Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

I've seen some posts that mention 'reinstalling' the sim. If you have downloaded and installed the update once, is there some way to try reinstalling the update a second time without first completely uninstalling the sim?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

18 minutes ago, RW1 said:

I'm glad 1 thing is fixed. HDR now works correctly in 4K. No more hideous Over gama. It's actually amazing.

Rick what am I missing HDR capable tv and HDR is on in windows but grayed out in sim menu - how can I get it working ? thanks 

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, rickjake said:

I have the goflght yoke and TQ6. No issues here. 

Ditto here, TQ6+ plugged into a powered hub and no CTD (knocks on wood).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

25 minutes ago, RW1 said:

I'm glad 1 thing is fixed. HDR now works correctly in 4K. No more hideous Over gama. It's actually amazing.

Noticed hdr off in windows if I turn it on screen looks terrible - washed out - tv setting are set to hdr auto tried other hdr options also same thing - windows says tv is hdr capable not sure what the issue is - not cable high end 8k cable

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, robert young said:

Thanks for confirming.

Welcome 

Rich Sennett

35 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

Up in the air and only about 6 hours late on a flight.  Hehehe...  Dang, the night lighting really has south Florida lit up!  May be a bit much though.  Noticed a new weather page on the stock G1000 (not Nexrad but looks similar to what the airliners have).  Missing my track up though so waiting for the Working Title folks for their next update.

The lighting is in your face over-the-top on my screen. Horrible indistinct white blobs everywhere. 85% of city lights are amber or light yellow. Where is all this white stuff coming from? I liked the subtlety of lighting before this. It was beautiful in places despite the missing lighting poles. The current cityscape at night reminds me of an early version of Flight 1's fsx lighting addon from 10 years ago :huh:

It could be also that for some reason I'm getting very blurry scenery and lights including in the cockpit with exactly the same Nvidia driver and settings as before.

Edited by robert young
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I love the night lighting

Approach to KDFW

KDFW-Night.png

• Like 7

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just now, Manny said:

I love the night lighting

Approach to KDFW

Beautiful Manny 🙂 

• Like 2

Rich Sennett

I am now suspecting the CTDs are primarily due to two reasons.

1) Some USB Hob issues? or maybe some USB controller issues? I do not have this since I have connected only a 20 year old MS Sidewinder Joystick to the Sim other than my Mouse and Keyboard

2) Liveries. I do not know how to fix them.  I have Nepal airline with a model and a texture folder sitting on its own.. it does not CTD but I cannot see the Nepal Airline livery within the sim. I removed the Grand ver 8 livery set. You know the big one I am talking about? I have no custom liveries now.. and I do not have a CTD. Not yet

I still have the KSEA CTD that I have had from, probably day 1 or 3. There is no cure for that. I just have to avoid KSEA.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I don't think it's worth my time to try to track down what is causing all the problems.  There are just too many of them and after all the wrestling with hardware and software "fixes" something new always crops up.  These guys are obviously in way over their heads and will need some outside help and a lot of time before this sim is usable. 

For me to think otherwise is the triumph of hope over experience.

6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I've seen moving ones since launch.

Restart your computer.

Ha!  I'm not new to Microsoft products, I restarted about 20 times, including reboot, shutdown/restart, power button, unplug etc. and that did nothing for the ms store problem. 

In another thread someone suggested running "wsreset" on command prompt to clear the ms store cache.   That worked and update is installing now.

Edited by N7470
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, N7470 said:

Ha!  I'm not new to Microsoft products, I restarted about 20 times, including reboot, shutdown/restart, power button, unplug etc. and that did nothing for the ms store problem. 

In another thread someone suggested running "wsreset" on command prompt to clear the ms store cache.   That worked and update is installing now.

Funny thing, on Asobo's official troubleshooting site, they have one Knowledge Base article that says to upgrade to Windows 10 2004 to fix issues with the Windows Store version of the sim.

Just below it is a Knowledge Base article saying that Windows 10 2004 may cause CTDs and one fix is to downgrade to Windows 10 1909.

Totally typical Microsoft BS.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Late night at work and bit apprehensive about the update (especially with the ancient G940 FCS). Luckily an uneventful install. Also did the Windows Update and new Nvidia drivers for good measure. Who needs just one variable to troubleshoot 🙃.

Definitely agree that the AA is noticeably improved, as is rendering the calm water. Seem to be lot more other tweaks under the hood and a really solid update. Here's hoping for an official fix for the USB related CTDs...

Now I'm getting crash to desktop as well. Worked fine earlier. Didn't chave anything other than that I flew the Bonanza before and was now trying the C172.

.. oh and I installed hte lateast Nvidia driver. Maybe that's broke it.

Edited by Republic3D
correction

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s