Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Anyone know what time the next Oct 13th Patch/Update drops?

16 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

I really wish you could explain how you think like this . I would post something like this Only if i knew from the source what was being posted tomorrow . Im Sure I and others ARE NOT ON THE DISAPPOINTMENT expecting group you mention . . 

Just simple experience. I'd be very happy to see an update which repairs more than it breaks. That's all. I am always in for a surprise.

• Like 2

Hans

40 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Nobody is expecting this to be a fix for bugs, or are you? If so, then be prepared for another disappointment. The right way moving forward would be to leave it as is for a while and then address the bugs one after another. Instead we will probably get a few nice trees tomorrow and the mod creators will have to redo their work so that some basic stuff works. It's called progress in 2020.

Thanks for sharing that bit of speculation that isn't backed up by any kind of qualified arguments. I'd like to share some counter-speculation maybe, but I think it will just be a futile excercise that isn't worth the effort. 

46 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Just simple experience. I'd be very happy to see an update which repairs more than it breaks. That's all. I am always in for a surprise.

Than wait and see instead acting or even worse speculate about what’s coming...

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I think simply because:

"What time's the patch?"
"Probably around that time."
"Oh God the answer was posted. What do we post now?"
"Oh God I don't know! How about we just post rants and moans like in every thread?"
"Yeah that'll work."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am going to miss "press any key to continue" 🤣

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I think the problem is that we have a product here which wants to be immune to criticism and sarcasm at the same time. All good, it's an illusion anyway to believe that customers' input can change anything. Have fun whatever you use to play or sim. 

Hans

17 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

I think the problem is that we have a product here which wants to be immune to criticism and sarcasm at the same time. All good, it's an illusion anyway to believe that customers' input can change anything. Have fun whatever you use to play or sim. 

No the problem is simply that some of us don't want to read the same criticisms repeated again and again in nearly every thread around here. It's simply just that.

This was just a simple thread asking a specific question about the time for the patch. It was clearly not meant as yet another thread about what to expect from Asobo when they do their next patch. We already have other threads discussing those expectations.

• Like 4

You will realize it dropped once more items in the sim that were working are now broken!   😉

Chris Camp

Did anyone take a trip back to our homeland of Kiribati?

... and take their computer with them?

Edited by dogmanbird

If previous updates are any indication of the release time, we have to wait for another 7-9 hours. So far the updates went online around 17:00-19:00 Central European Time, which is 16-18h UK / London time, or 11-13h Eastern Time (North America). On Steam, the updates have typically been available 20-40 minutes later than on the MS store. 

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

11 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I am going to miss "press any key to continue" 🤣

LOL. Don't play around like that! They might get mad at us and bring it back.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

Did anyone take a trip back to our homeland of Kiribati?

... and take their computer with them?

No, but I know of several Avsim posters I'd like to pop on the flight. Preferably without their communication devices 😁

2 hours ago, pstrub said:

If previous updates are any indication of the release time, we have to wait for another 7-9 hours. So far the updates went online around 17:00-19:00 Central European Time, which is 16-18h UK / London time, or 11-13h Eastern Time (North America). On Steam, the updates have typically been available 20-40 minutes later than on the MS store. 

Good joke, as all the world know, the Earth is flat, and all we have the same hour, do not try to manipulate and lie to us. First notification.