and I posted earlier, they have managed to code their own FBW C++ but still WIP. 

In regards to the Autopilot, there are some constrains for example the autopilot based files that Asobo created are shared among the other airliners which make it bit tricky to change. As far as I understood from their Q&A, an idea they could write their own Autopilot using SimConnect interception similar to the FBW that is currently WIP. First they want to get the learnings from FBW work and then they would try to use the same method for the autopilot, also not to forget, there are some functions in SimConnect are still not implemented and that what Asobo is actively working on. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

No trouble at all since the last update in landing... maybe something at your end.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

23 minutes ago, Car147 said:

No trouble at all since the last update in landing... maybe something at your end.

If you are talking about the last MSFS update, the problem is still there.

And on Youtube you will see only touchdowns with auto-throttle engaged.

Go and try to land without auto-throttle, you will see what a mess it is, this is an issue reported by many on the official forums, not just by me.

18 minutes ago, Noooch said:

If you are talking about the last MSFS update, the problem is still there.

And on Youtube you will see only touchdowns with auto-throttle engaged.

Go and try to land without auto-throttle, you will see what a mess it is, this is an issue reported by many on the official forums, not just by me.

Don’t most operators IRL land with auto-throttle engaged anyway. Am not saying it doesn’t need to be fixed just not an immersion killer for me.

• Like 1

I fly the A320 constantly, agreed there was an issue around 50ft, but i have found its gone recently. I never use Auto throttle on landing.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Same here. I only fly the a320 and manually land from 2500ft with no autothrottle engaged. The plane takes some getting used to but I can land it fine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Certainly not if their charging more than $20 USD for it.

There is still a difference between an A320 NEO and an A318,19,20,21 .