Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Microsoft Downloading/Updating is SHAMEFUL!!

I just wanted  to say that Microsoft need to hold their heads down in shame .... their download servers are quite simply appalling!! 

I have been trying to install the standard edition of the sim for just over 36 hours and nearly all the airports and aircraft are missing .... Yes they are available in the content manager but everyone fails to load .... PATHETIC is an understatement!!! 

My internet connection is superb at 350Mbs over Ethernet so no issues there ... it’s obviously their Mickey Mouse servers giving the grief !!! 

The download gets to about 25% and then starts all over again .... and again ... and again .... and again .. ARGHH 

Come back P3D and XPlane ... all is forgiven 

I download the update in around 3 mins.

Yer its shameful it should have been 2 mins. 

Bye bye.....

yQoCK0.gif

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 18

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Haha ... well I wasn’t on about the update .. I am on about installing the complete simulator! 

Does not sound right Paul. I’m on a 50Mb Fibre connection and so far, everyone of my updates and the initial installation have been a breeze. To top it all, I’m at the bottom end of Africa, where stuff usually never works properly. 😉

Also, my two young sons got this sim and have vastly different PC hardware. They too have had no issues with installations or updates.

Perhaps dig deeper into your network and sim settings. Maybe your connection is too fast for MS!

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

every time is whining about something could be one's own setup. It just becomes the norm of this country to be whining like hell.

• Like 3

"Microsoft something something..."

Sounness1-e1540233555945.jpg

In case anyone cares, I downloaded the ~2GB in less than 5 minutes.
(Well, it took a little bit longer in total as I loaded the sim and then it kicked me out to the MS store for the ~500 MB update first.)

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Man even on my subpar aussie net the downloads are a breeze. Guess i just keep getting lucky with this sim.

Edited by Armchair Pilot
Download spelling error
  • Like 1

Now issues at all with download or installation... and only on 50mbps

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

4 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

Call your ISP, theres nothing wrong with the download servers.

Umm, mine was pretty slow this morning... West Coast of Canada.

Bert

Updated in 5 min without any problems. Time to address some anger management here! 

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI