Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

MSFS Update 5 to be released today?

Does anyone knows if Update 5 will be released today or on Thursday 29?. I'm tired to look for the "Any Key" and not finding anything.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Yes, that is the plan today

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Get ready for the onslaught, and gnashing of teeth.......

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I believe today is the Sim Update so we may have more in the release than many people seem to be expecting after the last patch.

3 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Yep. The trolls will jump in (either inane comments or P3D trolls). Then the hate for Asobo will start. Then folk will start attacking each other.

• Like 9

A loud 5% you didn't fix what I wanted fixed!

A loud 5% you broke a feature I need!

A loud 5% my performance just went in the toilet!

and

The remaining 85% silent majority flying around happy as a clam.

• Like 21

It's actually calmed down in the last few days. Or maybe I'm dreaming.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

10 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Back to FS 1982.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

The any key keeps ruining my day. I'm so sick of pushing that any key. I could be doing other things with my life instead of sitting around waiting for that pointless any key pushing requirement to pop up. If today's fix rids the extreme burden of pressing that any key, it will make my day.

People definitely want to lower expectations on this patch.  Based on what is being fixed in update 5, there's a few things, but it is not going to be a major patch unless they really change things without telling us.  Basically it is a night lighting fix (not even sure what that is), removing the press any key to start, some much needed metric units and the ability to disable the cockpit tooltips (check out the developer blog at the top of the page, if it isn't listed in Update 5, it likely isn't getting fixed today unless they really change something).  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

16 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

The trolls will jump in (either inane comments or P3D trolls).

You mean like the MSFS trolls on the P3D board, who for months were telling the world how perfect this sim would be? Were it not for those people I think there would be a lot less animosity around here. Aside from the fact I think your P3D trolls are for the most part a red herring. 

But I digress. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It's actually calmed down in the last few days. Or maybe I'm dreaming.

Waiting for update 9 plus the inevitable fix to the items they break in update 9. So see ya next year. 😁

Brace for impact! LOL

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI