Sign in to follow this  
garlicbread11

Luton now available and Glasgow coming soon

I spend a lot of FS time in and out of Brizzle and the new version is a complete revelation, the official screenshots simply don't do it justice (they're awful in fact). It's a huge step forward and it cost me just £9. I don't get the negativity towards it but if it's based on the screenies then it's a misjudgement. I had last year's HD version and this certainly isn't a portover of that!

(Not associated with uk2k in any way)

• Like 1

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

@NunoPinto

No, Heathrow and Orbx England over London in the FSL A320X on approach for 27L took me in to single frame numbers in P3D.

I flew in there yesterday with the 748 in MSFS and I was somewhere in the high 30/40 s on frames. I could actually hand fly the approach.

I'm not going to be giving that up easily.

That's good to hear BillC - will check it out.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

Addon developers will be checking and seeing what they can get away with, slowly raising prices, hoping they'll eventually be able to charge what they charged for addons in P3D.

Some of these add-on are way over priced. This is not P3D.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have a few UK2K airports for P3D. I didn't mind paying over the odds for the ones I used regularly on Vatsim but I'm not rewarding ported over scenery and ported over pricing with a purchase. Especially if there are floating objects and excessively bumpy taxiways.

The price needs to drop to somewhere like £12 and be bolstered by good reviews before I'll look twice at these.

• Like 4

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

10 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

A bit harsh, don't you think? Sure, a copy and paste boo boo (which I had noticed myself), but not exactly a reflection on the quality of the product in question.

Whether you think it good value is entirely subjective of course, which is fine.

I think the comment was spot on when you see the signs floating in mid air in the later picture in the thread. Awful work.

Compare and contrast to the freeware:

CJ

Edited by CJ1045
  • Like 2

I bought Bristol (Lulsgate to call it's old name) straight away, yes it's not cheap - but as I live in Brizzle I just had to have it, even though I had an old version which didn't qualify for the discount 🙄

To be fair it's very well done, and any issues Gary has sorted out straight away.

But I'm stalling with the purchase of Luton, mainly because of the cost, but also to see what others produce for UK airports

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Bristol is really nice.

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Default Heathrow looks disgusting too. Terminal 5 doesn't sprout windows or any features other than a white box until you're within 100 yards of it.

I've not seen the Premium Deluxe version. If anyone's got it would like to see it?

The handcrafted version is fine. I used Simwings version in P3D and it's not so detailed but its fine. I would not pay for an upgrade unless I used the airport all the time.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Flying private allot in FS2020 so Luton is a must for me.  The airline environment isn’t prime time which keeps me away from  the larger international airports. I’ll report back when I get it.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Bristol is really nice.

The handcrafted version is fine. I used Simwings version in P3D and it's not so detailed but its fine. I would not pay for an upgrade unless I used the airport all the time.

The only reason I avoided it in P3D was London and UKscenery LHR brought the sim to it's knees.

MSFS 2020 and London is fine now I just hope a hand-crafted LHR is well optimised.

• Like 3

I've just published a video review of Luton 2020HD. It has lots to like but, in my humble opinion (as a customer and supporter of UK2000 for decades) it should be better..

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

I’m not a marketing expert but surely UK2000 would benefit financially by pricing this at around £10/12. I couldn’t justify the £18.49 for it.
I appreciate that we don’t have many payware developers that do regional airports in the U.K. but I just wish they were higher quality at the right price as I for one would snap up a lot of them.

• Like 3

Another excellent video, mrfilbert. Thank you.

It seems fairly clear to me that Gary/UK2000 is lagging some distance behind other developers at the moment.

• Like 2

As mentioned, I have and enjoyed most of the UK2000 airports in FSX and P3D.  With the level of freeware in MSFS... ALL DEVELOPERS will have to up their game, and lower their costs, otherwise there's too much EXCELLENT freeware to explore... Unfortunately many developers (not specifically UK2000) are trying to cash in on the cash cow by being first to market.  The results speak for themselves... look at some of the freeware quality... then look at the brilliant stuff from FlightBeam, FSDT, LVFR and VerticalSimulations- all priced SENSIBILY....and then look at others... not superb and not a good value...

Caveat Emptor, has never been more appropriate!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

6 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

I've just published a video review of Luton 2020HD. It has lots to like but, in my humble opinion (as a customer and supporter of UK2000 for decades) it should be better..

A very fair review, it has to be said. I have zero experience in making sceneries or airports, so have no basis on how to decide what is a fair price for the work involved, let alone what is a fair price to make a commercial enterprise viable in flight simming. I would agree that close to £20 is too much for what this looks like in MSFS. There would probably have been few complaints were this the FSX version, but things have come a long way since then. For the aforementioned reason, I'm not going to accuse a dev like this of "cashing in" because I don't know how much their business for the pre-MSFS sims is being affected by the new kid on the block, or whether they are having associated increases in the cost of producing and marketing.

And then there's Covid-19 to take into account. I'm sure there are businesses of all kinds who have increased their prices to try to improve their bank balance in case they end up folding, and when it's a non-essential service it's easier to understand that, if not welcome by prospective customers.

In short, yes, it's hard to justify spending that much when there are free offerings which come close to, match, or even exceed what the payware devs are bringing out. Seem to be the way things are heading. Adapt or disappear seems to be the harsh reality.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)