Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

DD just released RJAA Tokyo Narita P3D

10 hours ago, pmb said:

As far as I know, none of the older Technobrain sceneries is P3D5-compatible, and I own them all. I asked them via mail in Summer and the reply was:

"We are considering taking action in the future, but we are not sure it now. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you."

Which I find pretty weak given the price for their products. Seems Technobrain, MFSG, who made a lot of Japanese Airfields, and Wing Creation, not to speak of Aerosim missed the sign of time to switch to the current simulators.

But I am positive others will take over.

Kind regards, Michael

MFSG has provided compatibility patches for each and every one of their sceneries, for as far as I'm aware. Just go to your Simmarket account and download the patches, so I don't see any reason to single out MFSG... Technobrain has embraced P3Dv5 on their most recent releases, so I'm not sure when they haven't gone and updated their older sceneries. It's disappointing if they decide not to bother, given the price of their sceneries. Wing creation and Aerosim have been quiet for two years or so now so I wouldn't expect them to update anything. Sometimes developers just stop developing for whatever reason...

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

36 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

MFSG has provided compatibility patches for each and every one of their sceneries, for as far as I'm aware. Just go to your Simmarket account and download the patches, so I don't see any reason to single out MFSG...

Thanks for the hint on MFSG.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I am really surprised that developers are rushing to issue large airports for MSFS2020 when in fact there won't be any decent jets available until a year or more from now.. So they don't update scenery for P3D v5 and miss some additional revenue. Have done a few GA short flights on MSFS2020 and had A/P and other issues. Only the A320 NEO is sort of flyable but even that has quite a few bugs. Glad to see some good developers still issuing new scenery for P3Dv5.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

I am really surprised that developers are rushing to issue large airports for MSFS2020 when in fact there won't be any decent jets available until a year or more from now.. So they don't update scenery for P3D v5 and miss some additional revenue.

Fact is, after the MSFS announcement, sales for P3D (and XP) products tanked.

12 months of making half the revenue they would normally expect from P3D / XP sales, combined with a loud and public launch of MSFS (giving add-on developers a much larger potential market than they have ever seen), has incentivised them to focus on MSFS products. And as people have been buying add-ons for MSFS in large numbers, that justifies their decision.

There might be a slow-down in MSFS add-on sales now that the aeroplane developers have announced delays and their unhappiness with progress on the SDK, but 'ports' to MSFS are a relatively easy and quick way of bringing in cash for scenery developers.

Hopefully, the current dissatisfaction with MSFS for airliner simmers, and with new airliner products coming to P3D, our sim will see sales figures pick-up once again and new projects be announced.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Eh I won’t be going back to MSFS2020 until they reverse the downgrades that they implemented in the Japan Update (which there are no signs of that happening)

Just a quick update for those of you still sitting on the fence about purchasing a Narita scenery (me included)...

As mentioned earlier DD have released there scenery a month or so ago however Zim Scenery has recently posted some new screenshots of their Narita for P3D.

I have to say the quality looks amazing. 👍

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/the-rjaa-p3dv4-narita-airport-im-developing-share-some-pictures.446233/page-6

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!