Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

The 5 Stages Of Avsim/MSFS Grief

Stage 1: Shock and Denial

I thought this was the sim to end all sims. The marketing made it look like everything was perfect. This isn't happening!

Stage 2: Anger

I'm done with this sim! What a POS! Going back to P3D!

Stage 3: Bargaining

Maybe I should have bought a better PC. I'll do anything to get a few more frames!!!

Stage 4: Depression

It's hopeless. MSFS was made for the consoles anyway. Can't do nothing about it.

Stage 5: Acceptance

MSFS will improve over time. It'll be great in a year, or so.

• Like 12

Sadly not everybody reaches Stage 5 😄

• Like 4

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Best summary I can imagine. I'm between 4 and 5. The benefit, I will probably postpone the remaining part of 3 (buying RTX 3070) by a couple of months, my wife will appreciate. 

The disppointment for me was apart from a few issues with the A320 of which i fly all the time (Flybywire updates) the sim worked well the past week or so. Now whilst i realise any update by Asobo will cause issues to that modification every time, what i cannot accept is the bugs that continually come with every new patch. The latest being the VF Map, Airports with no detail (UK 200 Bristol), which has lost all it's definition and buildings are just whitel) CTD's constantly again, external view camera just takes off scrolling madly. Even after removing any freeware from the community folder all these issues still persist.

Now having spent over £100 on the premium Deluxe version i expect by the 3rd patch to be able to fly.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I'll just write "word not allowed" to save the moderators the trouble. 

• Like 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Stage 6 - WHAT have they done with the latest patch butchering the LOD?? :wink:

• Like 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

11 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Stage 6 - WHAT have they done with the latest patch butchering the LOD?? :wink:

I suspect many (the majority?) will end-up flip-flopping between stage five and your stage six 😁

• Like 1

The last stage is : maturity.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Easy solution: Consider it Early Access. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I never thought 1.  I thought it would be better than xplane and p3d and I still do. (I'm talking the core sim... toliss etc are not laminar)   I do intend on flying xplane again but truth is I havent since launch .. and i have flown in mfs everyday . I think that says how I feel about the sim better than anything else. 

I would say I have gone through light versions of all the stages.  I expect all trailers to only show the best stuff. I was disappointed in the sim but never angry.  I'd say im at step 5. 

I think sims can have good planes AND look good. I think the sim is worth supporting. And I have faith that as long as asobo keeps working on the sim it will get better .  (Anyone wanting to ask why I have faith, please google "faith")... this is  where I personally stand 

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

How about Stage 0: This is a game like every other word not allowed game like X-Plane, P3D, DCS, Call of Duty etc. Enjoy it or don't.

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Stage 5: Acceptance

MSFS will improve over time. It'll be great in a year, or so.

I've been trying to accelerate Stage 5 by fixing some things myself using the developer tools. I've removed random building complexes in the middle of the woods in my neighborhood, adding missing features like radio towers, replacing wrong buildings with ones closer to reality, etc. It's a lot of work, but I enjoy it. Unfortunately there are other things I can't easily fix, like the very poor quality of the aerial photography in my area (I would have to replace many many square miles of scenery), all these old and new bugs, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, travelabroad said:

I don't feel any of these... or am I still in Stage 1?

You're still downloading....

Edited by ThomseN_inc
  • Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Nice set of stages. What I like is the passion that is expressed by other posters for simming flight using an admittedly "open" beta format of the Micosoft/Asobo kind. I did not go through the stages mentioned, quickly surmising that it was probably a fantasy to hope that it was "finished" upon release, only to realize that no flying sim. Not XP, not P3D is ever "finished." Yes, the patches undoing as much as they fix is annoying, but that is the nature of something so complex, well, it's what we must get used to. Still, the baseline beauty of this monster astounds and amazes even as it drives us all to red-faced cursing. As the mob used to say, "It's the life we've chosen."

United001

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes.