Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

No mention of an AP fix in the next patch - Unacceptable

5 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Hmmm - maybe it was a misinterpretation but it makes too much sense not to pursue that route.

Regards

bs

@bean_sprout Stop spreading rumors and fake news. There is 0 evidence that Garmin is involved in a re-make of the Garmins in MSFS 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m really trying to be team ASOBO but the latest announcement on patches in their roadmap is very underwhelming in terms of priority and what’s coming down the track. I get that slowing things down is actually a more pragmatic way to fix things. After all the more they fix, the higher probability of breaking things that were otherwise fine. Testing before patch release is key therefore and we’ve learnt this from recent issues (sensitivity option disappearing for example).  So when I see lots of ‘not started’ on their roadmap I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. However MS must remember that we have all paid good money for this simulator/game (way above the retail price of the average game/sim) and this is the bit which I really struggle with. Keeping this on topic AP needs fixing properly and fast. It’s an integral part of the game. 

• Like 2

Then if they fix it "fast" and there are still problems, we tear them a new one.

The saga continues.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Think people have misinterpreted the list in the Development update big time. That is not the patch list it is just the list of voted on requests. Suggest waiting for the pztch notes before moaning.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Think people have misinterpreted the list in the Development update big time. That is not the patch list it is just the list of voted on requests. Suggest waiting for the pztch notes before moaning.

So why does it say Update 9 for the AP/Garmin ? ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

My subscription to the Microsoft store ends next week and I am not going to renew it again, nor buy the FS2020 with full price, ever.

When I made a thread about Asobo breaking things and not testing the patches before release I was scolded and reported by the word not allowed, now the consensus seems to be that Asobo actually is incompetent 😄 some word not allowed even stated they will put people in blacklist/block who say negative things about Asobo and/or ignore the negative posts...

The bouncing autopilot needs to be a #1 priority in the fix list ! Not at patch 5 or 9...

Edited by Concorde79
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Wait for real? Where’d you hear this? I’m pretty sure this isn’t the case...

It's not the case.  I posted the timestamped link to the Dev Q&A earlier in the thread and went back and listened to it.  Asobo intends to fix the Garmin themselves, when enough bugs have been fixed to have time to work on it (apparently having the primary avionics in the majority of the aircraft unusable in a lot of ways isn't a "bug")

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

So why does it say Update 9 for the AP/Garmin ? ...

So Asobo have taken the list of upvoted requests and in some cases have assigned them to a patch that they are going to release in the future - this is the list shown in the devlopment update. However, Asobo also have a whole series of fixes/updates that they themselves have been working on that do not match one for one with a user voted request. Therefore, there are a load of other items that will be going into each patch that are not on the user voted list. If you look at the release notes for the last pitch you can see this.

CJ

• Upvote 1

The whole "voting" for issues to be prioritised doesn't sit will with me, blatant obvious bugs get very few votes yet continually bounced threads about meaningless items get loads.

Asobo firstly need to fix what they've broke in previous patches, that should be priority and then the more glaring issues....which if they actually played their own game they would see straight away. By all means take note of the Bugs forum and see what ones are often mentioned, but don't prioritise because a rowdy bunch got their mates to spam the Vote button.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Concorde79 said:

nor buy the FS2020 with full price, ever.

I always can never beleive when someone says that. I would bet 100 that when the bugs are fixed, you will buy FS.

38 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

So Asobo have taken the list of upvoted requests and in some cases have assigned them to a patch that they are going to release in the future - this is the list shown in the devlopment update. However, Asobo also have a whole series of fixes/updates that they themselves have been working on that do not match one for one with a user voted request. Therefore, there are a load of other items that will be going into each patch that are not on the user voted list. If you look at the release notes for the last pitch you can see this.

CJ

If you are right then it is very confusing.

So if the AP list is listed for update 9 but on the internal Asobo list it is at the bottom of their priorities it might take way longer than december 2020... 
That would be a very strange way to do.

So I really guess that AP/Garmin for update 9 means that it is on the Asobo list for update 9, as Asobo decides when en not the users. 

But we’ll see...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 minutes ago, GSalden said:

So if the AP list is listed for update 9 but on the internal Asobo list it is at the bottom of their priorities it might take way longer than december 2020... 

So I really guess that AP/Garmin for update 9 means that it is on the Asobo list for update 9, as Asobo decides when en not the users. 

But we’ll see...

No, the items on the dev update list are assigned to the update specified on the list. So AP is for update 9 in your example. What I am saying is that Asobo will have there own list of items that they assign to specific updates as well as the ones that users have voted for.An example in the last update was  Daher TBM 930: fixed fuel tank incorrect tooltip which I don't think was user raised or at least did not become a voted for item. Asobo was aware of this problem and fixed it outside of tbe upvote process. So there are two streams of fixes and Asobo merge the two into one rollout schedule but they have not published this list. Perhaps one reason is that the internal list will include confidential stuff e.g. Helicopter dlc pack

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

But we’ll see...

If I were to take a wild guess, Update 9 is scheduled to be one of the major "sim updates" they were going to be doing every few monts, and they've thus earmarked it for a larger overhaul of the Garmin systems (consistent with their recent comments about "putting in the work" to expand and more fully feature it).  That kind of thing takes a while, and so it's planned for Update 9 if everything goes to plan (which I assume will be the final update of 2020?).

I noted that the G1000 and AP issues are squished together in a single buglist topic, and they really shouldn't be.  I think this is more a limitation of how they display their feedback snapshot as a list of forum thread titles with associated vote counts.  

When it comes to simpler or smaller bugfixes to the AP behaviour, I don't expect that to be backburnered to the end of December (whether that means any notable AP-related fixes show up on Monday, I have no idea).  I DO expect any major changes to the Garmin systems to be held back until December.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

If I were to take a wild guess, Update 9 is scheduled to be one of the major "sim updates" they were going to be doing every few monts, and they've thus earmarked it for a larger overhaul of the Garmin systems (consistent with their recent comments about "putting in the work" to expand and more fully feature it).  That kind of thing takes a while, and so it's planned for Update 9 if everything goes to plan (which I assume will be the final update of 2020?).

I noted that the G1000 and AP issues are squished together in a single buglist topic, and they really shouldn't be.  I think this is more a limitation of how they display their feedback snapshot as a list of forum thread titles with associated vote counts.  

When it comes to simpler or smaller bugfixes to the AP behaviour, I don't expect that to be backburnered to the end of December (whether that means any notable AP-related fixes show up on Monday, I have no idea).  I DO expect any major changes to the Garmin systems to be held back until December.

Sounds very plausible...

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

But we’ll see...

The reference to an update number is IMO a tentative time line to give us some hope 😀. When the work has not yet begun a drift is always  possible to a later date. But at least we know that they aim at a certain date which is a welcome piece of information.

Now the issue is not here IMO. It is that the item mixes three different things : bugs/glitches of the Garmin, bugs of the autopilot,  the dumbing down of the Garmin. That is what is confusing.

32 minutes ago, MarcG said:

The whole "voting" for issues to be prioritised doesn't sit will with me, blatant obvious bugs get very few votes yet continually bounced threads about meaningless items get loads.

I agree that the voting system reeks of PR and encourage spamming. We saw that with a poll on this Avsim forum some months ago when the VR army mobilizedits troops to go to the front 😁.  But again, there is no good way to please everybody, at least we know that they have some of the items listed in mind.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam