Sign in to follow this  
badgenes

XCub Performance 215 Mod - AP Augers In

With the XCub mod whenever I engage the AP mode ALT, regardless of whether it is sync'd to current altitude, the aircraft immediately dives nearly vertically towards the earth.  Anyone else having this issue?

I just flew the last version with Steve Dra... loading up the 215HP now... did you get @kaosfere's latest mod v2?  I seldom use the AP as it hand flies beautifully (prior version) and there is horrid interaction going out of AP....but not uncorrectable... will report back.

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Alt mode works but in my experience you have to fly at a more or less stable height before you engage it. When it works, it works fine. 🙂 Even ILS approach works, I just did a silly long flight from Pratzschwitz to Dresden in IFR mode. Everything worked, even the final approach. Last few meters by hand, of course, I don't think it will auto-land smoothly.

I too can confirm that the latest 215HP mod works fine. 

The AP requires proper trimming before engagement- this is vital. Think of it as a simple wing leveler for best results.  99% of the time I hand fly the XCub anyhow... There is still major alpha change with AP disco- but again... it's not how I use this aeroplane... I use it strip hopping in Idaho, Montana or Alaska... with my head on a swivel.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Not sure, I'll go check before trying that AP again.

Cool thanks for the feedback.  I'd prefer to hand fly it as well most of the time, its built for that and its not like its a high workload cockpit.  However it was word not allowed weather here this morning and I'd just run across it so I naturally wanted to take it up.  Like most tests I was taking it for a quick flight across town to a little airport, KSSF.  I decided to try it because "WOW there's a 10 inch display in the XCub now! And a tricked out AP to boot!"  so i prepped on the runway for using it once clear of the field.   Getting it in the air was sketchy so I thought "Let's see what this can do with the current chop" and engaged the AP with NAV enabled, sync'd altitude and punched ALT...."Secure all hatches. DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!". Tried this twice and gave up on that right before she broke apart on me and I came smashing down in my boxers onto I-281S.   Boy that was embarrassing, and it stung a bit too...

I'll try it again in more stable circumstances and see what's what.

Do you guys have a link for this mod?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Do you guys have a link for this mod?

Its funny in our little click we probably think we've all pretty much followed the same mod's with interest and have tried them all based on how we see other post about their flying style.

SD...I'm a little shocked you haven't been all over this one. 🙂   I hope the population of Cub-lovers out there don't stone me for saying this...but I was never a huge Cubby fan (baseball or aviation for that matter, LOL).

But this conversion of her... and the mods that has been updated extensively is outstanding...and I find it my go-to plane even over my beloved 172 (liking both models now that the G1000 is sooo much better than stock...thanks Working Title!).

I think you will thoroughly enjoy her. 😉

Re-posting this lovely pic that is fresh in my mind from the relaxing flight I had with @cavaricooper this morning:

jskpl4.jpg

She is an excellent hand-flier, as evidenced to see even ME flying her...sans-autopilot, in a loose formation with Mr. Cooper. 🤣

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

15 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Its funny in our little click we probably think we've all pretty much followed the same mod's with interest and have tried them all based on how we see other post about their flying style.

SD...I'm a little shocked you haven't been all over this one. 🙂   I hope the population of Cub-lovers out there don't stone me for saying this...but I was never a huge Cubby fan (baseball or aviation for that matter, LOL).

B

jskpl4.jpg

She is an excellent hand-flier, as evidenced to see even ME flying her...sans-autopilot, in a loose formation with Mr. Cooper. 🤣

I have nearly every mod bookmarked, but somehow I missed this one..But not anymore!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

21 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

But this conversion of her... and the mods that has been updated extensively is outstanding...and I find it my go-to plane even over my beloved 172 (liking both models now that the G1000 is sooo much better than stock...thanks Working Title!).

I think you will thoroughly enjoy her. 😉

Re-posting this lovely pic that is fresh in my mind from the relaxing flight I had with @cavaricooper this morning:

jskpl4.jpg

What a beautiful picture Mr. Painter! The lighting and silhouettes are awesome!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I have nearly every mod bookmarked, but somehow I missed this one..But not anymore!

Hehe,,,,In my reversion back to my childhood....your "I missed this one"...I can't help but think of one of my favorite lines in a Disney classic I watched over and over with my kids,...Skip to about 1 min if you don't want to watch the whole song...but its a classic 🙂 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

What is theeees

How on earth could I have meeeeesed

This tiny leeeetle feeeesh.

30 years since I watched that with my little girl, and it’s still burned into my brain @Steve Dra !

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Where the heck have I been all this time?  215HP more power!!!

50534730576_d4406c53a4_o.png215HP-xcub by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, ryanbatcund said:

Where the heck have I been all this time?  215HP more power!!!

215HP-xcub by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Welcome to the Cub Club Ryan, hehe.   Glad to have you on board! 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Doering said:

What a beautiful picture Mr. Painter! The lighting and silhouettes are awesome!

This sim makes it criminally easy to take shots that take your breath away....its 90% of the sim, 10% of my experience capturing screens that make you go "Dang....maybe I should try this MSFS thingy" 🤣 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg