Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch..

I hope you have filled a bug with Asobo through Zendesk. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

32 minutes ago, psolk said:

10+ years and people are still debating which "version" of P3D to use hoping each one solves the prior one's problems without breaking compatibility or introducing new issues yet after 10+ years they still have the same issue as a 2 month old product and people have the gall to come and criticize a practically brand new team and product for struggling with what LM has been battling for years... 

No issues with P3Dv4 nor with P3Dv5....I have stated it multiple times at the P3D forum :

The stability of your hardware + the stability of your software = the stability of your Sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Which LoDRadius?   Terrain or Objects?  From my testing of LoDRadius performance dropped to 7 FPS around KLAX and 26GB VRAM usage (per my other screehshots).  They claim the patch didn't change anything with LoDRadius and yet when I set it from 2.000000 to 9.000000 I don't get the same visual results as I did prior to this patch (I can do side by side video if anyone is interested).  Maybe it's all being limited server side, if so, then say so.  Asobo CEO did say he "saw something" but I wasn't entirely sure if it was in reference to this issue of LoDRadius or not - very vague?

The twitch stream didn't really answer anything absolute and no commitments or delivery dates, just lost of "that's a good idea", "we'll fix it", "more to come" (heard it all before) ... and Jorg goes on to say they have almost 200 people working on it followed by "it takes time" (per Jorg interview the project started in 2016) ... and yet 3 patches later the product is worse than it started.  

It felt like the Twitch stream was more an emergency response to what clearly is many users having significant issues with each patch that comes out.

Cheers, Rob.

I just finished watching the stream, and basically feel the same way...TODAY.  But...because I have other sims to go to...I am now, in my mind, and needs,  going to NOT use this sim in its current condition, but...will let perhaps 10 updates get passed down, before I update at that time, and see what MSFS is all about once more.  I was happy to hear that the U.S. (and I assume, Canada) will be given the kiss treatment sometime in November...so...that should be there waiting for me, 6 or more months from now.  So...not throwing the baby out with the bathwater...just draining the tub...and will let MSFS 'mature' with  evolving patches, until I read on the forums...that most of the current, or to be seen 'bugs', have been squashed.   I wish MSFS much, much success and longevity.  So...today,  it is...what it is...and hope that the backlog,  the wish list, and the 'we are on it' does come to fruition.

Cheers, all! 🙂

21 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I would love more than anything to see MS stop with all this PR and focus all their energy on the facts, issues, and user requests.  They seem more focused on PR and damaged control via PR than actually provide fixes and what we all want for a better flight simulator.

agreed

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

Because some of us grew up and understand how long it takes for software testing and bug replication to take place.  I've worked in software development most of my adult life, (when I wasn't working on Navy Reactors) and I know both as a software tester, test case developer and customer support technician that fixes take time and effort.

It has been six weeks since release with thee patches and a real world update   Perhaps you forget it took over a YEAR for FSX to get it's first update.  FSX got a total of two..  FS9 got only ONE.  

This product is miles ahead of either of those products in terms of both complexity and the need to incorporate realistic client server connections to be able to have real time access to 2 petabytes of scenery data.

I am tolerant of Microsoft because I know the job they have in front of them.  I know what it's like to try and fix bugs on incomplete or bad bug reports.  I know the challenges to trying to replicate behavior that only occurs sporadically or under certain specific configurations.

Most of all I am tolerant because I never in a million years thought we would see a flight simulator product with the fidelity that MSFS has out of the box.  Nor did I expect Microsoft to leverage their investments in their other technologies (azure, Bing, etc) to cater to what is at best a fringe, niche user base.    And as an adult, I don't expect that type of product to be perfect out of the gate, and I don't expect it to be fixed in 6 weeks or less.

With FSX every default plane was flyable without issues...

With MSFS not everything worked at start because of the rush of release, but that is ok.

After that with each patch more is broken than fixed. And Asobo/MS, instead of fixing the most important issues they fix several and concentrate on world scenery packages ...

And now they have taken LOD away to improve performance..

If they put less energy in the hype and put more energy on fixing serious issues then a lot of users would be very happy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just now, GSalden said:

With MSFS not everything worked at start because of the rush of release, but that is ok.

After that with each patch more is broken than fixed. And Asobo/MS, instead of fixing the most important issues they fix several and concentrate on world scenery packages ...

If they put less energy in the hype and put more energy on fixing serious issues then a lot of users would be very happy.

The LOD issue is a bug. It was not intentional. They said the performance gain were due to offloading mainthread workload to other cores. If you are going to complain about something at least get the facts right. There was also a lot of improvement since day 1 and a lot more needs to happen but please don't claim there has been no improvement. That's 100% false 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

And now they have taken LOD away to improve performance

I really think you need to do your homework.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

The LOD issue is a bug. It was not intentional. They said the performance gain were due to offloading mainthread workload to other cores. If you are going to complain about something at least get the facts right. There was also a lot of improvement since day 1 and a lot more needs to happen but please don't claim there has been no improvement. That's 100% false 

If you take a look at the official MSFS forum you can read what I mean...

Judge a company on what they deliver and not on what the claim it will be ..

3 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

I really think you need to do your homework.

That is exactly what I think about you ..

17 minutes ago, GSalden said:

No issues with P3Dv4 nor with P3Dv5....

If v5 has no issues then why are so many people sticking with v4.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Agree 100%

Dunno why Asobo likes cosmetic stuff only and keep on ignoring huge simulation flaws.

On top on that, that’s now crystal clear, Asobo deeply hates the ATC, the most bugged piece of software of the video game history after Ghosts’n’Goblin alpha version.

Just now, GSalden said:

If you take a look at the official MSFS forum you can read what I mean...

Judge a company on what they deliver and not on what the claim it will be ..

I think you only see what you want to see. It's called confirmation bias. They have been saying since as far as I remember that it was a 10 years journey. Yet everyone wants everything right F... now. Some of the avsim members needs to go back to P3D or XP11 and come back later if you cannot live with the current state of the sim. In the meantime, we have what we have. They said they were prioritizing their backlog back on community feedback on what is the most important bugs to fix. They are listening and they are working the best that they can. Yet all you guys do is word not allowed on them at every little things...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, GSalden said:

No issues with P3Dv4 nor with P3Dv5....I have stated it multiple times at the P3D forum :

The stability of your hardware + the stability of your software = the stability of your Sim.

Ah, so ALL those people having issues with P3D are "personal" issues and there are No Issues with P3DV4 or V5?  Then why are people waiting for 5.0HF2 or 5.1?  At least be honest and realistic...

6 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Again, a load of incorrect information splattered with opinion not facts.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 minutes ago, GSalden said:

That is exactly what I think about you ..

Ha, the old I am rubber you are glue defense...  Now we are getting to the level of our Presidential debate last night LMBO

• Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

I think you only see what you want to see. It's called confirmation bias. They have been saying since as far as I remember that it was a 10 years journey. Yet everyone wants everything right F... now. Some of the avsim members needs to go back to P3D or XP11 and come back later if you cannot live with the current state of the sim. In the meantime, we have what we have. They said they were prioritizing their backlog back on community feedback on what is the most important bugs to fix. They are listening and they are working the best that they can. Yet all you guys do is word not allowed on them at every little things...

Come on. You really have such low expectations of MSFS.

The SDK is so simple that no complex addon aircraft can work with it. Default jetliners have stutters in the outside view.

You simply cannot have all eyecandy and also have complex aircraft and the smoothest performance...

Just be realistic...