Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 8th, 2020 - Development Update

Well, I hope we will see a lot more on the actual update than what we are seeing here. Update 5 also look disappointing

Highlighting this post again. The Feedback Snapshot only includes the top community bug reports and feature requests, not everything that they are working on.

13 hours ago, DAD said:

Quoted from a community manager at the MSFS forum:

do think it’s worth pointing out that Asobo is also hard at work on other fixes/updates outside the Feedback Snapshot. The FS does cover the community items but it is not an exhaustive list of -everything- they are working on. Of course we are slowly working towards being transparent about everything.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Robert Edwards said:

Not a peep about the broken weather of course. 

Last I knew it was fixed. What is your problem with it?

31 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Last I knew it was fixed. What is your problem with it?

It’s not at all fixed. If you call baro off by tens of inches and completely inaccurate winds and clouds fixed then yes it’s fixed. I guess that’s what Asobo believes as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert Edwards said:

It’s not at all fixed. If you call baro off by tens of inches and completely inaccurate winds and clouds fixed then yes it’s fixed. I guess that’s what Asobo believes as well. 

What is your benchmark for this that you believe correct and Asobo weather wrong?

Lots of testing sir and I’m not the only one. Prediction based weather is fun for gamers but useless for simmers . If it works for you more power to ya but it has a long way to go to be called accurate. 

Edited by Robert Edwards
  • Like 1

It is not just prediction based weather but also weather station reports. Not seen any evidence for it being wrong since the weather fix went in the last release. Even then the UK/Europe seemed fine. It certainly gets UK weather spot on consistently.

• Like 1

As others have stated, Asobo's transparency is undoubtedly groundbreaking. I know of no major game (loosely defined to include simming) title or ANY software title ever released that involved the publisher sharing so much insider information with their community. Looking at the lists of bugs, to-do's and wishes, Asobo could have just as easily sat on this sim and not released for another year (or two) and especially when the SDK was more suitable to major publishers like PMDG. The huge problem with that is that only a general release could have uncovered a ton of the bugs and problems that Asobo now acknowledges need to be addressed. A bit of the catch-22, but avoided. Release, take your lumps and keep on, keeping on. I so want it to be a year from now, bet this title nearly doesn't resemble its former immature self!

United001 

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

At this point I'm just resigned to say, it is what it is. I don't necessarily agree with their prioritization of the bugs, but as long as they do solid work at this point and things work, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

17 hours ago, pmb said:

These guays are great. I've never seen a comparable feedback snapshot in any of the flightsims I know.

Kind regards, Michael

I agree 100%

They're promsing "a better cadence and more transparency" but as far as I'm concerned the cadence and transparency are already 10x better than previous versions of FS.  Yes there are issues with the program that frustrate me, but it appears they're working hard to improve it and I'm very thankful for that.

Edited by ELaw
  • Upvote 1

I appreciate Asobo's efforts and transparency, but wish they would focus first on the core issue of a flight simulator, that of getting the aircraft to fly correctly, meaning properly working aircraft systems and flight dynamics.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, frankla said:

I dont see seasons in wish list anymore.  😔

I‘m pretty sure that‘s because it has long been confirmed.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2