Sign in to follow this  
Jikul

Long-EZ finally released for MSFS!

So Dino waited 2 1/2 months for Asobo to add Canard dynamics that they promised, then missed their date, then promised again and missed their date, so he released it to Sim Market with an update promised whenever Asobo gets around to adding the missing pieces of flight dynamics.

I am passing on this one. No Autopilot, no purchase.  Most real world versions have extreme range, therefore APs.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

10 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

The A/P doesn't even work in this thing in the first place...

Of course not, it doesn't have one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, raymar said:

Of course not, it doesn't have one.

In fact MSFS 2020 does have one purportedly! 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Interesting. Dino says it doesn't.

Ray

4 hours ago, raymar said:

So Dino waited 2 1/2 months for Asobo to add Canard dynamics that they promised, then missed their date, then promised again and missed their date, so he released it to Sim Market with an update promised whenever Asobo gets around to adding the missing pieces of flight dynamics.

I am passing on this one. No Autopilot, no purchase.  Most real world versions have extreme range, therefore APs.

Ray

You could always request a review copy.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

You could always request a review copy.

True. But, it would be difficult to write a positive review knowing you disagree with the choice of not installing an AP with 7+ hours of endurance.

3 hours ago, Flyfaster said:

In fact MSFS 2020 does have one purportedly! 🙂

Question: In the X-Plane world, a plane model that doesn't have AP in a particular model can often use AP functions anyway, because it's in the underlying flight model unless it's been disabled by the 3rd party plane developer. You just use the functions assigned to keyboard or flight controls and it works. At least sometimes. Does that work here in MSFS, or is it keyed to the specific plane model enabling AP?

P.S. it will be disappointing if this is a hack for the missing flight surfaces like canards in the flight model, but it's still a very cool aircraft. Last week when I was sitting out on my deck out here in the PNW I saw one flying over my house at around 2,000 ft. That silhouette is unmistakable!

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

13 minutes ago, raymar said:

True. But, it would be difficult to write a positive review knowing you disagree with the choice of not installing an AP with 7+ hours of endurance.

Strange. You're sure this panel is non-functional?

C9QL6d.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I see a transponder, a GPS and a radio. Am I missing something? Not being snarky just making sure I understand correctly. Like if it was an option or something.

• Like 1

Everything you see in the panel should work. No Autopilot.

Hey guys, 

Just wanted to say I grabbed this plane, and I can confirm there is no autopilot.

Do not let that put you off too much... its a really fun and interesting plane. Everything looks great too.

Love it so far, but yeah not so much for super long flights. 

• Like 1

OK, so I got it

mini review:

1. Switches don't have sound, including fuel pump (you never know what is better loud fuel pump as Carenado or silent as in Long EZ)

2. Transponder switch stuck in "ON" and can be moved.

3. Take off requires significant trimming aft otherwise airplane is very nose heavy

4. During straight and level flight there are miniscule yawing left and right just like V tail Bonanza IRL. Doesn't bother me much though

5. Talking about spartan cockpit. Long EZ doesn't have autopilot. It does have panel light, strob lights and nav light. Nice! But it does not have either landing or taxi light. So I don't understand logic why bother to install lights but miss landing light 🙂

Otherwise airplane very pleasant and good quality

unknown.png?width=2205&height=1240unknown.png?width=2205&height=1240  Copilot lights

unknown.png?width=2205&height=1240

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI