Sign in to follow this  
MattNischan

Release: Working Title CJ4 0.3.1 (MSFS 1.9.3 Compatible)

Good morning all,

Welcome to the latest update of the Working Title CJ4 (v0.3.1). This is still very much a beta. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release. This update focuses on compatibility with MSFS 1.9.3, but also includes a few new features and quality of life updates as well. The install instructions are simple: download the zip file and drag the workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder into your community folder. Important: Please remove all other CJ4 mods prior to installing. Due to structural changes in 1.9.3, you must also completely delete the current workingtitle-aircraft-cj4 folder before copying the new release. 

Download: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.3.1

Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the Assets, which include a zip titled 'workingtitle-aircraft-cj4-v0.3.1.zip' - that's the mod.

Changelog:

Key Features

• Now compatible with MSFS 1.9.3

FPLN Page

• Incorrect page numbering has been fixed
  • Added colors to selected SIDS/Runways for DEP page only (WIP due to 1.9.3 patch)
  • Added ability to insert waypoints in the middle of the flight plan
  • Fixed issue where FPLN would always return to page 1 after EXEC

DEP/ARR Page

• Executing a change doesn’t move you away from the page
  • Improved formatting

LEGS Page

• Adjusted layout and colors to better match the real unit

TUNE Page

• Fixed issue where nav radios would not update the sim radios on update

PFD/MFD

• Adjusted font size, color, and spacing for better readability and accuracy (still a WIP)

PFD

• Added DME readout for VORs
  • Changed to use correct colors (Magenta for FMS, green for ground NAVAIDS)
  • Changed formatting of VOR info block to match the correct layout and element spacing

Aircraft Exterior Model

• Aircraft lights have been updated in style to add some lens flaring, brighter visibility, and textures (thanks @Uwajimaya)

Known Issues

• You cannot currently select Direct-To of a fix on your approach that is not the initial approach fix. This is a limitation of the sim flightplan system at present. We are investigating solutions to this issue.
  • After using Direct-To, the navigation will not always automatically sequence to the next fix and may enter ROL mode. You can re-activate NAV to navigate to the next fix if you encounter this issue.
  • The aircraft is still using the built-in MSFS autopilot (for now). All the existing limitations of that still apply. It does behave a bit better with the various enhancements applied.
  • TUN page doesn't update automatically when radios are updated externally - reopening the TUN page will reflect these changes.
  • Performance pages don't currently have input error handling for wind, temp or QNH. These values must be entered correctly and completely in the proper format for the page to work. Note that valid wind directions are 001 through 360 as of now.
  • FLC stability appears to have regressed with the autopilot aircraft energy calculation changes in 1.9.3. We have attempted tuning the autopilot PIDs but as of right now the behavior of the underlying sim FLC PID itself seems to be at issue. We will continue to investigate.
  • The sim flight plan fix loader performance has significantly regressed with 1.9.3. You may experience a large delay (15-20 seconds) when adding your first fix to the FPLN page. We are aware of the issue, and although the regression is in game code and not aircraft code, we are looking for ways to make the fact that it is working in the background more obvious.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 1

I am trying to master the A320 at the moment but this will be the next plane I attempt to undertand.

Any views on the best CJ4 tutorial videos?

Thanks

CJ

30 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

I am trying to master the A320 at the moment but this will be the next plane I attempt to undertand.

Any views on the best CJ4 tutorial videos?

Thanks

CJ

I was thinking of making a tutorial on how to fly the CJ4 because most of the tutorials shown are for the default aircraft.  I might make the video today.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, FNAL said:

I was thinking of making a tutorial on how to fly the CJ4 because most of the tutorials shown are for the default aircraft.  I might make the video today.

That would be VERY cool , thank you very much. You have to speak like Drawyah though as his voice is so relaxing.

CJ

With all these patches been wondering if would make sense to change the file name to match the patch name/# ? That way these will correspond and save lots of people with ?'s about why things don't work?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

39 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

With all these patches been wondering if would make sense to change the file name to match the patch name/# ? That way these will correspond and save lots of people with ?'s about why things don't work?

Do you mean label with the MSFS version?

CJ-4 autopilot has problem with longitudinal stability. Airplane keep pitching up and down 😞

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

PFD nav info is much easier to read, thanks for that!

1) The phugoid oscillation with FLC climb mode and GS is back and worse than ever. I think that`s what was mentioned:

"The aircraft is still using the built-in MSFS autopilot (for now)"

"FLC stability appears to have regressed with the autopilot aircraft energy calculation changes in 1.9.3. We have attempted tuning the autopilot PIDs but as of right now the behavior of the underlying sim FLC PID itself seems to be at issue. We will continue to investigate. "

2) Co-pilot is no longer handling the radios. Activating the option simply changes my voice to a more (pleasant?) female voice, but she doesn`t want to talk. Maybe she gave up on ATC like me? lol

3) Other stuff:

-1/2 Bank is still not showing on PFD and the tool-tip (on/off) label is still reversed.

-Approach minimums not displaying/no call-outs.

-No Radar Altimeter.

Edited by joca133
Added Co-Pilot radio issues introduced after the mod was installed.

36 minutes ago, FNAL said:

Do you mean label with the MSFS version?

Corresponding - e.g. CJ4-V3-1.9.3 or similar

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

55 minutes ago, joca133 said:

1) The phugoid oscillation with FLC climb mode and GS is back and worse than ever. I think that`s what was mentioned:

That is what we were mentioning, yes.

55 minutes ago, joca133 said:

2) Co-pilot is no longer handling the radios. Activating the option simply changes my voice to a more (pleasant?) female voice, but she doesn`t want to talk. Maybe she gave up on ATC like me? lol

That may be related to the change we made to allow the nav radios to actually sync to the rest of the sim. I didn't try that with the co-pilot option. The functionality was definitely bugged to begin with, so there may still be more work there to do to clean up what was broken in the stock aircraft.

57 minutes ago, joca133 said:

-1/2 Bank is still not showing on PFD and the tool-tip (on/off) label is still reversed.

This one should be pretty easy but wasn't on our list.

58 minutes ago, joca133 said:

-Approach minimums not displaying/no call-outs.

-No Radar Altimeter.

These two are much more involved: anytime we have to make wholesale functionality changes to the PFD it is quite difficult. All the jets in the game share the same PFD code with some styling tweaks. As a result, it is likely that these items will not be on the near-term list to tackle for the time being until most of the core functionality is more solid.

If you would like to officially report these issues, feel free to drop some issues into our GitHub Issues: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues