Sign in to follow this  
UKflyer

A320 V0.3.0 mod released

Just now, cmpbellsjc said:

If I recall correctly, David is a retired Capt. 

Yeah. But his profile says "retired 747-400 captain". And what airline? That doesn't help... 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Just now, carlito777 said:

Yeah. But his profile says "retired 747-400 captain". And what airline? That doesn't help... 

That’s why I didn’t didn’t mention equipment or airline because I couldn’t remember. That being said, typically people who are in the business for a long time as he has been, know a lot of pilots for other airlines and accumulate knowledge. The gist of it, was that he probably has a good idea due to his prior career, accumulated knowledge and length of service.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

25 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

That’s why I didn’t didn’t mention equipment or airline because I couldn’t remember. That being said, typically people who are in the business for a long time as he has been, know a lot of pilots for other airlines and accumulate knowledge. The gist of it, was that he probably has a good idea due to his prior career, accumulated knowledge and length of service.

I wouldn't question that. But Lufthansa has different SOPs than other airlines. And therefore I would be interested to hear from a Lufthansa A3XX pilot. There is one in the AVSIM forum who is part of the IXEG development team (@Janov). Maybe he can chime in. 

Edited by carlito777

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

1 hour ago, carlito777 said:

Would be great to hear from an actual Lufthansa pilot on this. From what I have read, this also applies to the Airbus at Lufthansa. 

Fair enough ;).
But you are wrong, it is perfectly allowed to land with AT on and AP off, no matter the company.

I can affirm you that we can also land with AP off and AT off, which is a normal procedure in windy conditions.
But you will NEVER land with AP on and AT off, NEVER.
This is a BIG no no, across Airbus and Boeing alike.

Maybe is it what you meant, Carlito.
(And please allow me not to tell my life on a public forum, I'm not sure it has any interest)

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

On 9/26/2020 at 10:02 AM, David Roch said:

Not FSLabs level for sure yet but overtaking Aerosoft's IMO.

Your standards must be considerably lower than mine.

The roll rate is totally off, as is the climb power and speed management.

19 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Wow, this mod is overtaking Aerosoft's A320? Does anybody else who has used Aerosoft's A320 think this?

Certainly not me. That statement is just hyperbolic rubbish.

37 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Certainly not me. That statement is just hyperbolic rubbish.

The Aerosoft A320 was not better 1,5 month after release. One should be comparing apples to apples. 

10 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

The Aerosoft A320 was not better 1,5 month after release. One should be comparing apples to apples. 

It most certainly was better. In all regards.

Not to mention that it is of little consequence how the Aerosoft Airbus WAS some 5 years ago, but rather how it is today. Because that was the statement of the poster. That they think that this is overtaking the the Aerosoft Airbus now.

And that is just nonsense.

Edited by Farlis

Hello, maybe it's mentioned before but, when I download this 320 mod, does it overwrite the default a320 or will an extra a320 appear in the aircraft selection ?

13 minutes ago, Rene777 said:

Hello, maybe it's mentioned before but, when I download this 320 mod, does it overwrite the default a320 or will an extra a320 appear in the aircraft selection ?

It just adds functionalities to the default, it will not add a new model.

Edited by Farlis

Had a good flight except for the moment when the plane tried to Apollo 5 and stalled when engaging the AP after take off.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

22 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Had a good flight except for the moment when the plane tried to Apollo 5 and stalled when engaging the AP after take off.

Colonel,

Could you explain how the Apollo 5 performance could be compared to an A320 takeoff profile performance? I seem to remember the engines in the Service Module was only test fired while in orbit and performed flawlessly.

Just curious.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

It went something like this... Flaps 1, thrust to TO/GA, V1, rotate, V2, positive climb, gear up, manual flying for about 15 seconds, engage AP (speed, heading and altitude on managed), thrust set to CL, Airbus pitches up to 60°, I wait if it will settle, it doesn't, STALL, STALL, cabin covered in vomit, people sending goodbye messages, disengage AP, manual flying for 1 minute, engage AP, perfect rest of flight with ILS landing.

Edited by Colonel X
  • Like 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I see the same response. Very slow to react when engaging AP. This is with everything stable. The engines and Pitch seem to take too long to respond. Comparing to or Quaification: FSL aibuses, Toliss airbusses and Aerosoft airbusses.