Sign in to follow this  
DJJose

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke and Switch Panel

I'd like to upgrade my ancient AETI yoke and was hoping for some feedback from those who are using the Honeycomb Alpha to control their fleet in MSFS.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Not sure what the problem is, mine has worked perfectly. One of the best things I have ever purchased for flight sim. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I9-10900kf - rtx3090

32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

5 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

Not sure what the problem is, mine has worked perfectly. One of the best things I have ever purchased for flight sim. 

Tell me more please. I'd like to order before they run out.

DJ, I’m not sure what else to say, but it worked perfectly out of the box, and all of the switches do exactly what they are supposed to do without have to configure or tweak anything in the configuration.

The suction clamp was all I needed to fix it to the desk surface, although it also has mechanical clamps.  

I was fortunate enough to find one that was sold at the msrp, and not like the 500 dollars you see on eBay or amazon.

• Upvote 2

I9-10900kf - rtx3090

Dell 43” 4K 

16 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

DJ, I’m not sure what else to say, but it worked perfectly out of the box, and all of the switches do exactly what they are supposed to do without have to configure or tweak anything in the configuration.

The suction clamp was all I needed to fix it to the desk surface, although it also has mechanical clamps.  

I was fortunate enough to find one that was sold at the msrp, and not like the 500 dollars you see on eBay or amazon.

It's $250 right now.

So no issues with assignments or lights with MSFS?

If no, I'll order.

Edited by DJJose

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

It's $250 right now.

So no issues with assignments or lights with MSFS?

If no, I'll order.

That’s what I paid, and zero issues.  The lights, magneto, axis, etc all paired perfectly out of the box.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I9-10900kf - rtx3090

Dell 43” 4K 

2 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

That’s what I paid, and zero issues.  The lights, magneto, axis, etc all paired perfectly out of the box.

Done!

42 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

I received mine last Friday and like FrankR409 said, it has worked perfectly. I tested for the Heading Bug issue and I am not getting it. I don't use the scroll wheel to change altitude or heading, I use the knobs, so that may be why. As to OP, the Alpha is so far beyond what my CH Yoke in quality, it is amazing. I can't wait for the Bravo Throttle to arrive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I received mine last Friday and like FrankR409 said, it has worked perfectly. I tested for the Heading Bug issue and I am not getting it. I don't use the scroll wheel to change altitude or heading, I use the knobs, so that may be why. As to OP, the Alpha is so far beyond what my CH Yoke in quality, it is amazing. I can't wait for the Bravo Throttle to arrive. 

+1

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MSI Z490 WiFi MOB;  i7 10700k Comet Lake 3.8 Ghz CPU; Ripjaws 32 gb DDR4 3600; ASUS GTX 1070 TI Turbo 8GB; MasterCase H500M; Corsair H100i Pro cooler; Corsair RMX850X PSU; ASUS VG289 4K 27"; Honeycomb Alpha Yoke A+.  Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126 
                        There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

46 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Be aware the Fulcrum has also started shipping.

Way to large to fit in my flying environment and at almost twice the price.  I am always suspicious when a post like the one to start this topic is so immediately followed with a plug for a different brand.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MSI Z490 WiFi MOB;  i7 10700k Comet Lake 3.8 Ghz CPU; Ripjaws 32 gb DDR4 3600; ASUS GTX 1070 TI Turbo 8GB; MasterCase H500M; Corsair H100i Pro cooler; Corsair RMX850X PSU; ASUS VG289 4K 27"; Honeycomb Alpha Yoke A+.  Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126 
                        There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

9 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I don't use the scroll wheel to change altitude or heading, I use the knobs

??????

Frank Patton

If you want one the XPlane store has in stock. So they say.

Store is in FL so maybe I'll get it this week. 😀

I have one also and love it,

For MSFS I used the Joystick curve software to create a linear curve for pitch, roll & yaw and it makes a world of difference. I leave the sensitivity curves in MSFS alone. In X-Plane 11 I adjusted the curves and let me tell you hand flying the FF A320 with this yoke is just sublime.

Richard Carter

My Rig: i5 9600K @ 5.0 Ghz Air Cooled (Noctua NH-D15S) | Asus Prime Z390 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | ZOTAC GTX 1080 TI AMP Edition With Double Noctua NF-12 Mod | 1TB WD Blue NMVE (X-Plane 11 & MSFS 2020) | 2 X 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Black Conventional |, LG 42" LED TV