Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Carenado Mooney Update

If I don't open door or touch visors it works for me without crash at the moment. Also I'm using GNS530 mod that works perfectly 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Yes the Mooney isn't totally broken by any means. Just stay away from a couple of things and it's fine. Can work around the altitude button bug with some key mappings on my stick.

Latest Don'tCarenado cop-out on their support page (i.e. Facebook): 

Microsoft Flight Simulator Update (1.11.6.0)
After yesterday's update, Microsoft again leaves our planes with problems.
We are working on the PA44 Seminole to correct the window, door and sunvisor issues (reported issues thus far).
Regarding the M20R Ovation, the package was sent to Microsoft last week and it is up to them when they upload it. Apparently they won't be doing it this week due to holidays.

Yeah, let's push the blame off on MS... again.  Saves us from having to do anything about it.  Instead we can focus on getting that new plane ready for release to make more money...We already have the dolt's money for the Mooney, we don't care about them.  90% of the new pigeons we sell our stuff to either don't know that touching certain things in the cockpit will CTD their sim...or heck, they probably only fly it in external view on their xBox's like they do with GTA anyway....so they will never notice that our products do not function as the minority of our customer base expect them to.   Even if they never bought another of our products in protest, would not even dent the profits we're making off MSFS and the hundreds of thousands of new unsuspecting marks we can target with our beautifully modeled planes. 🙄

That's how I perceive Don'tCarenado's view on providing updates to fix their broken products.  It may well be that they can't do anything about it and MS HAS to install the update...but if it were me, my company, my reputation, my commitment to customer service, I'd be finding a way to update my planes without MS's input.  To be honest, I do not see any deep hooks into the internal coding of the plane with the sim, or how its merged into the sim in any other way.  Even if it did, heck it's THIER plane, THEIR coding...why on earth can't they come up with an external patch that fixes the issues, or works around them?  Oh yeah....that would take time, time is money, and the only direction they want the money to flow from the Mooney project is to THEM...not back into the product to fix it...or if sim developer is dragging its feet with critical updates to THEIR product, find a creative way to circumnavigate the bureaucracy and red tape and fix the dahm thing themselves.

Sigh.....sorry to get worked up.  I just hate mediocracy, laziness, lack of pride...and Don'tCarenado should change its mission statement to include those words...seems to be very fitting from what I've experienced with them lately.  

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

And, couldnt they do hotfixes themselves, and provide it to us in a form of a file or folder that we would put in the community folder? If you can edit defautlt planes and files that way, surely they can do it too. (could be outside of the terms and conditions MS have them under) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Latest Don'tCarenado cop-out on their support page (i.e. Facebook): 

Microsoft Flight Simulator Update (1.11.6.0)
After yesterday's update, Microsoft again leaves our planes with problems.
We are working on the PA44 Seminole to correct the window, door and sunvisor issues (reported issues thus far).
Regarding the M20R Ovation, the package was sent to Microsoft last week and it is up to them when they upload it. Apparently they won't be doing it this week due to holidays.

Yeah, let's push the blame off on MS... again.  Saves us from having to do anything about it.  Instead we can focus on getting that new plane ready for release to make more money...We already have the dolt's money for the Mooney, we don't care about them.  90% of the new pigeons we sell our stuff to either don't know that touching certain things in the cockpit will CTD their sim...or heck, they probably only fly it in external view on their xBox's like they do with GTA anyway....so they will never notice that our products do not function as the minority of our customer base expect them to.   Even if they never bought another of our products in protest, would not even dent the profits we're making off MSFS and the hundreds of thousands of new unsuspecting marks we can target with our beautifully modeled planes. 🙄

That's how I perceive Don'tCarenado's view on providing updates to fix their broken products.  It may well be that they can't do anything about it and MS HAS to install the update...but if it were me, my company, my reputation, my commitment to customer service, I'd be finding a way to update my planes without MS's input.  To be honest, I do not see any deep hooks into the internal coding of the plane with the sim, or how its merged into the sim in any other way.  Even if it did, heck it's THIER plane, THEIR coding...why on earth can't they come up with an external patch that fixes the issues, or works around them?  Oh yeah....that would take time, time is money, and the only direction they want the money to flow from the Mooney project is to THEM...not back into the product to fix it...or if sim developer is dragging its feet with critical updates to THEIR product, find a creative way to circumnavigate the bureaucracy and red tape and fix the dahm thing themselves.

Sigh.....sorry to get worked up.  I just hate mediocracy, laziness, lack of pride...and Don'tCarenado should change its mission statement to include those words...seems to be very fitting from what I've experienced with them lately.  

It's funny how so many people think that all the issues with any addon can be fixed by clicking their heels together and everything will fix themselves, it is so easy, just takes a few seconds. In real life, it isn't so easy. Some issues can take weeks or months to track down the exact cause, especially when the core sim keeps changing with each update. I'm sure the developers are working hard every day to try to fix all the issues with all of their products. And it is logical sometimes to put the blame on MS. After all, the plane was working just fine during one build, then MS releases an updated build, and now the plane has issues. So how can WE say who is to blame? Just because it is a Carenado plane, and it has issues after a new FS build, why would we necessarily blame Carenado? And how can we, as customers, know how long it should take to fix every problem, when most of the people who complain have no idea how to write code to make these products come alive? One little issue can take lines and lines of code to look through or change just to find the issue, and fixing the code to fix the issue can easily break something else. We also have to take into account their workload and staffing. No company has unlimited resources to release bug free products, and when an issue arises, not everyone drops everything they are doing to fix that issue. Their are other products in the works, there is research being done, there is planning being done, and a host of other things going on, not just one aircraft, with one issue, for everyone to work on. I'm sure they are very concerned about their reputation and commitment to their customers. Who wouldn't be. Just because an issue isn't fixed overnight doesn't mean that they are not aware of it and actively doing something about it. And I'm sure they aren't being lazy about it. They just require time to figure out what is causing the issue, and need to figure out what the fix for it will be, and to implement the fix without it breaking anything else. If it were so easy to fix every issue with every product, all of our addons would be bug free. If one product didn't interact with any other product, it would be easy to fix any issue. Everyone really needs to take the time to look at the whole picture before criticizing any developer for not caring, for taking too long, for not prioritizing each issue in the same order as we want, and for releasing products with any kind of issue. All of these products we have are very complex, takes tons of planning and development, and lots of teamwork to get what we are offered. Be thankful that we have such detailed and complex addons. If we keep being so hard and impatient to these developers, we could end up seeing a decline in what is available. If I was a developer, I wouldn't put up with so much of this complaining. If the customer is not going to be thankful for what I am providing, then I will just move on to another interest. But if the customer is considerate, I would do everything I know how to try to fix any issue that arises. I see how violent these forums get sometimes and it just makes me wonder how these developers have the heart and desire to continue on producing these amazing addons, only to be yelled at and cursed at by this community.

• Like 4

There is a concept in programming called "exception handling" which most modern programming languages have some form of.

Why should interacting with something in an aircraft cockpit ever cause the entire sim to CTD?  Asobo should have wrapped things like that with exception handling such that the user gets a useful error message (which can be reported to Asobo and the aircraft developer), and the rest of the sim keeps on humming.

Sure, things like the altitude knob and sun visors still wouldn't work, and users would have a valid complaint.  But at least it wouldn't CTD.

Imagine how much of a pain it must be to debug an aircraft with the CTDs, having to reload the entire sim from scratch after every CTD during testing!  It just don't make any sense, wouldn't they have wanted some kind of error handling from the start just to make their own lives bearable while creating the stock aircraft????

It may well be that they can't do anything about it and MS HAS to install the update...but if it were me, my company, my reputation, my commitment to customer service, I'd be finding a way to update my planes without MS's input. 

They have a legal agreement with Microsoft as an official Marketplace seller and providing 'sideloaded' updates may be forbidden by the agreement.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I have to laugh at all the 'I'm going back to X' comments all the time. 😄  They are pathetic.  It is like listening to children having a tantrum. 

🎵 Go on now go, walk out the door, just turn around now, your not welcome any more! 🎵

Be frustrated yes, and vent your disappointment.  Even ask for help or try to work it through.  But above all, we all need to have a bit of patience.

Until some people grow up, I'm going back to...    ...MSFS to do some flying.  I won't be flying west at sundown though, as pulling the sun visor down crashes my plane for some reason. 😆 

But!...

🎵 I will survive!...  I will survi-hive! 🎵

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

42 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

. I'm sure they are very concerned about their reputation and commitment to their customers. Who wouldn't be. Just because an issue isn't fixed overnight doesn't mean that they are not aware of it and actively doing something about it. And I'm sure they aren't being lazy about it. They just require time to figure out what is causing the issue, and need to figure out what the fix for it will be, and to implement the fix without it breaking anything else. 

Basically you respond on someone's assomption with your own assumption. Unless you affiliated with Careno your assumption as good as anyone else! LOL

Fact! HSI works in PA44  from day one. Same HSI is been broken in Mooney for weeks. So the fact of the matter is that Carenado knows how to fix it but it wasn't priority to push timely fix for that. Instead it's been delayed for unknown reason and priority

Fact! CTD does take precedence over anything else in any software development cycle, but not in Carenado world. And again Seminole rushed with bugs instead to wait for another fix.

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I have to laugh at all the 'I'm going back to X' comments all the time. 😄  They are pathetic.  It is like listening to children having a tantrum. 

🎵 Go on now go, walk out the door, just turn around now, your not welcome any more! 🎵

Be frustrated yes, and vent your disappointment.  Even ask for help or try to work it through.  But above all, we all need to have a bit of patience.

Until some people grow up, I'm going back to...    ...MSFS to do some flying.  I won't be flying west at sundown though, as pulling the sun visor down crashes my plane for some reason. 😆 

But!...

🎵 I will survive!...  I will survi-hive! 🎵

I would like to fly the MSFS world without a CTD, yes I would love to! Or in my Pmdg / Fslabs airliner!

Don't understand me wrong! I would do immediately if possible.

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

Simple fact: PA44 was pushed to the market without delays because it makes money, Mooney patch is not! 🙂

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

I would like to fly the MSFS world without a CTD, yes I would love to! Or in my Pmdg / Fslabs airliner!

Don't understand me wrong! I would do immediately if possible.

You can fly in MSFS Rob as you know, but with limitations currently of course due to the bugs; but you can fly.  

I take note about what causes the CTD's now, and they will be ironed out when MS/Asobo/Carenado get their act together.

I admit MSFS is a bit like the old joke 'Doctor, it hurts when I press my knee', [Doctor] 'Don't press it then!' 😄

So stability and functionality is a bit of a joke at the moment, but if you avoid the pitfalls, it is also a lot of fun which you will be missing in the meantime.  👍

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

You can fly in MSFS Rob as you know, but with limitations currently of course due to the bugs; but you can fly.  

I take note about what causes the CTD's now, and they will be ironed out when MS/Asobo/Carenado get their act together.

I admit MSFS is a bit like the old joke 'Doctor, it hurts when I press my knee', [Doctor] 'Don't press it then!' 😄

So stability and functionality is a bit of a joke at the moment, but if you avoid the pitfalls, it is also a lot of fun which you will be missing in the meantime.  👍

Yes, I know had some great flights!

Have setup a whole panel with instruments on 2 other monitors via Air Manager for the Mooney M20R 😉Really like it because it is quite fast but only too bad it doesn't have anti ice, lot of times i get into icing situations (also a sport of course to avoid it) Would love to have the same kind of plane with anti ice systems.

But yesterday the mooney crash when I push the Alt knob and today when I pulled the Defrost button, so it is quite frustrating, so then I decide to come back in a while again in this sim!

Let's hope everything matures fast, because the sim looks great but we need of course great planes with it.

Edited by rob0203

Developers wouldn't be yelled or screamed at if they gave their add-ons for free.

Anyone who doesn't like what we the customers have to say, show us proof of purchase, because as a buyer, I expect more than just it will be fixed soon.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

So I got a CTD by pulling the defrost lever! Back to Prepar3d!

Bye.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White