Sign in to follow this  
CaptBillyBob

This sim loves 4K.

1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

Rich now its working buddy - maybe one restart was needed all set now - how cool you will luv this tv - like a giant pc monitor not cartoonish tv looking - your the best Pal

Hey Rich,

Glad to hear it worked out for you, I am happy to have found this and been able to share. Now I have to persuade the wife to let me have a 4K TV before we get one for the family LOL

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

53 minutes ago, Richdem said:

Hey Rich,

Glad to hear it worked out for you, I am happy to have found this and been able to share. Now I have to persuade the wife to let me have a 4K TV before we get one for the family LOL

Yikes good luck with that 🙂 thanks again Rich appreciate it much 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, Richdem said:

Hey Rich,

Just get a deal on two.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Just get a deal on two.

Brilliant why didn't I think of that lol

A 65" for the family and a 43" for Dad !!

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 minutes ago, Richdem said:

Brilliant why didn't I think of that lol

A 65" for the family and a 43" for Dad !!

That's my plan time to dump Vizio 55" in the garbage for a Sony 65" 🙂 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

Going to Bestbuy tomorrow to pick up the 55" - Hoping that I will see an improvement over my Samsung 4K that I currently have.

I have such a great wife, didn't even bat an eyelash when I told her I was picking one up.

Rob 

\Robert Hamlich/

With a 2060 super running MSFS on the 43" Sony it looks great but performance not very good. Bought a 2080 super and we'll see how it goes. I had a 28" 4K monitor and I must say that this is an unbelievable upgrade. This is a flight sim forum so I won't discuss how lovely boobs look on here. 😁

Tony Fontaine

12 minutes ago, CaptBillyBob said:

With a 2060 super running MSFS on the 43" Sony it looks great but performance not very good. Bought a 2080 super and we'll see how it goes. I had a 28" 4K monitor and I must say that this is an unbelievable upgrade. This is a flight sim forum so I won't discuss how lovely boobs look on here. 😁

Going purely on the card specs you should get roughly 30% better fps for the same settings.

Size matters, after playing on my 32" 1440p for a while I find dropping back to my old 24" 1080p almost unplayable, A 43" 4K must be amazing.

Richard was talking about game mode and how it decreases the mouse lag. I just keep it on game mode and adjust the picture so it looks good for viewing movies and TV. Glenn, it's absolutely amazing. The size, quality etc... It supports several refresh rates as well and can go to 30hz if need be. I'm looking forward to a smooth experience with the 2080. 

Tony Fontaine

Rich,

Thanks for the tip, the Sony is an amazing display!  I bought the 55" and activated Gaming mode which has reduced input lag on the display.  MSFS appears to be much smoother now.

I have found some great information, for anyone that needs settings tips for your display enter your model number in the search bar to find the gaming settings.  

https://www.rtings.com/

For the Sony X800H

Gaming

From the base SDR and HDR settings, very few changes are required for a great gaming experience. When you start gaming, it is best to switch to the 'Game' Picture Mode, to get the lowest input lag, and use the recommended settings for SDR or HDR. For HDR gaming, it is important to make sure that HDMI Enhanced Format is enabled for the input you are using.

PC GAMING

Unlike TVs from most other brands, no special settings are required for PC use on the X800H. Just make sure you are using either the 'Game,' or 'Graphics' Picture Mode, and that HDMI Enhanced Format is enabled for the input you are using. Both of these modes offer excellent low input lag, and display Chroma 4:4:4 properly, so that text is displayed properly.

Set HDMI signal format to Enhanced format.

• On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
  • Select Settings or the. icon.
  • Select the Watching TV category.
  • Select External Inputs.
  • Select HDMI signal format.
  • Select the port your which your computer is connected to.
  • In my case it was HDMI 1.
  • Select the port then select Enhanced Format.

You may need to restart the TV and/or reboot the computer as the display may appear corrupt.

You may also have to adjust your NVIDIA Control Panel settings to achieve the desired image.  Using the following NVIDIA settings I have come close to a realistic picture:

• Color Channel:  All Channels
  • Brightness: +27
  • Contrast: +52
  • Gamma: +78
  • Digital Vibrance: +78
  • Hue: +0
  • Content type reported to display: Games 

I'll do a little more tweaking and see if the picture appearance can be improved.

Rob

Edited by HUSSAR
  • Upvote 2

\Robert Hamlich/

55” oh my goodness, I can only imagine.  Just this morning I installed a modest 43” monitor, and can’t get my head around how big it is!  

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

On 11/5/2020 at 7:29 AM, CaptBillyBob said:

Richard was talking about game mode and how it decreases the mouse lag. I just keep it on game mode and adjust the picture so it looks good for viewing movies and TV. Glenn, it's absolutely amazing. The size, quality etc... It supports several refresh rates as well and can go to 30hz if need be. I'm looking forward to a smooth experience with the 2080. 

Did you try the 1080TI? 

Curious to see how it performed as I think the chances of getting the wife to agree to a new TV and a new GPU are slim to none lol.

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

1 hour ago, HUSSAR said:
  • Color Channel:  All Channels
  • Brightness: +27
  • Contrast: +52
  • Gamma: +78
  • Digital Vibrance: +78
  • Hue: +0
  • Content type reported to display: Games

Other  Nvidia settings I use Rob are:

Change Resolution:

1. Apply the following settings

2: Use Nvidia Colour Settings

3: Desktop Colour Depth: 32bit

4: Output Colour Format: RGB

5: Output Colour Depth: Choose 10bit if your HDMI cable supports it. Some don't. Choose 12bit if 10 not available

6: Output Dynamic Range: "Full" ( Important that is set to full )

7: Make sure HDR is set to on in Windows 10.

8: If using a Samsung TV, and depending on the model, do not use the "Game Input", use the Cable Box input as you will need to use Auto Motion plus enabled and HDR10 won't be available either if using Game Mode input.

The input lag is incredibly low. It's extremely low when in 'Game' mode, and it's only slightly higher outside of 'Game' mode, so I can see no benefit in using "Game Mode".

Edited by ZKOKQ
  • Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 minute ago, Richdem said:

Did you try the 1080TI?

I use a 1080Ti with my Samsung 4K 43". No problem as long as I don't go above 100% on the render scale.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

11 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I use a 1080Ti with my Samsung 4K 43". No problem as long as I don't go above 100% on the render scale.

Thank you for this,

The 1080TI is still a very capable card in 2020, I can achieve 60 FPS in many places in the TBM. I don’t typically use large airports as I prefer the smaller regional airports. At the moment I prefer X-Plane 11 for airliners so do not fly the 320 in MSFS 

Richard

mmBbmS1.png