Sign in to follow this  
Jikul

Long-EZ finally released for MSFS!

Thanks.  Where did you purchase your model?

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

There is hole next gear crank when nose gear is up. Not sure if that how real Long EZ are

unknown.png?width=2205&height=1240

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 minutes ago, raymar said:

Thanks.  Where did you purchase your model?

Ray

Simmarket $18. If support will continue I think it a worthy buy !

No doubt, support will be there. Indiafoxtecho has a great reputation for support and some nice freeware in the other sims.  Once this sim has afterburners Dino will be here with some high flying military fighters. The MB339 will be here in a week or so. No Canard.

You gotta remember the Long-EZ is a home built. Bert Rutan design for home builders.

8 minutes ago, raymar said:

You gotta remember the Long-EZ is a home built. Bert Rutan design for home builders.

I used to know Michael Kashan aka Mishka Svoloch from Santa Monica who build Berkut which derivative of Long EZ. But I never had a chance to fly as guy had a pretty toxic personality . I think he ended up crashing it at some point of time. Anyway .. I know it's a charm to have steam panel, but we could have gotten something like that 🙂

Beasley-LongEZ-panel.jpg

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I used to know Michael Kashan aka Mishka Svoloch from Santa Monica who build Berkut which derivative of Long EZ. But I never had a chance to fly as guy had a pretty toxic personality . 

I saw a Berkut in person at an air show at Edwards AFB around 1990. I thought it was really cool looking and liked the canopy design. There was also an article on the Berkut in Kit Planes around the same time. Unfortunately I think there’s only a few flying around these days.

Funny you should mention it as it’s rarely discussed here but I brought it up a few months back in another MSFS topic about planes we’d like to see in the sim.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I worked at a company located a KMHV for several years.  There were always a few Long-EZs around for the monthly fly-ins.  Saw Dick Rutan at a few events, most notable was one where he gave a very serious talk about his time flying F-100 Super Sabers in Vietnam (after saying something to the effect of...everyone always wants to hear about Voyager but today I'm going to talk about something different). 

The Long-EZ a really neat design, although if I were going to homebuild, knowing the pitfalls of composites - I think I might stick with an riveted aluminum design.  Or at least make a few foam and glass surfboards first to practice. 

This MSFS version looks nice but I have to agree that without an AP, it's probably not something I'd purchase. 

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

5. Talking about spartan cockpit. Long EZ doesn't have autopilot. It does have panel light, strob lights and nav light. Nice! But it does not have either landing or taxi light. So I don't understand logic why bother to install lights but miss landing light 🙂

I am unclear how the landing and taxi lights worked in these things? I have never seen one in real life but in videos most do not seem to have them.

Were they retractable or did some models just not have them at all ?

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I am unclear how the landing and taxi lights worked in these things? I have never seen one in real life but in videos most do not seem to have them.

Were they retractable or did some models just not have them at all ?

There are no taxi or landing light. Since IRL Long EX is experimental it's up to kit builder to install them. Long EZ landing lights I saw IRL were install in the nose of airplane

10 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I used to know Michael Kashan aka Mishka Svoloch from Santa Monica who build Berkut which derivative of Long EZ. But I never had a chance to fly as guy had a pretty toxic personality . I think he ended up crashing it at some point of time. Anyway .. I know it's a charm to have steam panel, but we could have gotten something like that 🙂

Beasley-LongEZ-panel.jpg

I think we have enough G's for now. 😄 i want steam gauges! 

• Like 1

Meanwhile patch 1.0.2 released

- Fixed missing rain effects in the canopy
- Fixed throttle lever animation
- Fixed CoG limits in UI
- Fixed wrong shadowing in Thunderbirds livery
- Added "green checkers" livery
- Added "military camo" livery
- Added 8K paintkit to the download
  • Like 1

Some day pics. Very good details and I love this steam panel!

• Like 1