Sign in to follow this  
psolk

FSDT Vancouver V2 imminent...

56 minutes ago, Manny said:

OK I have reinstalled my Key West and Vancouver (MSFS FSDT Addons) to the folder of my choosing. I'll reinstall 4_5 P3D a v5 FSDT addons at some other time

When I initially installed P3D v_4 FSDT Addons, I was under the belief I was picking a folder for P3Dv4_5 only so I picked the HD where  I had my P3Dv4_5 

Now I understand FSDT Schema better. 

I have the FSDT add-on folder inside P3D v4.5 and never had any issues, and I was well aware that I could put it in any folder I wanted to and in any drive. Glad you got it sorted to your liking.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I  purchased the P3d/FSX version back in 2017 from FSDT directly (have the transaction ID, serial# etc.)  Received an email today about

the MSFS version that seemed to indicate that the discount would be applied directly on the site where the purchase was made.  It still  just indicates the full price.  Am I missing something.  Would definitely like to add this into MSFS, as  I own nearly all  of FSDT's north american  products for P3D.

• Like 1

I think that the direct discounts applies to purchases made at SimMarket. For the FSDT store or other retailers, you need to check on the FSDT official forum for further information.

I got an email notification from FSDT with a link to the reduced price product which worked.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The layout is 3 years out of date! Sure the default MSFS CYVR is horrendous and I really want to get this, but come on?

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just purchased from their website. Here is my quick little review of it thus far. tldr- very good

As someone with a PPL (trained at zbb & unfortunately I haven't used it in many years) I have flown in and out of YVR countless times in a 172/152 and I also worked at the Esso Avitat FBO there many years ago (drove the fueling trucks/parked planes, etc), so I have a pretty good knowledge of the airport, especially the south side. 

This is a great recreation, the buildings, main terminal, taxiways & runways are well represented. Even the floatplane docks on the river are there. Everything that was in the previous versions is there ...and some. The only thing I'm noticing right away, that is very off, is the aircraft parking situation at the south terminal/apron area. The gates near the terminal building are set up OK but the whole south side is a ghost town. (no matter what in-game traffic setting) I think we all understand the limitations of the current ai traffic, so I'm not expecting a bunch of moving aircraft, although that would be nice. I'm speaking mostly about the way the parking spaces are set up. It is almost all gates and only 2 or 3 GA ramp spots. Nothing in front of any of the FBO's. Millionair, Esso, Shell, etc are all empty. In game, the only planes that show up seem to be 1 or 2 Neo's that sit near the customs building. Pretty unrealistic really, unless some really rich folks showed up with a private one. It would be very nice to have many additional ramp spots all along the south side. The default scenery, as basic as it looked, had many GA aircraft on the south side. 

Anyway, hope this can be tweaked in the future. If someone knows a way that I can do it, I'm all ears!! Otherwise this is an excellent product at an excellent price.

Thank you

• Like 6

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

The layout is 3 years out of date! Sure the default MSFS CYVR is horrendous and I really want to get this, but come on?

Thats what I said earlier. More than 3 years. No airside operations building, New Pier D expansion, New De Icing Pads, New East apron... pretty out of date. Probably still get it though as the default is pretty rough!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

16 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Thats what I said earlier. More than 3 years. No airside operations building, New Pier D expansion, New De Icing Pads, New East apron... pretty out of date. Probably still get it though as the default is pretty rough!

Updates in the works:

We already started working on an free update which should come out next week, which will include those changes, in addition to the Airside Operation building.

Source: http://disq.us/p/2ck1aui

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

word not allowed this is nice but still patiently  waiting for a MSFS update for their KFLL....!!!!

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Updates in the works:

Source: http://disq.us/p/2ck1aui

Great! I don't have FB, but I work in Airside Operations Planning at YVR and would love to help if they want it. If anyone knows the content creator, let me know!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Great! I don't have FB, but I work in Airside Operations Planning at YVR and would love to help if they want it. If anyone knows the content creator, let me know!

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

42 minutes ago, DJJose said:

On their Facebook page, FSimStudios said the P3D version will arrive first around the end of October, and then the MSFS version may arrive 2 weeks after the P3D version.

That could be a one month wait for the FSimStudios version. The FSimStudios version is supposed to be $11 USD, according to what they wrote on their Facebook page.

Since both are very economical and not expensive at all, I plan to get both of them and just use the one that I think is better.  It's crazy how we as flight sim enthusiasts spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars (ie. Nvidia 3800, 3900) on hardware but the 3rd party airport scenery is dirty cheap.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

34 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Looks like more of Sea Island is modelled in that one.

There will be pressure for FSimStudios to make their CYVR better than FSDreamTeam's CYVR.  Since FSDreamTeam's CYVR came out first, FSimStudio can use just a little more time to make their CYVR more comprehensive and more detailed.  Competition is a good thing!

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM