Sign in to follow this  
CaptBillyBob

This sim loves 4K.

17 minutes ago, Richdem said:

Thank you for this,

The 1080TI is still a very capable card in 2020, I can achieve 60 FPS in many places in the TBM. I don’t typically use large airports as I prefer the smaller regional airports. At the moment I prefer X-Plane 11 for airliners so do not fly the 320 in MSFS 

The render scale is the key, if using large airports, flying around big cities, I bump the the RS down to 80%. The RS is my friend when using the 1080Ti.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

6 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Other  Nvidia settings I use Rob are:

Change Resolution:

1. Apply the following settings

2: Use Nvidia Colour Settings

3: Desktop Colour Depth: 32bit

4: Output Colour Format: RGB

5: Output Colour Depth: Choose 10bit if your HDMI cable supports it. Some don't. Choose 12bit if 10 not available

6: Output Dynamic Range: "Full" ( Important that is set to full )

7: Make sure HDR is set to on in Windows 10.

8: If using a Samsung TV, and depending on the model, do not use the "Game Input", use the Cable Box input as you will need to use Auto Motion plus enabled and HDR10 won't be available either if using Game Mode input.

The input lag is incredibly low. It's extremely low when in 'Game' mode, and it's only slightly higher outside of 'Game' mode, so I can see no benefit in using "Game Mode".

Thanks for the feedback.  I prefer to keep Game mode enabled for the time being, I only had 8bit color available and set that to full as I normally do anyway.  I did not know about Windows 10 HDR so I enabled that.  Not sure what difference that will make.

Rob

Edited by HUSSAR

\Robert Hamlich/

28 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

I did not know about Windows 10 HDR so I enabled that

If you have W10 HDR disabled, HDR10 will be greyed out in FS2020.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

12 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

HDR 10 was enabled in MSFS even though I did not have it activated in Windows 10.

\Robert Hamlich/

4k TVs make fantastic PC monitors these days - I have a Samsung 43"

I've tried 27" monitor, 32" ultrawide and IMO nothing matches the immersion of a big screen 4k TV

just feels more vast and realistic - on external views airliners look huge

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

HDR 10 was enabled in MSFS even though I did not have it activated in Windows 10.

Might be to do with my Samsung TV now I think about. Once I changed the input to Cable box.

On 11/8/2020 at 3:38 PM, Richdem said:

Did you try the 1080TI? 

Curious to see how it performed as I think the chances of getting the wife to agree to a new TV and a new GPU are slim to none lol.

I get microstutters on all the cards I've tried. 2060 super, 1080ti and now the 2080 super.  I have a  Intel 10700 at 4.8 and someone talk me out of getting an I9 unlocked please. Unless you think it's worth it of course.

Tony Fontaine

39 minutes ago, CaptBillyBob said:

I get microstutters on all the cards I've tried. 2060 super, 1080ti and now the 2080 super.  I have a  Intel 10700 at 4.8 and someone talk me out of getting an I9 unlocked please. Unless you think it's worth it of course.

Same here, I’m wondering whether it’s worth it to buy an NVIDIA 3080 or 3090 or whether it is a setting on the TV that needs to be altered. It’s almost like the slow refresh rate that old monitors used to have where you would see black graininess when panning the view. 

Rob

\Robert Hamlich/

4 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Same here, I’m wondering whether it’s worth it to buy an NVIDIA 3080 or 3090 or whether it is a setting on the TV that needs to be altered. It’s almost like the slow refresh rate that old monitors used to have where you would see black graininess when panning the view. 

Rob

I wouldn't buy one right now. The big navi cards launch on the 18th, correct? Let all that play out to see where things fall (along with prices).

Edited by Phantoms

James

53 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Rob

What CPU are you using Rob?

Tony Fontaine

2 hours ago, CaptBillyBob said:

What CPU are you using Rob?

Hi,

I'm using an Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 4.6GHz

\Robert Hamlich/

23 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

More worrying is that if you have it enabled in game and then disable HDR on your screen or TV or switch to a non HDR screen it shows up in game as greyed out and ON .

I have a HDR400 screen and find the best results are with HDR enabled on the screen itself and disabled in game. Basically HDR enabled on the screen gives noticeably better colors but if I also enable it in game things get washed out. Though that may potentially be because the game is calibrated for HDR10 not HDR400 ? Who knows.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

7 hours ago, Phantoms said:

I wouldn't buy one right now. The big navi cards launch on the 18th, correct? Let all that play out to see where things fall (along with prices).

What made me choose to stick with Nvidia again this gen, is just the big unknown that is AMD driver and software support. I trust Nvidia. I have not heard good things about AMDs software team. There’s more to a GPU than teraflops per dollar. 

On 10/14/2020 at 11:07 PM, crimplene said:

I would recommend not to use a lower screen resolution but lower rendering settings. Try 70 or 65. So the UI and even the external view gauges stay full 4k but the game is rendering at a lower resolution.

You are right, I did just that and it made a big difference. I always play at 4k, my system is an overclocked i5 coffee lake and msi gtx1080 gaming x with 16 gb of ram I usually get 30-40fps depending on which aircraft I am using.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

2 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

What made me choose to stick with Nvidia again this gen, is just the big unknown that is AMD driver and software support. I trust Nvidia. I have not heard good things about AMDs software team. There’s more to a GPU than teraflops per dollar. 

That is a HUGE consideration for enterprise use cases, our boss totally refuses to use AMD because even though maybe one in 20 machines has had driver issues, those issues have cost thousands in lost productivity. In fact our graphics machines use Quadro cards for just that reason

For HOME USE, where generally things are not mission critical,  it is far less of an issue as a weekend spent fixing driver issues, or waiting a few weeks till some bugs are fixed, is much less of a game killer.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick