Sign in to follow this  
MattNischan

Release: Working Title CJ4 0.3.1 (MSFS 1.9.3 Compatible)

Nice!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Amazing work from the team. My fav aircraft right now.

tpewpb-6.png

56 minutes ago, FNAL said:

Want to give everyone an update on our progress.  Things have slowed a little bit due to real world work, sickness, and complexity of our upcoming tasks.  We are aiming to push this next patch 0.4.0 on Friday and I think you will love it as it brings lots of quality of life changes such as:

This looks amazing, thanks.  I have a small item, is there some way you guys can cut back on the cabin lighting?  It's doesn't really work and the only thing I can think of is to maybe cut back on some of it, move the smaller amount in a certain areas of the cabin, and/or only have the smaller amount of light come on if you turn the middle dome light on.  Right now at night it looks like FS2k2 in the back.  As I've done this before with various models positioning is key.  I found the cabin lighting settings.  I'll make some adjustments and see what I come up with.

Edited by Dillon
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, FNAL said:

Want to give everyone an update on our progress.  Things have slowed a little bit due to real world work, sickness, and complexity of our upcoming tasks.  We are aiming to push this next patch 0.4.0 on Friday and I think you will love it as it brings lots of quality of life changes .  .  .

Great news on the progress, sorry to hear about the illness, and setbacks.  Is a tutorial video still in our near future?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

With the upcoming revised fuel flow, what is the max endurance and range?  Anything close to the Flight Planning Guide?  

630585650_2627.JPG.4542bc5c0df8f8624c543b905371b2fb.JPG

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

is there some way you guys can cut back on the cabin lighting?

They just introduced cabin lighting. the Default was pitch black dark. It`s 100% better now.

tpewpb-6.png

Max Endurance will be best glide or L/D Max (what that value is....I can't recall off the top of my head, I will have to look it up)  Endurance doesn't change with altitude with a jet, fuel flow is simply a factor of indicated airspeed and weight.  Best range will probably be (assuming no wind) at 45000 and mach .72 or something like that.  From my testing, the fuel flows and TAS match the real world.  You should be able to true out at 420-430kts (depending on ISA temps) at FL450 at around 550-600pph per engine fuel flow.

Edited by FNAL
  • Like 1

It will nice to be able to plan flights that resemble the published missions. If enough of us keep notes on performance we should be able to get a good idea of the accuracy the new CJ4 performance curves. 

46 minutes ago, raymar said:

Great news on the progress, sorry to hear about the illness, and setbacks.  Is a tutorial video still in our near future?

Regards,

Ray

Yes, tutorial video is still in the near future.  I was waiting on the legs page issues to be sorted before I did it because those will be some of the more used features of the FMS and it makes sense to wait for them to be working.  There's a lot to cover though and unfortunately, my work schedule will have me gone for pretty much the next 7 days so don't expect any videos from me until at least then.  

• Like 2

SlOW!?! You call it slow? You are delivering study level product in front of us on daily basis and it progress is no way in hell near slow! Thank you so much guys!👍🏻

Edited by BackboneOne
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, raymar said:

With the upcoming revised fuel flow, what is the max endurance and range?  Anything close to the Flight Planning Guide?  

@raymar Is the source of the guide that you posted above publicly available? I've been unable to find it online. 

3 hours ago, RW1 said:

They just introduced cabin lighting. the Default was pitch black dark. It`s 100% better now.

It seems Asobo modeled the cabin but you can't actually move into the cabin from the flight deck, unless I'm missing something.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It seems Asobo modeled the cabin but you can't actually move into the cabin from the flight deck, unless I'm missing something.

that is correct

6 hours ago, FNAL said:

The thrust changes have changed several things: Taxiing on the ground should be easier since there is enough thrust at idle to keep momentum, the aircraft flies smoother on approach and the N1 values reflect real world performance (Approach N1 target is ~55%), the overall performance is more accurate to how a turbine engine works

First: Amazing job!

Sorry, I am too tired to comprehend what that actual means for general performance. 😄 Does that improve the insane thrust of the aircraft? I feel like I could fly to moon with this bird.

6 hours ago, FNAL said:

Gear drag has been added (basically non-existent before)

Wow, ASOBO really made this as real as it gets. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved