Sign in to follow this  
UKflyer

A320 V0.3.0 mod released

53 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Ok, possibly a fair point, but why are you cutting a/t off? That’s not really how the Airbus is meant to be flown.

It is at a lot of airlines,google Children of the Magenta.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Just now, BIGSKY said:

It is at a lot of airlines,google Children of the Magenta.

I am aware of, and agree with a lot of the concern over the perceived inability of pilots to deal with lack of automation.  As far as I'm aware, most pilots prefer to land the plane with the stick manually, what I haven't seen much of is disconnecting the autothrottles routinely landing in a normal flight situation on an Airbus.  That is something you do in Boeings however.  Now, I am just a civilian, if an actual Airbus jockey comes here and tells me I'm wrong, I'm happy to shut up about it.

34 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

I am aware of, and agree with a lot of the concern over the perceived inability of pilots to deal with lack of automation.  As far as I'm aware, most pilots prefer to land the plane with the stick manually, what I haven't seen much of is disconnecting the autothrottles routinely landing in a normal flight situation on an Airbus.  That is something you do in Boeings however.  Now, I am just a civilian, if an actual Airbus jockey comes here and tells me I'm wrong, I'm happy to shut up about it.

It all depends on company rules.  For example my friend fly for American Airliners he shoots all approaches and land manually with autothrottle   per AA rules. So it's no much preference as requirement.

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

The answer about why I prefer to land with A/T off is because I prefer to have full control of the aircraft, especially with strong winds, the sense of accomplishment is bigger and the feeling way more immersive.

It is all about personal preferences.

In fact my point was why the FlyByWire team didn't address this first? Maybe this simply can't be done from a technical point of view but I am not an expert.

I would be grateful if someone could answer it.

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

It all depends on company rules.

Precisely. There is no leeway to switch on/off Auto Throttle because the pilot flying prefers to fly manually or otherwise. Policy is dictated by the airline flight ops dept and deviation will result in an uncomfortable meeting with the Chief Pilot.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

3 minutes ago, Noooch said:

In fact my point was why the FlyByWire team didn't address this first? Maybe this simply can't be done from a technical point of view.

Yes, this is linked to core files which they don’t have easy access to apparently.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

While I allow that company rules certainly could allow it, I’m willing to bet that there are zero airlines that say “sure, just flip off the auto throttle at 500 feet” in an airbus which is specifically engineered to use the a/t from runway to runway.  Again, happy to hear from real pilots on this.

just like the racing simmers I know that insist on using the clutch for gear changes in modern gt3 race cars.  “It gives me a sense of driving...”. Fine, but you’re slower now.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, raymar said:

I suggest you look a little harder.  Your Community Folder should be in existence.  Having a duplicate will most like create some confusion among your files.

Ray

thanks, I found an empty Community folder under the root of the main install folder

is there a way to verify I'm using the mod though?

17 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

While I allow that company rules certainly could allow it, I’m willing to bet that there are zero airlines that say “sure, just flip off the auto throttle at 500 feet” in an airbus which is specifically engineered to use the a/t from runway to runway

At Lufthansa it is forbidden to use A/T when the autopilot is turned off. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

14 hours ago, LarsA said:

And for me, the question is - is the A320neo now able to calculate the TOD correctly and will it follow the altitudes in the MCDU now?!!! 

These were the biggest showstopper for me... 

Sadly, no. Altitudes in the MCDU are still a bit of a mess and TOD is always way earlier than it should be...

MCDU still won’t allow you to delete waypoints or move them around properly, either.

That’s not to take away from what is an outstanding piece of work by this team. I’m sure they will fix these issues in time. (I’m reminded again that the Aerosoft Airbus had very similar issues with altitudes at launch!)

James

1 hour ago, carlito777 said:

At Lufthansa it is forbidden to use A/T when the autopilot is turned off. 

Well, sorry to contradict you but this is only true on Boeing.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Just now, David Roch said:

Well, sorry to contradict you but this is only true on Boeing.

Would be great to hear from an actual Lufthansa pilot on this. From what I have read, this also applies to the Airbus at Lufthansa. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Great job but still had ridiculous nose up attitude on final when fully configured.  Is this a known issue?

Thomas Derbyshire

18 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Would be great to hear from an actual Lufthansa pilot on this. From what I have read, this also applies to the Airbus at Lufthansa. 

If I recall correctly, David is a retired Capt. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator