Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

Another tool to organize your MSFS addons easily

1 hour ago, Bad_T said:

Alvega, thanks for the feedback. It looks like the program can not read correctly the manifest.json file that is inside the addon folder, maybe it contains something that the program was not expecting.

Could you please post the full content (text) of the manifest.json file, maybe it's an easy fix if it's just a problem of an unexpected entry.

btw it should work even if you have that message, that message only means the program can not read additional data about the mod (title, creator, version, ...)

Thank you.

Hi Bad_T,

Dunno what the problem was but I downloaded the files again and it's fixed now.

It would be nice if you could add a button to deactivate all and activate all in one click. It would be very useful when there is an MSFS patch and we want to deactivate all before patching.

Also, when we open more the left window (the addons window) it doesn't keep that size when we open the program again.

Thanks.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

This is great!

Although I really wish the built in Marketplace would show your add ons purchased outside the sim and show them as owned and when they are in need of an update!

Right now I have four different external add-on shortcuts to constantly run outside of the sim to check for updates and when I go in the Marketplace they are all listed to buy despite them already being purchased, downloaded and installed into the sim.

With 3rd party AC coming, weather programs and AI add-ons, I can see checking for updates becoming a full time job!

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 3

Chris Camp

Alvega, yep good suggestions thank you, both were quickly done so i published another little version (for the 'activate all' / 'deactivate all' you need to right click on the 'my addons' list) http://www.mediafire.com/file/tpeol7awt87mwmv/AddonLinker_Test_v1a.zip/file

Kilo60 : Thanks for the comment, and yep some stuff is a bit of a pain with MSFS, i think they just wanted to do too much stuff in too little time so pretty much every options could be a bit better thought out, anyway it will hopefully get better with time, the base foundation is certainly there to be great one day.

for some reason it seems i can't edit the first post anymore, so the link there will stay with the old version forever 😋

will leave soon and won't be around for the next 17-18 hours, hopefully everything will work as intended.

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

Alvega, yep good suggestions thank you, both were quickly done so i published another little version (for the 'activate all' / 'deactivate all' you need to right click on the 'my addons' list) http://www.mediafire.com/file/tpeol7awt87mwmv/AddonLinker_Test_v1a.zip/file

Thanks, that was fast. 😉

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi Bad_T

Very useful tool.

Personnally I made a tool using excel, with less ergonomy. But your tool is more user friendly.

Here are some enhancements I think useful of your tool:

- The possiblity to activate / deactivate all entries, or entries of a subdirectory ( This is done in you version 1a)
- The possibility to activate / deactivate using the keyboard Space bar
- When searching for a word, the possibility to activate / deactivate all found items in one click

Thanks again for this useful tool.

Patrice.

• Like 1

Patrice Dubois

Hello Bad_T,

thx for this tool ...

Can you explain me sth:

I have two sceneries which have a normal sceneryfolder (e.g. viaducdemillau) and then second one with CVT (viaducdemillau_CVT)

The second one conatins the structure scenery > global > scenery and contains some MODELLIB.bgls

However, your tool can't activate them obvisiously and I can't currently sayif there are any issues to have them not activated. Will check later.

Any idea about this?

Many thx!!

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any chance this program could be uploaded to Avism? When I click on the link from Media Fire, Malwarebytes reports (and blocks) the Media Fire website as a PUP.

It would be great if you could share this via the Avsim Library.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

This is funny, I was half way building an app just as yours for my own use. As yours seems to work just fine, I can stop programming now and spend my time on other projects I have in mind. Great job !

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

thanks for the comments guys.

Patrice :
- you can already activate/deactivate with the space bar (individual element) if the focus is set on the checkbox, you can move around with the arrow keys and select or unselect the checkbox with the spacebar
- i'll try to add an option to activate all the the visible (filtered) addons in a single operation

guenseli :
- not sure if i understood your problem correctly, but the tool should be able to enable any addons (based on its manifest.json file). It should not make any difference if the addon contains multiple subfolders folders or not, once the main folder is activated (the one with manifest.json) the sim will take care of processing all subfolders .. let me know if my reply does not make sense 🙃

flyblueskies :
- sorry, yeah those free upload site might be blocked sometimes when using agressive security tools (probably because they contain adds unless you use some adblocker) ... here's another link you can maybe try and hopefully won't be blocked .. let me know ..
http://www.filedropper.com/addonlinkertestv1a

Willy :
- ooops, well i also found out when my program was already completed that other tools were already doing the same kind of things (and if i knew i would probably not have done it), anyway not a bit deal, it's just for FUN .. and cool if this one meets your expectations

Edited by Bad_T

22 hours ago, fppilot said:

So are you merely using the equivalent of a shortcut?  Brilliant.  This could be a method to overcome the error some of us who installed from the Microsoft Store have with filepath and filename path length (# of characters) being too long for Windows.

Sorry for this off-topic post but I wanted to share the following link in case it helps you with the file path length issue: How to Make Windows 10 Accept File Paths Over 260 Characters.

• Like 1

I have the program up and running and it looks great, but it has a habit of deactivating some files shortly after I activate them, and this happens  repeatedly. In other words the program for some reason is not retaining the choices I make. Any ideas on what could be causing his?

Thanks.

Hi Bad_T,

What is missing also is activate all the items of a pointed folder (for example, all airports that are in a « airports » directory) provided we point to the folder name.

The 1a version allows activating all add-ons, but not those under a particular folder only.

As example, if I have a « Europe » folder, I could activate all the included add-ons for Europe in one action if I want to fly over Europe. And I could refine more by use of folders related to countries in Europe if I want to fly over a particular country, etc.

Thanks.

Patrice.

• Like 1

Patrice Dubois

Hello Bad_T

Your program is really useful. Thank you for sharing.
Easy to use, to understand. Bref, en un mot : parfait !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, patrice_bambou said:

What is missing also is activate all the items of a pointed folder (for example, all airports that are in a « airports » directory) provided we point to the folder name.

Great idea, I agree with this.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bad_T said:

thanks for the comments guys.

flyblueskies :
- sorry, yeah those free upload site might be blocked sometimes when using agressive security tools (probably because they contain adds unless you use some adblocker) ... here's another link you can maybe try and hopefully won't be blocked .. let me know ..
http://www.filedropper.com/addonlinkertestv1a

Thanks Bad_T! It does work without Malwarebytes complaining.

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5